Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > How satisfied are you with your SE P990i?

Previous  123 ... 91011  Next
Author How satisfied are you with your SE P990i?
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-25 08:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well, I've dumped my P990i for a P1. So that goes to show how "satisfied" I was with my P990i. Crap!
" They say i'm sick; they`re right, it's called 'Terminal Boredom!' "
Follow me on twitter.com/bograma
Read my Symbian UIQ 3.0 reviews at Juvo's
spine6
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-25 15:55
Actually, I am now satisfied with my p990i with its latest firmware compare to the day that i 1st bought it. It's all i need in my daily life compare to a N95 because touchscreen makes it easier to used. The P1i doesn't amaze me because its just an upgrade of RAM,camera,storage but its really nice if they include a flip to make me beg for it
Adz21
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-26 18:31
i love mine, especially with no flip BUT my camera as f*cked up! there are little black marks on every picture i take and my lens is clean, ill just send it back when i can be arsed and get a shiny new one i love my p990
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-26 21:28
@spine: they are all upgrades. Being better packed, slimmer and smaller it delivers better experience. RAM issue killed the P990i. I think it's the worst phone from the P series, even the P900i was better in terms of usability. M600i was quite an upgrade also.
abubakar
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-10-27 12:56
Apart from the lack of RAM and poor camera in bad lighting, the phone is great. Switching off unused apps solves most RAM problems and switching on a few lights results in great camera shots.
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2007-10-27 13:24
Im pretty happy with my P990i as well.Ohnestly from the word go I've never had much problems with it like the rest of you guys out there.Mine takes great pics,music player is good (how much louder can you have it when you have a 'mega-bass' setting.Your poor ears) The reason why most people say its to soft is because their ears are already stuffed from listening to loud music at ridiculous levels.Also if you transfer your music via the Disk2Phone software to your phone its much louder than if you just drag and drop from PC to phones memory card.(Wish theyd bring out PowerMp3 for UIQ3) Internet browsing using the default browser via Wi-fi is fantastic.Going to get a 8GB memory card as soon as the dosh is available so Memory isnt going to be an issue.About the RAM.Average 17MB after boot is low when you compare it to after boots like the N95 8GB and P1i (76.3MB free with P1i and around 94MB with the N95 8 GB)but if you a sensible user its manageable and not that much of a problem.(For me at least) Technology is moving forward rapidly and if you keep on comparing what you have with whats around you,you going to always be pulling your hair out.Most people take out two year contracts with their providers and in two years you are always going to be left behind.Just be happy with what you have at present and make the most of it.Most people dont even use half the functions of a smart-phone and yes the P990i is a bit behing in specs but its still a pretty powerful handset if you use it to its full potential.I say everyone with a P990i,stop looking around and torturing yourselves with all the other monster gadgets out there presently and just enjoy it.When your contract finally comes due,imaging whats going to be around then.I personally think one will never truly be happy with ones device.You'll always eventually get bored even if its the N95 8GB or TYTN II.Its in our nature.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
b19.dps
K700
PM
Posted: 2007-10-28 19:59
Ive had mine since January and I've thought it excellent, everything about it is brillient. I agree with the issue of RAM. But I did install Tweakpeaks and Swiss Mgr Pro....Issue was near enough gone, acted as a catalyst to the processor and RAM to make it more efficient.
I still think its a amazing phone but I'd like something smaller...P1i!
jensj
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-10-28 21:07
Lovely phone, a little more RAM and its perfect.
makbil
P990
PM
Posted: 2007-11-01 12:43
I'm now on my 3rd P990, SE having given me 2 replacements.

The first one was quite stable and usable starting with R5. Unfortunately it developed a power problem where the battery was drained at about 10% / hour.

The replacement phone I got was a total disaster. After about 2 weeks, filled with restarts, hang ups and missed calls, it was replaced with a new boxed P990.

The current P990 I have seems very stable, not a single problem - I've had it for only 3 days but it is an indication.

The main difference between them is that the 1st and 3rd phones were built around week 34-44 of 2006, whereas the 2nd one was built beginning of 2007 and the hw codes are different.
Naturally, it may just mean that as with fw development, SE just doesn't have a QC process in their production process.
Whatever the reason, some P990s can be very stable and reliable and some are just not usable. This is confirmed by the experiences of other users as well, some of the consistent problems reported are never experienced by other users.
P990i: A mistake, a curse and a disgrace So I lowered my expectations and settled for a P1i. I couldn't keep my expectations so low for a long time so now I have an HTC Touch HD
Maajid
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-11-01 22:42
I'm an avid believer of 'only fools are satisfied'.
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-28 10:03
Just as a reminder: I've just installed the latest Swiss Manager Pro on a P990i and the bar is red all the time, no matter that I have no apps on. Total disaster and happy I dumped mine.
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-28 11:41
Great device.
I use it over a year for heavy work,
I must say it does what it should.
Great form factor. Stability.
RAM could be bigger, that's true.
But it is a problem only when I use Web AND some other apps,
in other cases multitasking is very ok.
BTW for a phone INTRODUCED in 2005 it's a real master.
Osmano
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-02-28 11:46
Hi!

I must agree with you. After all the trouble in the early days (got mine in august 2006) the phone now is very stable and reliable. It's a very good bargain now I must say. I usually change phone every second year but I'm now considering to hold on to the P990 a little bit longer just to wait for a phone that really can make a change.

mode
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2008-02-29 10:18
I don't recall ever having to bring my P990 to the service center except for the time it went for a dip in the pool. I'm on my second P990, same performance as the first. RAM is its biggest problem but I wouldn't trade it's flip and qwerty for anything currently and I doubt I would for some time even after having it for for almost 1 1/2 years. It's still unlike anything else SE or any other manufacturer has in the market, and I can still wow people with its capabilities such as card scanner, web, camera, apps etc. Just can't see myself using anything else in the market right now and I'm still having a hard time seeing myself with an X1. An upgrade for me is an SE smartphone with HSDPA so that means I'm stuck with X1 and X1 alone.
Ericsson EH97, GA628, GF768, A2618s, T29s Sony Ericsson T68i, S700i, P990i, Z558i, W902, W995, X10, Arc S
*Xperia V*White*Black MW600*Sandisk Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC*
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-02-29 11:41
while i have a P1 and am very satisfied with it, and think its better than the P990, my experience with the P990 was not negative...besides limited multitasking, i globaly liked the phone, and never had too much problems
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic