Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Darvin a NUT?

Author Darvin a NUT?
paulbang
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 15:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@jim read it again dude . .
dont your thumbs hurt??
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 15:55
Bible.com I recommend the NIV study Bible, I have one and it's awesome.

Genesis Chapter 11 - The Tower of Babel (NIV)
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 16:03
I would recommend a basic course in Natural History ;-) Anyway, My work here is done for the time being. Have a nice day!

This message was posted from a T610

paulbang
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 16:33
@golden those who fight and run away live to fight another day . . . be like Arnie and come back soon lol
dont your thumbs hurt??
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 16:35
I guess I have to see it to believe it!!!
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 16:40
Quote:

On 2005-07-14 15:49:00, goldenface wrote:
@carkitter. No, twisting my words to suit your own dubious response is not the answer I was expecting You're telling me you can't see a correllation between people in warmer climes having darker skin and those of us in colder climes being of a fairer complexion? Truthfully?

Sorry, perhaps the humour was misplaced.
When someone's skin darkens due to prolonged exposure to the sun, that's adaptation not evolution. A dark skinned person is another race, not another species. No DNA has changed due to the colour change.
Warmer climes / darker skin, is quite reasonable and disproves evolution. A new species of Human for warmer climes would probably have the light-coloured reflective skin as mentioned before or some similar alternative...
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
paulbang
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 16:43
hey the color of skin is because of the coloring pigment callen mellanin thats used to protect the body from uv rays etc
dont your thumbs hurt??
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 16:47
Today science is very advanced,
would it not be possible to re evolve monkeys and then evolve them again??

sorry dont have any facts just curious:)

searched the web, this has been discussed by doctors, philosophers anthropologist, scientists, priests etc etc etc etc.... they still havent reached a conclusion... how are we going to?????
paulbang
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 16:57
@kbr

lol this reminds me of the movie "28 DAYS"

you seen it - similiar effects
dont your thumbs hurt??
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 17:26
@paul: I have read it and if you have basic knowledge of chemistry and biology/genetic you would easily find errors in the article.

Quote:
In fact, evolution can be precisely defined as any change in the frequency of alleles within a gene pool from one generation to the next.

from talkorigins.org

So that means that evolution is not the creation of another specie which most thinks !

It's true that some of the mysteries are unsolved but that doesn't mean that something powerfull created. Look in the past, earth was flat and was center of the universe (one of the numerous examples). Those who believed the contrary had a really hard time to prove it but now it would be totally absurd to think again that earth is flat so there are mistakes, maybe it's the same for evolution and hystory of mankind. Anyone actually thought of that ?

Why should a book, which at that time they didn't have the necessary knowledge, have all the answers ? They just assumed that whe where created because they couldn't find a solution to the answer, now we have the tools and knowledge to prove that it's nature laws like for the earth is flat and center of the universe but it can take many more years to be 100% sure.

I know, I hit hard on your faith this time
paulbang
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 17:57
@jim

on the contrary my friend, the bible said the earth was round and the only people who thought it was flat were ones that didnt read/believe in it and were skeptics like you

Also ancient hebrew text also say (and so does the book of Genesis) that the sun is the centre of the universe and that the earth revolfes around it etc its all there..........

The bible is so accurate that it actually mentions place like India in it.......read it and believe it
dont your thumbs hurt??
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 18:08
Paulbang said:hey the color of skin is because of the coloring pigment callen mellanin thats used to protect the body from uv rays etc

Thanks.

Which is why humans and animals are able to adapt to their environment. These changes in our genetic make-up are called mutations. They may be only slight at first but when a couple reproduce these mutations are passed to to their offspring. Tall parents will more than likely produce tall children.

Over hundreds of thousands of years these mutations add up to a definite change in our physiology. Like Jim says, humans are much taller and stronger than they were previously.

A very common example of this today is dog breeding.

If you look at how the human has bred dogs to compete in dog shows such as Crufts, just a half a century ago certain breeds looked quite different - such as the English Bull Terrier. People have chosen the best characteristics of a type of dog and bred out those features which are not deemed suitable.

As a consequence the English Bull Terrier is a different looking creature today from what it was half a century ago.

And before you throw a tin of dog food at me, my point is that nature operates in much the same way - by Natural Selection. At what stage one species becomes another is not up to me to define but thats what happens - plain and simple.

Like Jim says, when the human race migrated out of Africa to colder climes its physiology changed. I suppose less melanin was needed which is why Scandinavians have fairer skin.
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2005-07-14 18:27
Quote:

On 2005-07-14 17:57:44, paulbang wrote:
on the contrary my friend, the bible said the earth was round and the only people who thought it was flat were ones that didnt read/believe in it and were skeptics like you

Then I have a lack of history cause I remember (long time ago) that it was the Christians who couldn't believe it was round but it was so long time ago that I might be wrong
Quote:

Also ancient hebrew text also say (and so does the book of Genesis) that the sun is the centre of the universe and that the earth revolfes around it etc its all there..........

I hope you don't bite in there, our sun or galaxy can't be the center of the universe !

@Goldenface: you are right, good example, again ! I think we said everything we could, every question has been answered (well I think) in this post.
Gigs
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-07-15 00:33
The problem of this debate thus far as been to prove evolution. The problem I see is to the other side, please prove creation without the following: "It's in the bible(or other religous text)" or "I have faith that it happened."

Both issues have the same problem, neither side is happy with the results or the basis for each theory presented. The only way to solve it is unfortunately to just believe that you in yourself are right and that if others agree with you its fortunate, if not then they are right to believe what they believe. (While having a beer lamenting how wrong they are - this step optional)

paulbang
K700
PM
Posted: 2005-07-15 03:45
@gigs lol is your first name ryan? Anyway the creation believers want the others to see the light- our point of view. We can't explain or form theories on everything ourselves. Since God himself said that he created the universe in 7 days including man and all animals i refuse to believe anything contrary to this- thats because i believe in God. For those of you who don't , now is the time for you guys to investigate- look inward as- you have your whole lives to think right, at one stage God willing when you do see my view i hope you understand.
"i have been fearfully and wonderfully made"- king David
dont your thumbs hurt??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic