Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P1i vs N95

Author P1i vs N95
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-26 03:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Can anyone comment on the battery performance with everyday use?

..It actually does give ten hours of talk time in the same conditions the k750 had nine (gsm, good condition). It's very similar on the standby time as well. It barely draws power when you don't use it.

Other than that - I played Beneath a steel sky for about four- five hours on the train once, and that took off about 40%. Some ten episodes of red vs blue is about 25%. Streaming an hour and 45 mins of realmedia off the bbc's listen again service via wlan - 50 - 60 percent or so. It's the same with 3g - the battery drains very quickly.

But when just writing and sending a couple of files, taking a couple of calls and maybe watching some series, or listening to a podcast I pick up during the day - I know the battery will last at least 24 hours. And if I don't play with the phone much more than that, it often ends up at 20% or so at the end of the second day.

So it's not like the k750 I used to charge maybe twice a week. Still, not bad at all..
DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-26 05:04

On 2007-08-25 23:14:04, bavlondon2 wrote:
Im thinking of getting either this or the w960. The P1 seems to have a better standby time though.

i wish the p1i was designed with that flush screen like the w960.. it makes it look much nicer, easier to clean and easier to use...
Shaolinmonk on HOFO Official PHONE JUNKIE
My P1i Review
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=152437&start=0
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-26 10:16
dragonEye

mib1800 you crack me up too... you're the best nokia diehard fanboy ever! lol at "missing features" last time i checked... my p1i has a camera, has wifi and video.. heck it even has gps too... (tomtom)

Can't you read properly? I thought only diehard SE fanboy can come out with these equations 3.2Mp = 5Mp : qvga@15fps = vga@30fps or inbuilt GPS = external BT gps. . Hey wait, I forgot you are a diehard SE fanboy
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-26 13:59

On 2007-08-26 05:04:18, DragonEye wrote:
i wish the p1i was designed with that flush screen like the w960.. it makes it look much nicer, easier to clean and easier to use...

It does look nicer, specially if you have things floating on a black background. On the other hand, imagine what the touch- screen would look like after a while, when you start to get small scratches in the glass. Or what it'd look like with a screen- protector..
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-26 15:43
I think i may get one. Cant be bothered waiting for the w960 plus P1s are pretty cheap now.
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2007-08-26 15:51
Quote:

On 2007-08-26 13:59:58, Nipsen wrote:

It does look nicer, specially if you have things floating on a black background. On the other hand, imagine what the touch- screen would look like after a while, when you start to get small scratches in the glass. Or what it'd look like with a screen- protector..

yeah, screen protector would be really noticeable and obtrusive, surely!
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-26 17:02

On 2007-08-25 23:14:04, bavlondon2 wrote:
Im thinking of getting either this or the w960. The P1 seems to have a better standby time though.

What do you mean by flushed? Do you mean like the screen embedded flat as oppose to the w960s being chunky and potruding more out?
jakontil
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-08-26 17:53
w960 looks nice, but i think i can't live without the P1i keyboard qwerty for now

[ This Message was edited by: jakontil on 2007-08-26 17:00 ]
DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-27 06:30
for the ones living in denial that s60 doesn't leak ram...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?p=9780692#post9780692
Shaolinmonk on HOFO Official PHONE JUNKIE
My P1i Review
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=152437&start=0
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-27 08:40
That proves nothing. Some apps when run will activate background/daemon processes which does not show up as active task. These processes remain alive even if the app is closed.
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-27 09:07
@Dragon Eye,

I have never said they have no memory leaks as they do but they are usually minor, i have never seen a N95 with that little Ram and loads of apps running never mind none. From reading the whole post i can only conclude there is either something seriously wrong with that N95 or some of those Java apps he has installed are not appearing in the status report. YahooGo 2.0 which is now a java app as opposed to the original is really bad for using system resources as tries to maintain a virtually constant connection and seeing as not one other poster reported the same experiences as that i would hardly call it conclusive either.

Whilst i still had my N95 i hardly ever turned it off and never had less than 19mb Ram after closing running apps with Handy Taskman and if what he has posted was the norm there would be thousands of people reporting the same and screaming blue murder. IMO there must be something drastically wrong with that N95 or something he has installed is causing the problem.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-08-27 08:07 ]
Tail
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-27 11:14
Offcourse Dogmann, that your N95 was perfect. Did not think of anything else. But, I have had it my self and you can not have 19 megs of ram left after a couple of days. Its impossible, and that goes allsow for N80 and N73. I have had them all, and none of them have this kind of ram left after a few days online, no way

[ This Message was edited by: Tail on 2007-08-27 10:15 ]
myth_old
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-08-27 11:52
Marc,

while I perfectly agree with your comments on the P990 fiasco and SE's outrageous attitudes nowadays, I do not get why you are unable to form and present the same realistic and objective opinion for Nokia products, especially the N-series.

I have used an N95 myself and have tested 10 devices before buying and only 3 of them didn't have the wobbly slider. There were others fm the SAME batch which HAD a wobbly slider, so I do not believe that the slider thing is a matter of old/new batch..

if what he has posted was the norm there would be thousands of people reporting the same

So what about the slider and cheap build quality which IS being reported by thousands ? You don't accept those to be norms, or better, facts either, do you ? [addsig]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-27 13:00
@Myth

Please show me one post anywhere that i have claimed all N95's are perfect go on please do. I have acknowledged many times that some do have problems but no where near as many as some of you would like us all to believe. Yes they should all be perfect but unfortunately in life very little is. Again if you really doubt me ask Mutleboy who i am sure will confirm the exact condition of my N95 even now. Again for a device that has sold well over 1.5 million units and still selling well it really can't be that bad can it and the number of units with problems considering the amount sold is relatively small isn't it? although in a perfect world there should be none with problems.

@Tail

Are you suggesting i am lieing as if so i would be very careful if i was you, as i am telling as you as a fact using Handy Taskman and closing apps when i had finished using them my N95 always returned to approximately 19mb Ram and if you like it or not that is a fact not conjecture. Maybe you left programs running continuously in which case of course the Ram would remain low but to suggest otherwise is wrong. Did you use Handy Taskman? where you using push E-Mail or leaving IM programs running as both of those things will effect the Ram greatly. My E61 is even better as has over 24mb Ram on starting up and around 21mb Ram after running for days again using Handy Taskman to close apps i am not using.

Lastly i really don't care what any of you think i simply report as i find it, this weird idea some of you seem to have that i think Nokia is without fault and perfect is without foundation and is the only argument you ever come up with as i dare speak out about SE's faults. Much the same as the amount of times people claim i suggest people shouldn't buy SE and buy Nokia something i have never said anywhere not once but many are happy to repeat this as though it is fact which quite simply it isn't.

Why any of you should think i care what you think of Nokia is beyond me i couldn't care less. What i do is correct is all this misinformation so many of you are happy to spout in the deluded belief that just because other devices have minor problems that excuses the gross incompetence of SE. I never realised so many of you are SE shareholder's and therefore so desperate to try and maintain SE's image. I mean really it's not like anything i claim about SE is untrue is it? Some of you defend SE like it's your child and just can't accept any of their wrong doings and sorry but that really is pathetic. Every time we talk of an SE problems it's always the same BS from the same culprits Nokia are bad, who cares how good or bad any another manfactuer is if we are talking about SE only what SE does is relevant why is that such a complex concept for some of you to grasp it really makes me question some of yours intelligence or in some cases lack of. Why some of you are unable to accept anything that SE does wrong is totally illogical and you would all be doing SE a favour by holding them accountable for their actions rather than just accepting and praising every thing they do because as long as you continue like this they have no reason to improve or change.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-08-27 12:04 ]
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-27 13:04
@dogmann:

well said mate.

@myth

If you nitpick then N95 and any other phone built quality may not be good enough. People get the N95 for what it can do and not just to look at it. What's the use of better built quality (e.g P990) when the stability and reliability was crap. Except for SOME with wobbly sliders, the N95 is on the whole solidly built (no creaks or peeling paint).

[ This Message was edited by: mib1800 on 2007-08-27 12:07 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic