Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > How satisfied are you with your SE P990i?

Previous  123 45 ... 91011  Next
Author How satisfied are you with your SE P990i?
spine6
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-17 17:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm satisfied with my phone and using it everyday for music,watching dvd movies(converted ofcourse),wifi,word documents,powerpoint,calling,texting,taking pictures and playing games. What's good with the new firmware(R5A17) the battery can hold up to 3 days without a single restart and doing all the things i mention above. Videocall is also great seeing my girlfriend everytime i call her. VoiP is what i need and fix the autofocus on video mode plus adding a animation background would be great
tsany
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-05-17 21:03
Am I satisfied? ... A year after it's release it still suffer from design/UI flaws, distinct bugs and SE customer care policy can be described only as FUD

Am I satisfied? ... Hell no ... I am disappointed.
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-05-18 10:17
i was already feeling it strange not finding no one insatisfied
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
dualist
W995 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-05-18 13:55
Very satisfied since the last few firmware updates, and before that I never had many problems with the phone, apart from it being slow. Now it's a lot faster and more stable and I think it's great.

(I've always been in the habit of turning my phone off at least once a day, usually at night, so I think a lot of the memory and resulting application problems that some people moan about never tended to affect me anyway, as the regular reboots keep the phone stable.)

Overall - an excellent, immensely capable handset.

[ This Message was edited by: dualist on 2007-05-18 12:56 ]
Loor
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 09:14
Have now ordered a P990 =)
donroyquilop
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 10:26
Hi Guys,

I'm very satisfied with my P990i today. I've upgraded to the latest firmware and the phone is not at all even buggy anymore. Its fast. Makes me wish that phone should have had this firmware installed already when it first came out but no matter, the phone is working great for me. Just my two cents. Have a nice day!
Nitro Fan
W960
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 14:47

On 2007-05-18 10:17:52, ares wrote:
i was already feeling it strange not finding no one insatisfied

I dont mind having a moan ! my P990i has just started restarting its self again! dont know why its been great since last update I will have to see if there is a more recent update
I have owned the ... T68i T610, P800, P900, P910, P990, W950, P1, W960 But SE have now totally lost the plot.
wabre
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 21:47
hm. i followed the P990i since it was announced. i followed the entire hype around it, all the firmware bugs and the discussions. this device has an incredible aura...after all owners said the newest firmware R5 would be a huge improvement and since the prices dropped dramatically..i decided to buy one. i have it 3 days now and regret it! apart from a bigger screen that can be touched and wifi it is a no-go..sorry for the fans, but my K750i is the actual better phone! i will sell the P990i again and that was it for the smartphones from SE. a friend of mine bought the W950i a week ago - i adviced him to do so because of the music features. that walkman smartphone sucks exactly the same like the P... slow, very buggy, not confortable to use it and music is just...like on a 20 dollar mp3 player!

i would buy again SE, but NOT the smartphones!

myphonexplorer is a FANTASTIC application which can browse my k750i and i can manage it. this is very important and for the P990i there is nothing similar. installing applications that crash and use huge amounts of RAM which is not available in a smartphone, multitasking is only a word, open and close the flip, the cam is like a 1.3 mpx cam of a 50 dollar alcatel...videos are - not worth mentioning it. how do we speak and discuss so much about a phone which is actually nothing special. there are others out there which do the same or even better

[ This Message was edited by: wabre on 2007-05-22 20:55 ]
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 22:45
I think you were wrong in buying the p990 the first place, it seems to be not for you, smartphones i mean....using it is not the same as using a k750, at all

I also had a k750 before, and yes i sometimes miss myphonexplorer, mostly for the ability to send sms from pc, nothing else, (there´s oxygen phone manager, not free though), and its small size, but in all other aspects i would never go back

you also say alot of strange things about the camera, multitasking, errors with apps, etc, all things most of us have no problems right now...the rest of thread is an example

[ This Message was edited by: ares on 2007-05-22 21:47 ]
wabre
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 22:55
considering the fact that a lot of people owned the p990i before, of course they are happy now after the firmware upgrades. so i was hoping to be pleased as well. but honestly it is not that great.

the question was not smartphone or not, but the actual performance and functions of the phone itself. the K750i did what it was supposed to and even better! the p990i was too expensive for what it was supposed to do and waiting for it to become cheaper and better does not qualify for a quality product! anyway, everybody makes a choice and mine was wrong with this phone...by the way, i know what i talk about camera, as i compare k750 with p990 the latter ones are not even 50 % as good. i would say it's a problem of the new firmware that has a way too high noise reduction algorithm, the pictures are like blurred, unnatural and the colors..well, it really looks like an oil painting.
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-05-22 23:00
have you seen n95 photos at full zoom???

i have no problems with p990 photos for what i do with them, although i agree there are improvements to be made...it still can produce great images:

http://www.pbase.com/ares/se_p990i
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
pdechavez
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-05-24 14:09
I got the P990i jus recently and im a smartphone/PDA user and i honestly think it's great...everyone is entitled to their own opinion and not everyone is a smartphone/PDA person...a K750i is for casual users who use day to day features like calling, sms and taking pics etc... the camera features of the P990i are just when businessmen need a break or scanning cards and stuff...but its still a businesss phone..my suggestion is, which i do...is before buying a phone or whatever electronic device, check for reviews, both pros and cons...this will give you a heads up on what to expect from the device. Blowing your money on something which can fail your expectations anytime is worth the research...hope i helped...
fever104
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-05-24 20:45
Only start using P990i for the past 2 weeks and I would say I am very happy with what I got. First, the bads, even with the latest firmware I still see 2-3 mb of mem leak but it stabilizes at around 11-12 mb of ram. For the good parts, play music and browser web in the same time works without any problem. I can even now using TomTom for nav and prob going to sell my palm T3 (still the best PDA, IMHO).
cooldudeca
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-05-25 10:19
i kinda like it but wish it was a little better phone
bjorne
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-05-25 18:34
yes, better with new FM but still memory problem though, SM is still a must, it doesnt close down applications when you - close them. Using TomTom and even with SM I sometimes doesnt get enough memory.

overall, now 6 months later its an acceptable machine but not more, all the headake's until SM came up, all the bugs and faults for a "top-of-the-range" thing - not ok
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic