Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > N95 - new firmware version 11.0.026 is now available

Author N95 - new firmware version 11.0.026 is now available
floatlite
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-05-02 13:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Anything that is installed on the memory card is fine and untouched by the update. The applications are not dependant on the firmware version, so they should be fine.

I keep all my map files on the memory card, and I never have to re install them, they remain untouched.

If you already have txt messages on the phone, and want them on the memory card, the first time you change the option to the memory card, it asks if you want to copy all the messages on the phone to the memory card, simply click yes, and it'll copy all the messages over

David
wizgti
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-05-02 13:45
Where are you guys doing this - can I have a link please.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-05-02 13:46
http://europe.nokia.com/softwareupdate

just pick N93 or something as they don't have N95 listed yet
floatlite
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-05-02 13:57

On 2007-05-02 13:45:24, wizgti wrote:
Where are you guys doing this - can I have a link please.

OK, firstly install the Nokia PC Suite, supplied with your N95 (or downoad it from www.nokia.co.uk), and the set up your N95 so that it is detected, and working with the PC Suite.

Now go to http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/software.htm, and download the file, Nemesis Service Suite Beta 1.0.38.10, it's at the bottom of the page in the box.

Install this .exe file on a windows XP machine (vista is not 100% supported)

Let the nss program install.

Now open the nss software, and plug in your N95. Click on the little magnifying glass icon in the top right hand corner and the software will read the phone.

Click on the tab that says Phone info.

You'll see an option that is product code.

In this box type the product code you want to change the phone too, and then check the small tick box beside it.

Then press flash.

This will then change the code on the phone.

After that, simply disconnect the phone.

Now you need to download the Nokia Update Service software from www.nokia.co.uk (http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4226014). Download and install this software.

Now plug in your N95, and follow the instructions, and it'll falsh your phone to whatever version of the software you decide on.

If you have a branded N95, the best option to use for generic non branded software is Euro1, the product code being 0536062

David
bbasra
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-05-02 14:37

On 2007-05-02 13:44:18, floatlite wrote:
Anything that is installed on the memory card is fine and untouched by the update. The applications are not dependant on the firmware version, so they should be fine.

I keep all my map files on the memory card, and I never have to re install them, they remain untouched.

If you already have txt messages on the phone, and want them on the memory card, the first time you change the option to the memory card, it asks if you want to copy all the messages on the phone to the memory card, simply click yes, and it'll copy all the messages over

David

I have a bit of an issue in that case. When i first bought the phone, i played around with this setting and pressed No as there were no messages since i just got the phone. I then changed the option back to phone.

When i now change this setting to memory card, it does not prompt me to copy all the messages over anymore.

Any ideas?
wizgti
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-05-02 15:03
Thanks guys, just looked on there and N95 is listed now where as an hour ago it wasn't.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-05-02 15:12
so it is. it definitly wasn't there when I made my previous post as I checked to be sure before suggesting to use N93

anyway.. good luck with the upgrade
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-05-02 18:05
thanks to Batesie. I want to mention to all people that EURO 1 Firmware supports Arabic characters (reading not writing), although a writing app could solve that.

I do NOT recommend installing Arabic firmware. Sadly there are too many bugs and it restarts alot.

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2007-05-02 17:05 ]
wizgti
K750
PM
Posted: 2007-05-02 22:07

On 2007-05-02 15:12:04, masseur wrote:
so it is. it definitly wasn't there when I made my previous post as I checked to be sure before suggesting to use N93

anyway.. good luck with the upgrade

Rubbish! No upgrade apparently available for me as I have 10.0.018 and a generic uk phone.
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-05-03 11:31
Just upgraded mine. I have an non-branded generic asian version. So there is no need to change of product code.

Qns: The size downloaded is 113MB. I check with NsysInfo and the reported phone ROM size is only 18MB. Where is the other 100Mb or so fit?

Issue: The phone memory backup to card is useless. When I restored the backup, all the installed progs (except a few) do not work. Restoring also cause bootup time to be extremely long. So did a phone reset and reinstall all the progs. Luckily I have synced my PIMS to outlook.

Enhancement: UI faster, Camera better (as reported by everyone else)

bbasra
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-05-03 11:31

On 2007-05-02 14:37:55, bbasra wrote:

On 2007-05-02 13:44:18, floatlite wrote:

David

I have a bit of an issue in that case. When i first bought the phone, i played around with this setting and pressed No as there were no messages since i just got the phone. I then changed the option back to phone.

When i now change this setting to memory card, it does not prompt me to copy all the messages over anymore.

Any ideas?

I have an interesting issue here.

In your message options, you can specify to have your SMS/MMS's saved onto memory card instead of the phone's memory by going into

Options->Settings->Other->Memory in use

The first time you select to have it use the memory card, the phone asks if you want to copy all current messages in the phone to the memory card.

My problem is, I can't get the phone to ask for that again. I have tried to reset the phone to factory setting and no luck.
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-03 13:22
i have just noticed something since setting my messages to save to Memory Card.

When i connect the USB cable and select 'mass storage' it tells me i cannot use it as a mass storage as the memory card is already in use! even though the messaging app is closed. so i have had to change the 'message save to phone' instead then reconnect it as a mass storage device...

a tad annoying... or is that just me. [addsig]
bbasra
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-05-03 14:24
Hi,

If i use the PC Suite software just to backup my Voda N95 Messages, then flash it with the upgraded firmware and lastly perform a restore, will this kill the phone?

I'm hoping, i can then get the option to move all the messages to the Memory Card.

Thanks.
scouser_75
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-05-03 14:30
I don't have access to a PC - so can't carry out this upgrade myself.

When UK Nokia Service Centres decide to carry out the upgrade, will they at the same time be able to debrand my t-mobile handset? Or is this against their policy?
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2007-05-03 14:32
they won't debrand for you. you should try to find a mate with a pc so you can at least change the product code but if you are already using a pc you may as well also do the update
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic