Add to Bookmarks
Author P1i vs N95
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 17:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-08-25 15:25:30, tenshi888 wrote:

Ok, the N95 has all that but since it only has 20mb of free RAM its TRULY obsolete. You can't even keep the music player running while surfing the web. The limited ram, the lack of qwerty keyboard, lousy build quality and the really poor battery life makes the N95 worse than obsolete, its basically a defective design. The P1i can have everything running and it won't crash. Now, if my P1i's camera does die, I don't know why it should, I will report on it and let everybody know. I'm just reporting facts, not speculation. There is nothing I just said that you cannot factually refute.

I dont have problem with music + web (unless the web page is huge) on my N95. This limitation in multi-task is very small price to pay compared to P1i missing BIG TIME features (like 5Mp, vga30fps, faster processor, gps etc etc).

And dont forget that P1i has some reliability problem (like its predecessor p990) like wifi, camera and software bugs.
Tail
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 17:16
But for crying out loud, this device are sold most for people reading the specs, AND you know this. They dont even tried the phone before bying. Is this something new to you? As the most users are doing. So what you are saying is just crap
jakontil
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 17:21

On 2007-08-25 16:59:27, Tail wrote:
@ sunking101

Yes, thats right. This is what I am talking about, the built quality. Its terrible on the N series, all of them. And even on the E series right now, just look at the E90

[ This Message was edited by: Tail on 2007-08-25 16:00 ]

actually, this time it is an exception bro, the e90 built quality is quite good compared to the rest of nokia lines.....it only looses to the great sirrocco
I capturing sexy women on the beach
I

This message was posted from an iphone
tenshi888
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 17:31
Well, even with its current faults, the P1i is still an excellent phone. Its not cutting edge but I think that's also why its so stable and everything pretty much works. I don't have any problems with the wifi but it is B-spec and it really should be G-spec these days, the camera is ok but not that great-- I'm hoping a firmware update will improve it.

Whether its Nokia or SE I think once they put in anything cutting edge we can expect to be beta testers as the pace of development and pressure to one-up each other really doesn't leave much room or time for them to build it up to a stable point and release it as it should. The e61 and e61i are good examples of this, its not cutting edge but they are excellent phones and very stable. Nokia could have put in the latest N series music player into it but it would have eaten up available RAM and render it less stable so they didn't. Now the E90 has a mix of the features of the N series and the E series but it also has 128mb RAM and it was released a few months later so they had more time to develop it. Obviously Nokia can produce well built phones like the E series but strangely enough the N series is just not of the same level.
Nipsen
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-08-25 18:17

On 2007-08-24 06:53:03, tenshi888 wrote:
(...)You can't even just properly copy and paste in most instances, like in received messages, web pages.

...what? And I thought the p1 sucked because I couldn't paste too much because of some limitation on the working stack..
londonlad123
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 18:22
@Dogmann

I know you already own the e61 but you used to already own the e90 and n95 as well, but only e61 has remained.
DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 18:30
Marc you are too funny... you digged up every thread that was bad about the p1i ...hilarious...

should i google up all the problems that people have had with the n95?. and post all the threads from other forums??.. again this is a se forum... if it didn't have people discussing compliants and issues... there would be no need for esato...

and again made in china or not makes no difference... the bulk of n95's are made there too... if the manufacturer it willing to stick there logo on it.. people should not be concerned with where it is made...

great thread....

mib1800 you crack me up too... you're the best nokia diehard fanboy ever! lol at "missing features" last time i checked... my p1i has a camera, has wifi and video.. heck it even has gps too... (tomtom)

having the best hardware doesn't always mean it's the best phone... the the e90 proves that.....and also I NEVER HAVE AN ISSUE WITH MUSIC AND WEB EVEN IF THE PAGE IS HUGE....

[ This Message was edited by: DragonEye on 2007-08-25 17:34 ]
Dextrr
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 18:33

On 2007-08-25 12:36:24, Dogmann wrote:
@Dextrr

You really are a comedian the P990 has the honor of possibly being the most buggy phone ever released in the History of phones it's spec was up to date when announced but nearly a year later was well out of date when released. Your beloved P1 is nothing more than a P990 with an extra 64mb RAM you really are living in a fantasy world if you consider the P990 to be a quality product.

The N95 has a 332mhz processor and the full version of the graphics chip whilst the P990 and P1 have the light version hence no VGA video recording. I suggest you read the hundreds if not thousands of posts on this very Forum about all the problems people have suffered over the last year with their P990's before making such unsupportable statements. Also look at all the complaints in just a matter of weeks about the P1 also.

As for the battery on the P990 it didn't even ship with the battery it was announced to be shipped with and just now a year later this battery has arrived. The P990 has many more problems than just a lack of Ram it has badly written code and has followed over straight into the P1 i really do suggest you read all the complaints from users before making these absurd claims and calling a P990 class leading and ahead of it's time is just one of the funniest things i have read for ages. you clearly are delusional and out of touch with reality, no HSDPA, no Edge , No VGA video recording and the list goes on. The P990 was a great device when announced but quite simply it failed to deliver anything like what it promised and those are the opinions of people that bought one and feel severely cheated by SE.

You may not like the N95 and no says you have to either but to claim the P990 and P1 are more advanced makes you look ever so silly, think before you post and post based on facts not emotions as obviously like many others you love SE but SE have failed to treat their customers with respect hence stopping Firmware support for the P990 within year that only changed because they were forced to by the outcry and protest from their loyal supporters.

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-08-25 12:10 ]

Hello Dogmann:

I think you might have missed the sarcasm in my post.

Sadly, I own a P990 and know how buggy and frustrating it is to use and live with. Probably the worse electronic device I have ever used!
Tail
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 18:42
@ Dextrr

Just buy a Nokia and you will be fine, just ask Dogmann
A hole lot of different experience
jakontil
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 19:10
lol @ dragoneye, if i were you i wouldn't have, save on your bandwidth mate, that's wiser than discussing old threads.....life goes on

and i smell someone is sucking up

This message was posted from a GH388
This message was posted from a GH388

[ This Message was edited by: jakontil on 2007-08-25 18:12 ]
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 20:54
@Tail

See i knew you couldn't keep to your word as always you have try and take a cheap shot, so go on then big man show me one post anywhere that i have told anyone not to buy SE and to buy Nokia.

The answer is simple you can't because you are nothing but a cheap liar so stop spreading these lies about what i do or say as every time you do you are just making a bigger fool out of your self than you already are. Just grow up and stop behaving like a spoilt little brat whose had his toys taken away from you sad excuse for a human being as now you really are beginning to get both extremely boring and irritating.

@Dextrr

I have already acknowledged that i missed the irony in a previous post.

Marc

Honoured to have won BEST DEBATER

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2007-08-25 19:57 ]
bavlondon2
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 23:14
Im thinking of getting either this or the w960. The P1 seems to have a better standby time though.

Can anyone comment on the battery performance with everyday use?

sunking101
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 23:20
Quote:

On 2007-08-25 23:14:04, bavlondon2 wrote:
Im thinking of getting either this or the w960. The P1 seems to have a better standby time though.

Can anyone comment on the battery performance with everyday use?

The battery life is absolutely SUPERB, I get a good couple of days out of mine with heavy use.

Nickp990
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-08-25 23:30
how many mAh is p1 battery?
N N N sorry for my english

Love my p990 and Esato forum!
mookkoo
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-08-26 02:22