Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > The first man on earth?

Previous  123 ... 131415 ... 202122  Next
Author The first man on earth?
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-27 12:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@twometere, you missd the whole point. No one but creationists are saying Man evolved from monkeys.

No Evolutionist has ever claimed that Man evolved from monkeys. What they claim is that we evovled from some kind of primate that existed millions of years ago. They claim monkeys and chimps ALSO evolved from this same primate. That primate has since died out. They NEVER claimed that YOU or anyone that ever lived evolved from monkeys (except other monkeys).

If you can't be bothered to understand the basic's of the theory then you aren't qualified to make an argument against it on scientific grounds. Religious and emotional yes, but your argument holds no LOGIC.

You just can't do science without LOGIC. Yes, the religious feelings are important, but they are not proof of anything. They are feelings, they are personal, and they cannot be enforced on anyone else. However, logic is an absolute value that applies to everyone equally, whether they believe it or not. Hence the apple falls on your head, whether you believe in gravity or not. When people agree on a standard of LOGIC to rule over emotion in science, there is a good reason for this. Science would fall apart if it was guided by the whims of all the different church doctines. It must be guided buy cool calculating logic, and driven by the passion of the scientist to discover the absolute truth, not the truth that suits this or that religious pressure group.

The very purpose of creationist science is to discover the proof of the literal interpretation of the bible. This is anti-science, since the hypothesis is treated as fact from very the beginning. A true scientist has an open mind and doesn't presume to know the answers before he or she starts to investigate.
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2008-01-27 12:23
God doesn't exist people..

No two ways about it... fictional character created to try and keep people living in a certain way. While I have great admiration for those who an believe, I also wonder how then can be so blinkered as to believe God exists.

Evolution happens all around us... take the humble mobile phone for example.. 15 years ago, all they did was make calls, now they make calls, send texts, send MMS, have 5mp cameras on, have internal GPS... and before you all bite my head off, I know thats technology but just showing you that evolution does work!

As for human evolution, if evolution didn't exist, why would the predominant hair colour in Scandinavia be blonde? Why do Far Eastern people have wider, smaller aperture eyes? why are eskimos very small? why do ALL Arabs have black hair? Why are there white and black people in the world? (All the pictures I've seen of Adam and Eve have depicted them to be white......)

You can't argue that the above points I've mentioned aren't valid, they have all adapted to their surroundings, black people for example... where are they originally from? Africa, Native Australians, African-Americans, Caribaeans and Other Islands, they have evolved black skin to suit there surroundings, black skin has more melanin in the skin, melanin being a natural pigment found is nature that helps protect the skin from sunlight... Sunlight being found in oodles in Africa, Australia etc etc..

I refute the big bang theory, but I do agree with evolution, I just don't know where it began.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-27 13:56
@fatreg
So you have admiration for us but think we're blinkered? Why then do you admire us believers? It doesn't make sense. I think you're only fooling yourself with this statement.

It's interesting you mention Mobile technology in this context; do you understand exactly how a phone's hardware and software works? I don't. But I have faith that when I press the buttons it'll respond in the way I want it to. I don't have to understand the science God uses to make things work to live within his laws and on the world he created, but if I do it's because I have an open mind and not a closed one.

The argument of adaptation versus evolution has been made already in the previous thread which covered this debate. Do we have to go there again?

As regards the pictures of Adam and Eve, it's well known that these were not painted at the time they lived... obviously artistic licence was used. So what?

I see that you refute the Big Bang theory yet do not have a sound alternative. This shows that your 'beliefs' require faith to adhere to. Perhaps we're not so different?

"Innovation in styling comes from innovation in packaging" - Gordon Murray

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2008-01-27 13:01 ]
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2008-01-27 17:34

On 2008-01-27 13:56:33, carkitter wrote:
@fatreg
So you have admiration for us but think we're blinkered? Why then do you admire us believers? It doesn't make sense.

I admire the fact that you can believe in book that was translated from Hebrew into English and live by the rules set out in said book, I think you are blinkered for believing in the book though, it's clearly faltered, was designed purely as a way of living, no more, no less.. a deity has been placed in it to give people something to answer to, but as said, I have admiration for those that can believe in a book and live their life by it.

but I think it boils down to the individual, I've been through many of personality tests and I am a perceiving person, I need facts and figures to be able to equate that into some sort or logical understanding, and a holy book doesn't give me the information I need, it raises too many questions for me to be able to take what it says seriously..

and mobile phones... no I don't know what the work fully... but it's all about evolution.... why would they have started with a VGA cam if they could have plonked a 15mp cam in it straight away? but the same can be said about PCs...

15 years ago you would have been lucky to have a 386Mhz PC, 15 years on and we now have 4.0GHz dual core PCs..... times change, things change, things evolve......
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-28 09:48

On 2008-01-25 10:34:00, whizkidd wrote:
Thats because some of them decided not to evolve.

How could you say such
tapojyoti
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-28 20:08
If God created man,then he created this earth.If He created this earth then He created this Solar System...If He created this solar system,He created Milky Way...it goes all along to the universe.BUT,what if I ask you what is OuTsIdE this universe?The gravitational mass at the middle of the universe is holding us out of the sight of Outside.Evolution is a circle.It has no beginning nor no ending.It can be same with the universe.But...the "Search For The Unexplained Continues"If it is that the universe has no beginning and no ending then it's ROUND,like the earth.Well...if you have common sense then now not only 1 universe is seen by you.Infinity is the no. That can answer many questions.Oh...and by the way,I do know how mobile phones work
KingBooker5
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-01-28 20:51
lol I feel really bad for writing this, I am a Christian but this made me crack up, no offence to any one:

How many athiests does it take to change a light bulb? Two, one actualy changes the lightbulb and the other records the person change the bulb so Christian fundamentalists dont claim that God did it
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-29 00:07
Well my father is an atheist and I can tell you now, atheists generally don't really care about trying to stop anyone else having a belief about something. Usually in my experience it's the religious people who think they have to control what other people think

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2008-01-28 23:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2008-01-29 00:08 ]
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2008-01-29 00:33
@max - I do believe that we did NOT originate from MONKEYs . . . coz if we do . . . how come there are still: apes, orangutans and gorillas in the jungle and even in the ZOOs - right

For where MAN really came from is really a MYSTERIOUS thing that I believe that EVEN science cannot PROVE that ! Did God create us ? Did aliens make us For what I truly believe is that . . . if there is WATER, there is LIFE ! It so happened that WATER is abundant in planet Earth since time immemorial . . .

BOATED vest Eysyan-member 2007
Funniest Member: 1st Runner-Up 200

[ This Message was edited by: *Jojo* on 2008-01-29 00:26 ]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-29 00:57

On 2008-01-29 00:33:23, *Jojo* wrote:
@max - I do believe that we did NOT originate from MONKEYs . . . coz if we do . . . how come there are still: apes, orangutans and gorillas in the jungle and even in the ZOOs - right

Jojo, can you please read my posts AGAIN! I have never Claimed we come from Monkeys. READ my posts on the matter carefully. You will see I AM NOT saying we come from monkeys.

Science cannot prove where LIFE originally came from (yet) but the theory of evolution is not some sort of guess; it is a theory derived from years of scientific research. At it's most basic, there are millions of fossils that have been discovered that show clearly the evolution of species from one species to the next. This evolution is chronologically ordered, as indicated by rock strata in which the fossils are found and carbon dating. No one knows for sure what caused the evolution. Fundementalist Christians presume that God created each slightly different animal from scratch, that there was no leading from one to the next. Even if God did this, he was obviously copying from the previous creature when he created the next. This is an evolution from one form to the next. Whether the evolution is directed by God, Nature, or a bit of both, it's still evolution no matter which way you look at it.

And the trail of evolution strongly indicates that HUMANS and MONKEYS etc, all evolved from the same ancestor. This ancestor WAS NOT A MONKEY. It was a primate of some kind, BUT NOT A MONKEY
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2008-01-29 01:24

On 2008-01-27 12:04:33, max_wedge wrote:

No Evolutionist has ever claimed that Man evolved from monkeys.

@max - H m m m m . . . so, YES, it was NOT you who said it but . . . the Evolutionists

But there are very DUSTURBING images that says or even PROVE that Human Beings EVOLVED/originated from - a chimpanzee/apes !

Proof 1 :

Proof 2 :

Proof 3 :

[addsig]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-29 01:36
Your proof is irrefutable!

btw, if you ask ANY evolutionsist they will tell you that we didn't evolve from Monkeys. It's only Creationists (not all but some) who seem to think that the theory of evolution means humans evolved from monkeys.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2008-01-29 01:50
@max - Yeah, I do AGREE pal ! But as the TITLE of this thread states . . . I am 100% that it's NOT Adam and Eve who FIRST Roamed this planet Earth. One more thing, as it was written . . . They are the FIRST couple to have survived this planet, then had: Abel and Cain (both boys) as their kids . . . so, how did the population GREW from there ! [addsig]
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-01-29 03:20

On 2008-01-29 01:50:45, *Jojo* wrote:
@max - Yeah, I do AGREE pal ! But as the TITLE of this thread states . . . I am 100% that it's NOT Adam and Eve who FIRST Roamed this planet Earth. One more thing, as it was written . . . They are the FIRST couple to have survived this planet, then had: Abel and Cain (both boys) as their kids . . . so, how did the population GREW from there !

maybe some kind of gay immaculate conception? Or maybe like the new species supposedly appear out of nowhere, so to do babies? Maybe the stork brang them

It does seem a bit silly doesn't it? Obviously Adam and Eve are symbolic devices used to demonstrate a more complex idea. I don't think Adam and Eve were actual people at all. More likely they represent the first races on earth, rather than only two people.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2008-01-29 03:41
@max - Yes, I agree ! Have you seen the Film - Predator 2 In a way I guess that the shot there that shows the Predator-chief handed over to Danny Glover (protagonist) a 17th or 18th century rifle is soooo TRUE, telling that they (aliens) were here a loooooooong loooooong time ago ! [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 131415 ... 202122  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic