Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > New to Esato? Please read this forum first > Someone stalking my cousin - how does he find her num?

Previous  123  Next
Author Someone stalking my cousin - how does he find her num?
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 14:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
If he calls again, why not just put the phone aside and don't hang up? Someone has to pay his phone bills

My daughter had a similar problem a couple of years ago, she changed her number, but very soon, the people harassing her got hold of her new number aswell. I suppose it is fairly easy to call someone of her friends, impersonating another "trustwothy" friend, and ask for her new number.
Dummaari
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 14:30
if the guy is getting the number from a contact working in the telecom company, then its almost impossible hide the number.

some guys working in telecom company can check mobile imei number, no matter how often u change the sim. if u change the operator also imei will be able to indentify the number when ever a call is made to other operator.

another way to get the number is from the call patterns, & if u change the mobile number & mobile handset it will pssible to find the number. the ppl in telecom can look the past call records & with comparing the new calls its easy to find out the number.

telecom ppl can also know the cell sites the calls are made from. so with past records it will be possible to indentify the mobiles using a specific cell site at a given time.

therefore if its an inside job, the only solution is to get a solution from the relavent authourity.

I have got experience in finding numbers like that & its very easy with current technology
www.posmaldives.com
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 14:42
there must be 2 options:

1- is one of her friends
2- some guy of the network company is joking with her!
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
aatuif
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-22 14:45
now that's what i what i was trying to convey...
lewis71980
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 15:50
Option 3 if she has her number on a social networking site and he has posed as an imposter friend.
aatuif
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-22 15:59
But she changes numbers frequently, and the guy is able to pick them quick... impossible until vexed with some tel co person...
Abik500i
K500
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 18:43
Dummaari thanks u just confirmed something I have sometimes suspected. So here is an additional thing what I am going to do - I will take her k700, give her my, guess what, k500 . When she next changes her sim, he will not know it in case he is using the advanced technology stuff to track her. Can you just give me the name of the technology that u mentioned or something like that so that I can learn more on it on google...

Can't rule out "untrust-worthy" friends and social networking - possible though she's not an active user of them.

By the way I just came home from office - whew, long journey. And I'm really happy to see these many more responses. Just felt like saying glad I found Esato ... can't thank you individually though I honestly wish I could...
dr_thug
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 19:20
@ahik500i,jaldi se apne cousin ki shaadi kara de.The End
upper
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 19:50

On 2007-05-22 08:53:20, Abik500i wrote:
My cousin is facing a strange problem.

There is this fellow who obviously has a crush on her and when she got her new k700 and a sim, he soon got to know her number. We just thought he might have got it from some common friends.

Later, she changed her sim and her number but again he somehow managed to find her number again. She has changed her sim many times (she's using her 5th mobile number in under 2 years) - somehow that fellow always seems to find out her number.

She says she has given her latest number only to trustworthy friends, but now he knows her newest number also !! That fellow and my cousin have no common friends that we know - so any idea how he consistently manages to track her mobile number?? Does he use technology or might he have some friends in those telecom companies - even if so, how does he do that??

Pls help - sometimes she takes it easy (shebut sometimes she gets real upset when he calls her. No use blocking his number 'cos he someyimes uses even local phone booths to call her.

(sorry if the msg was too long)

Maybe those trustworthy friends are not trustworthy.
dr_thug
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 20:06
Theres option in P990,M600 and W950 to allow incoming calls from contacts(address book) only.K700 is old now...better buy a new mobile...ask her to choose from 1 among the above.
Dummaari
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 20:10
Mainly those information is easily available from the fraud dectection systems used by telcoms & different companies use different software.

one of them is watchdog from basset of sweden. u can find the basic information from their website

http://www.bassetlabs.com/Tem[....]59-d576-47a1-ac2d-87ff3b33bfee

thanks
ajeetpv
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 21:13
Quote:

On 2007-05-22 20:06:05, dr_thug wrote:
Theres option in P990,M600 and W950 to allow incoming calls from contacts(address book) only.K700 is old now...better buy a new mobile...ask her to choose from 1 among the above.

i think every SE has this feature.
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-23 04:48
That jerk isa joke. Report him 2 the police. If u dont know him act against his number.

This message was posted from a C1100
govigov
K500
PM
Posted: 2007-05-23 06:04
@abhi, whats the status man?

and are you changing operatora, or are you stciking to the same operator? try changing it to a diff operator. it might be harder for him to find out. also take the number a week in advance, and then suddenly change it, dont put in the new number as soon as you change it. and next time, get the number under a diff name... may be your or your friends name...
ajeetpv
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-05-23 07:23
it's like the sequel of the hollywood film- 'I know (the sim) what you bought last week'
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi