Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > New to Esato? Please read this forum first > Someone stalking my cousin - how does he find her num?

123  Next
Author Someone stalking my cousin - how does he find her num?
Abik500i
K500
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 08:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
My cousin is facing a strange problem.

There is this fellow who obviously has a crush on her and when she got her new k700 and a sim, he soon got to know her number. We just thought he might have got it from some common friends.

Later, she changed her sim and her number but again he somehow managed to find her number again. She has changed her sim many times (she's using her 5th mobile number in under 2 years) - somehow that fellow always seems to find out her number.

She says she has given her latest number only to trustworthy friends, but now he knows her newest number also !! That fellow and my cousin have no common friends that we know - so any idea how he consistently manages to track her mobile number?? Does he use technology or might he have some friends in those telecom companies - even if so, how does he do that??

Pls help - sometimes she takes it easy (shebut sometimes she gets real upset when he calls her. No use blocking his number 'cos he someyimes uses even local phone booths to call her.

(sorry if the msg was too long)
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 08:56
if he is getting some one who works for a network to get her number, that person will soon no longer have a job.... obviously, it is illegal.....
themarques
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 08:57
Well if you guys know him or have his number its advisable at this rate to report him to the Police and possibly put a restraining order of some sort on him.

If she is on contract likely chance he works or has friends in t-mobile so he is able to get the number. I would advise you to report the first step and then contact the provider and see if anyone has accessed her account without her ringing up as its all logged.
govigov
K500
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 09:00
oh yeah we faced the same prob some time back. may be her friends are not as trust worthy as she thinks it is. also ask her friends to store her name by a different name, cause some time, friends of friends browse thru mob and then flick the number, happens a lot. and restrict the people who knows her number to a bare minimum, like family and 1 or 2 close friends that all.

[ This Message was edited by: govigov on 2007-05-22 08:03 ]
Abik500i
K500
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 09:48
Guys, thanks for ur replies.

>500, illegal ... but ... he is real deperate.

Marques,we are from India and contract-mobiles are not as popular. We have a normal (non-contract) connection. I was just thinking - is it possible that he might be using her IMEI so that it gives him some way to use it to track her mobile number?? I'm asking this 'cos when her k700 was still new, she had exchanged mobiles with her friend for some days. He might have got hold of her IMEI during that time...

Govigov, will try that idea next time she changes her sim ... very likely :-\\
Btw, how did you solve it when it happened to you??
ajeetpv
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 10:07
have she took the new sims from the same shop???
(just running my brain's imagination )
he may be the shop owner or a friend of him.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 10:19
@abi - Maybe it's your cousin who is giving the number herself Well anyway, how strange it may be . . . the GUY is good ! Maybe he knows somebody working on a telecom network company [addsig]
antichrist
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 11:08
or maybe a "trustworthy" friend is just mocking you
maggflodd
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 11:13
Where does she buy her phones and sims? Always the same place? [addsig]
lewis71980
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 11:27
Else one final warning then flush his head down a toilet.

If I may ask how old is this guy and is he ugly/fat?
Abik500i
K500
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 12:07
No Maggflodd, she does not buy her sim cards from the same shop...

Ha ha Jojo, I sure hope not.

Now reg the trustworthy friend, I actually half-jokingly said she better stop trusting her trustworthy friends. She has given it to just one friend of hers who she trusts fully - so ...

Lewis, why such a doubt sprang in ur mind - hmm - I've never seen the fellow - but going by her description - she sure doesn't like his looks

We're not looking to complain to the police atleast for now, just looking to solve the riddle of how he does it so that next time we can evad ehim the next time
himlims_nl
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 12:15
why not turn roll
post his mobile number on a dating site/newspaper
prefered male contact
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-22 12:36
Does your friend reply to these nuisance texts?

If she does, tell her to stop and ignore them, this guy probably gets off on getting a reply, even if a negative one. Hopefully if they're ignored he'll get bored and stop.
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

aatuif
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-22 13:05
you said india, so it's not a big thing to get someone's number; just spend some bucks and you can get any info, even confidential govt. documents, then what is the worth of a petty number...
you'd try not to reply to him, if that doesn't help you'd inform the cops (this is a serious issue, don't wait till the matter gets out of hand, as we hear then in 'crime reports')...
just changing mobiles and sims, won't help, i can assure you that...
Abik500i
K500
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 13:20
No she doesn't reply to his texts at all. As for his calls, she used to get fully nervous and has asked him to stop several times. She also has given him a big lecture once when he tried to confront her near a temple !!

Nowadays, she gives absolutely no response if he comes on phone, so that has probably made him bored - i know that 'cos she says his calls have decreased in frequency

But what beats us is how he gets her number - common friends (we don't know of any so far) seems to be the only way??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi