Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > How satisfied are you with your SE P990i?

123 ... 91011  Next
Author How satisfied are you with your SE P990i?
Loor
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-05-14 10:57
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi,

I am considering buying a SE P990i (can't wait for the P1 as it is for my new job) and I am trying to read lots of threads about the phone. Hard to get a proper understanding of how users of P990i are experiencing it.

So, how satisfied are you with your P990i? Can you recommend me buying one or shall I look at any other phone (want a SE phone at least)?

Thanks
Merlyn101
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-05-14 11:02
Don't own one so sory I can't help you, however, I am still considering getting one. Would be interested to see all the user opinions now the firmware is stable (ish)!
Loor
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-05-14 11:06
Yeah, many threads are older and many have been very negative to the P990i then. Would be intresting to hear what people think of the phone today.
amanno1
Vivaz Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-05-14 12:20
What's the point of replying if you have'nt got a p990I? Waste of time!!
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-05-14 12:34
I recently bought mine and I am impressed with it, if it is a bit laggy. Mine still has Vodafone sw on it but I know where to get one for less than £200 del new and unbranded.

However, I'm looking forward to the next SW update which is mooted for the end of the month.

The touch screen and web browsing are particulary good, the handwriting recognition is also impressive for writing emails etc with some practice you can use it quickly and proficiently.

Haven't downloaded many apps yet (doing this right now actually) so looking forward to trying whats on offer.

Being able to browse the web via my wireless home broadband is also something that I am looking forward to setting up.

On a scale of 1-10 I'd say I am about 7 atm but hopefully this will improve in the coming weeks.
tonyitalian
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-05-14 12:38
Hi,
ive been using the p990 for almost a year now and absolutely love it!
But make sure you upgrade to the latest firmware available.... it makes a hugeeee difference.....
On the other hand if you can wait for the p1i i would recommend getting tat ...i cant wait to get one myself!
SE Rulez!
Loor
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-05-14 12:42
So many of the problems that you can read about has been fixed and with the latest software, P990 is a good phone? Sounds like I won't make a bad choice choosing the P990. And I can't wait for the P1 unfortunately
majikman
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-05-14 12:47
Got mine at the start of the year and have enjoyed it very much, takes a while to get used to its quirks but well worth learning. A solid feeling phone no flimsy bits or loose fittings, all in all well made, software wise its nearly there too
Good deals to be had now too, I'd say get one, I'll be keeping mine for a good while...

cheers majikman
If it wasn't for the last minute nothing would get done!
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-05-14 12:48
Same here.

I was holding out for the next smartphone but I just got sick of waiting but really, 2.0mp v 3.2mp and the size are the only major differences I can think off right now.

ahmed-sama
W580 Grey
PM
Posted: 2007-05-14 12:52
Got mine like 3 months back.

A bit of problems here and there, but overall, the phone is still amazing.

I liked the fact that it finally has FM radio, and are able to play real format media files.

Bugfixes are kinda something you'll have to wait for tho.

Cheers !
I am a beta product
Osmano
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-05-14 13:07
I am satisfied but......

I think it takes way to long time to open incomming messages or to open the message app. to write a new one. The calendar/contacts function could also be faster. Is this something that will improov when newer FW are released?

Have a nice day
toby23
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-14 14:42
@osmano...
i had this problem too until i set up swiss mgr pro to keep messaging, calendar and contacts open when i close the flip..

as long as you don't use too many other programmes at the same time, you will have a very fast and responsive phone.

at least, i am now very happy because the programmes mentioned above open straight away...

toby23
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-14 14:59
sorry, forgot to stay on topic...
i am very happy with my phone.
i wish it had a 3.2mp camera but the video is better than on my k800i.
still having some weird exec-3 quit errors when messaging..
but the phone is great and running much better with new firmware...
more memory would be great and an auto-focus that worked properly on landscape shots... but a great business phone, w-lan is great and the touchscreen/ typing works great too...
perhaps the best feature for me is the dual language setting, i am english but live in germany, so when i type multilingual sms's the dictionary uses both languages automatically... (this is really really useful for me)
oh... and support for people running mac os x would be cool too (one day)
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2007-05-14 15:15
i think people are pretty satisfied now with R5 firmware...upcoming R6 firmware will be even better, and what comes after even more

so, for the (low) price it is sold right now, i think the p990 can be considered a bargain
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-05-14 15:23
Definitely! Its an amazing phone for the price.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic