I like those Porsches!
Ps still no branding?
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 15:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
No, not on the cars , but certainly is on the team clothing

Edit: BTW, I'm glad you popped in, I was beginning to get a little lonely here... I'm glad you like the photos; I took 55 shots that day - these are just a few of the best ones to summarise what went on. I'm proud of the fact I got Jamie Whincup to pose for a pic and even managed to sneak into the Pit garage at the end of the day for some close up shots of the cars. And to top it off, the team is doing very well in the championship too!

Go Team Vodafone!

If a man speaks in the woods and there's no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-06-11 14:12 ]
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 15:55
Jamie must be the chick with the nice legs!

The sports very popular there, I used to watch a bit when the Holden team was winning race after race.

Are you part of the sport or a proud fan?

Whats that blue Ford GT? Looks powerful.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-13 04:55
Actually the chick in black had asked some friends to take a pic of her with her camera, I couldn't resist taking one of my own... you know, for the thread here of course.

The Holdens are still winning most of the races... Toll HSV are leading the championship and Holden Racing Team are in there too. That shows how successful Team Vodafone are as the leading Ford team competing at the front of the field with the best of the Holdens.

Ford Performance Vehicles GT is rated at 290kw. I'd say that blue on has more than that...

I'm just an avid fan, but I visit Pukekohe Park Raceway often to watch club meetings, endurance events and national championship races.

BAD NEWS

Statement from Triple Eight Race Engineering
Tuesday, June 12 2007

As a result of a post race Stewards enquiry Triple Eight Race Engineering has accepted the Stewards findings of a breach of technical specifications concerning the rear brake discs of car # 88 in the final V8 Supercar race at Eastern Creek Raceway today.

Triple Eight accepts responsibility for the disqualification of Jamie Whincup's result from Race 3, a consequence of mistakenly using 2006 specification discs.

The error occurred due to the Team including a number of 2006 specification discs sets in the truck spares for Eastern Creek which were to be used on the spare car for the Team's ride days planned for Tuesday and Wednesday this week. It is normal practice to use up redundant stocks of parts on the ride car in this way. Alcon, the suppliers of the control discs for the Category in 2007, were happy to confirm to the Stewards that there was no performance advantage to be gained from using the older, heavier, 2006 specification discs.

A simple mistake was made and, whilst there was no performance gain or advantage in running the old spec discs, Triple Eight Race Engineering acknowledge there was a breach of the technical rules and accepts the penalty imposed.

Whincup's revised meeting points put him in back to fifth place and his new Championship total sees him tied on 205 points with Holden driver Todd Kelly.

Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-13 05:21
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-22 02:20
Round 6 this weekend - I can't wait. Looking forward to a good result for birthday boy Craig Lowndes who won this round last year.

For Vodafone Australia subscribers, Mobisodes showing an inside look at the team are available for download now. For the rest of us, a short preview is posted on the site.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-01 13:18
Triumphant return to the podium for Lowndes
Sunday, June 24 2007

TeamVodafone's Craig Lowndes has recorded his first round victory of the season after dominating today's two V8 Supercar races at Round 6 of the V8 Supercar Championship Series at Darwin's Hidden Valley Raceway.

Lowndes won both 42-Lap races convincingly ahead of Holden driver Rick Kelly and was aided by two perfect pitstops from his TeamVodafone pit crew.

After finishing third in yesterday's opening race, Lowndes got a sensational start in today's first race and was comfortably placed second before his compulsory pitstop. A sensational stop saw the multiple Champion come out of the pits ahead of Rick Kelly and he was dominant right to the very finish. more...

carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-07-22 16:24

Dual podiums for TeamVodafone at Queensland Raceway
Sunday, July 22 2007

TeamVodafone drivers Jamie Whincup and Craig Lowndes have shared the podium for the first time this year, finishing second and third overall at Round 7 of the V8 Supercar Championship Series at Queensland Raceway today.

Both drivers finished in the top three of both 38-lap races today with alternating second and third placing’s in the two races.

Today’s results elevate both drivers in the championship standings, with Whincup moving to third and Lowndes leapfrogging to fourth position.

“All-in-all I think everyone at TeamVodafone should be proud of their efforts this weekend,” said Whincup...more

More good results! It's only a couple of months til Bathurst and Lowndes/Whincup are the defending Champions... these guys look on target to defend thier title!

carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-08-20 12:06

Lowndes salvages a podium finish amidst the Oran Park chaos
Sunday, August 19 2007

TeamVodafone’s Craig Lowndes has finished third overall at Round 8 of the V8 Supercar Championship Series at Oran Park today while teammate Jamie Whincup ended the weekend fifth for the round.

In an ironic twist of fate Craig Lowndes and Jamie Whincup traded ends of the field in only a handful of laps during today’s final V8 Supercar race.

While Craig started the final race from pole position after winning the opening 46-lap race today, he was last after the first lap, having to pit for wet tyres following a deluge of rain whilst sitting on the start line.

Jamie, however who started in last position after a DNF in Race 2, the result of an interaction with Jason Richards, was able to change his tyres before the start of the race and commence racing from pit lane.

A cross threaded wheel nut also added to Lowndes’ dilemma which saw him re-enter the race alongside race leader Lee Holdsworth and ultimately resulted in him going a lap down. Finishing 14th gave Lowndes the two points he required to claim third position overall for the weekend.

“With the constantly changing weather it was always going to be a lottery on tyre selection,” said Lowndes.

“Unfortunately we made the wrong call on the grid, changing to dry tyres after observing a drying line through the warm-up lap.”

“It was certainly disheartening sitting on pole position with the windscreen wipers on fast and slick tyres.”

“All-in-all I was delighted to be on the podium considering the ups and downs of the weekend’s events,” Lowndes acknowledged.

Jamie Whincup who finished fourth with a very battered car was disappointed with the result given that he felt he drove above his own expectations due to suffering influenza the entire weekend.

“Overall it is a miserable result,” said Whincup. “I had a very good car this weekend but circumstances outside my control stopped me improving my championship position.”

“In the last race, I had that much damage that I couldn’t see over the top of the bonnet which ruined any front down force. Then to top it off I had no radio contact with the team.”

“I still remain in third position in the championship and given that the cars are proving to be very strong I am expecting a consistent and competitive endurance season and can’t wait to go seriously racing.” He added.

TeamVodafone now heads home to Brisbane to begin preparing for a test day on Friday August 31 where all four drivers including Allan Simonsen and Richard Lyons will bed in their race cars for Sandown.

source

I'm looking forward to these endurance races coming up, the Sandown 500 and especially the Bathurst 1000! The Team Vodafone cars have proved very reliable, well balanced and easy on their tyres which along with the obvious talent of the drivers bodes well for the enduro's.

carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-09-16 12:35
Now it's official. After a slow start to the season Team Vodafone has arrived to torment the established Holden teams and assume the mantle of undisputed leader of the Ford brigade. As defending Bathurst champions and comfortable winners of the latest race at Sandown, Team Vodafone must be favourites to retain their Title.

Go Team Vodafone!!

TeamVodafone win’s enduro opener

Sunday, September 16 2007

Leading Ford outfit TeamVodafone has drawn first blood of the endurance season with Jamie Whincup and Craig Lowndes teaming up in Car # 888 to win the Just Car Insurance Sandown 500 today.

The team opted for a flexible strategy which saw Lowndes start the 161 lap race after Whincup took to the helm for qualifying yesterday.

The three-time touring car Champion got a great start and by the end of his first 55 lap stint had the car into the lead

Teammate Jamie Whincup took over on Lap 56 and after everyone had completed their first change took control of the race on Lap 62. Proving to be one of the most consistent drivers in the championship Whincup didn’t put a foot wrong as he steadily pulled a gap on his rivals, which was out to 14 seconds at the time of his stop on Lap 111.

With Lowndes back in the car and a safety car to retrieve one of the Tasman Motorsport Commodores, the gap to second placed Rick Kelly was drastically diminished.

Despite a few nervous moments with lapped cars and threatening weather Lowndes was never in doubt as he stormed to the finish. More...
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-07 09:27
Lowndes and Whincup win Bathurst again!!!

With this fantastic win in the 1000km race Jamie Whincup has taken the Championship lead and Craig Lowndes moves into second after the favoured Toll HSV and HRT race cars retired. It should be noted that both teams were running well behind Team Vodafone before the retirements.

The second Team Vodafone car of Alan Simonsen and Richard Lyons came in fifth.

TeamVodafone conquer the Mountain for the second year in succession
Sunday, October 7 2007

Craig Lowndes and Jamie Whincup have completed a scintillating performance at today’s Super Cheap Auto 1000 with TeamVodafone taking victory and the 2007 V8 Supercar Series lead in nail bitting conditions at Mount Panorama this afternoon.

It is the second time Lowndes and Whincup have claimed the Peter Brock Memorial Trophy and the formidable driving combination are the first pairing in more than 10 years to claim the endurance race double after winning the Just Car Insurance 500 at Sandown three weeks ago. More...

New Zealand - Hosts of the 2011 Rugby World Cup

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-10-08 23:58 ]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-16 09:47
Downloadable pictures of Rounds 1-10 available on the website!!!

TeamVodafone take to Indy street circuit with proven results in new car
Tuesday, October 16 2007

TeamVodafone hit the Lexmark Indy 300 street circuit this week, fresh from a sensational Bathurst victory in their brand new chassis.

The debut of chassis #12, built in-house at Triple Eight Race Engineering’s state-of-the-art Brisbane facility, proved exceptionally successful and answered the critics’ questions as to whether the ‘Great Race’ was the best place to introduce a new car.

Not only did it perform flawlessly at one of the world’s toughest endurance tests, it also set a number of new benchmarks in terms of lap times and speed.

On lap 128, Jamie Whincup put together the fastest ever V8 Supercar race lap at Bathurst, slotting TeamVodafone into the record books with a time of 2.08.4651.

The duo of Whincup and teammate Craig Lowndes also go down as completing the highest number of laps in the 2.08 minute bracket, with no less than 14 of their flying race laps hitting this mark.

And, to cap this, TeamVodafone’s #888 Ford Falcon also takes the honour for fastest average speed over 25 laps, with an incredible 174km/h.

The numbers are adding up for the leading Ford outfit, who have now assumed the lead of the V8 Supercar Championship Series.

Whincup sits in first, on 461 points, with Lowndes close behind on 445.

Triple Eight Race Engineering’s success story continues this week, with sister company T8UK taking out the British Touring Car Championship for the fifth time.

This weekend’s Lexmark Indy 300 event will see drivers contest three 27-lap sprint races, around the infamous concrete-lined streets of Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast.

Whincup will take the reigns of the Bathurst-winning TeamVodafone Falcon, which will now run his regular #88 for the duration of the season.

He said he was looking forward to building on the positive momentum that Bathurst had provided the team and would love to take another victory at home.

“There are four major races in V8 Supercars and I’ve had success in three, Indy is the fourth and the one I want to win,” said Whincup.

“I’m very excited about continuing on with the new car, it has had a good strike rate so far!”

“The key to a good weekend and staying in the championship lead will be a good qualifying performance, solid pit strategy and minimising errors.”

Lowndes, who piloted the lead Falcon in the treacherous closing stages of the Mount Panorama showdown, was also looking forward to a return to Indy, an event which he won convincingly in 2005.

“Indy is always an awesome weekend, but the racing is tough and so are the conditions,” said Lowndes.

“We’ve learned from last year and would like to turn the Indy result around to make it a positive, I believe we can do this because of the great momentum we have gained from Bathurst.”

V8 Supercar on-track action gets underway early on Friday morning, with the opening practice session starting at 8.55am. Qualifying will take place later in the afternoon, with race 1 on Saturday, and races 2 and 3 on Sunday.

TeamVodafone fans can catch up with Jamie Whincup and Craig Lowndes this Thursday evening as they sign autographs from 5.30-6.30pm at the Vodafone store at Pacific Fair, Broadbeach.
Source...

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-10-16 09:00 ]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-22 00:46
An exciting weekend of motorsport just gone...

TeamVF cars qualified 4 and 7 but showed excellent pace to finish the first race 2nd and 3rd. Sunday's first race saw Jamie Whincup repeat his 2nd place but Craig Lowndes ended up dropping to 24th after being black flagged for sustaining minor bumper damage.

The third race was a nail-biter with Toll HSV's Garth Tander recieving a drive-thru penalty for colliding with another car in the pitlane, gifting the race lead to Whincup who then locked a brake and left the circuit, rejoining in 19th! Whincup charged thru the field reaching 7th position (giving him enough points for the round win) but was involved in an incident while challenging for sixth place and retired with one lap to go! From the TeamVodafone site:

So close but yet so far
Sunday, October 21 2007

TeamVodafone’s on track highs and lows provided thrilling entertainment for the near capacity crowd at the Lexmark Indy 300 today with both drivers featuring prominently at both ends of the field.

Jamie Whincup provided the biggest spectacle of all, yo-yoing from a second place in Race 2 and leading Race 3 for half of the race to a disappointing DNF after he had charged through the field from a brake lockup that positioned him 19th through to 7th.

While attempting another ambitious passing manoeuvre Whincup got tangled up with two cars exiting Turn 4 which ended his race with only one lap to go.

Whilst fourth place for the round was not the result the team wanted, it certainly provided the crowd and TeamVodafone supporters with confidence that the car and the driver are not lacking speed for the remainder of the championship. more...
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-05 09:37
Another tough weekend, this time in Bahrain. Air temperature was 27 degrees Celcius, cabin temp was 41 celcius!

The TeamVodafone cars ran well in practice while the top Holdens struggled. In official qualifying the next day however, track conditions favoured Ford Performance Racing and Toll HSV, leaving both Lowndes and Whincup outside the top ten.

By Saturday's race, TeamVodafone had discovered some more car speed but this all came to nought as both cars were taken out in an incident on lap 1. Lowndes car was badly damaged, but Whincup forged on until it was later decided to retire the car to save the tyres for the next day's two races.

On Sunday Lowndes started race 2 in 30th position and charged through the field to finish 5th. In race 3 he started 5th and was clearly the fastest overtaking his rivals to claim victory, and 2nd position in the championship.
Whincup had a day to forget with a drive-thru penalty in each race, finishing the day in 16th with no points for the round.

Toll HSV and Holden Racing Team did not have it all thier way either with all 4 drivers colliding with each other at various times during race 2 and 3. At times the racing appeared almost farcical, remembering that valuable championship points were up for grabs some drivers were taking BIG risks! Oh well, it made for exciting racing!

Day 1 Report
Day 2 Report

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-11-05 09:06 ]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-19 01:42
A fascinating weekend of motorsport just gone!

Jamie Whincup bounced back from Bahrain (no points scored) to win the Tasmainian round with 2 wins and a 2nd, regaining the Championship lead heading into the final round.

Garth Tander, clearly the fastest all weekend after breaking the lap record in qualifying, won the first race but was beaten by Whincup in the drag race for the first corner in race two and this was to prove crucial.

After completing the compulsory pit stops Tander had dropped to 4th. While dicing with Team Vodafone's Craig Lowndes, Tander locked a brake and spun off the track, rejoining in 18th but recovering to 10th by the end of the race.

In race 3, Tander quickly charged up to 3rd but collided with 2nd placed Steven Richards and suffered a steering failure seconds later as he attempted to negotiate the kink in the back straight at speed. Incredibly, he managed to avoid other cars as he crossed back over the track completely out of control!

Lowndes placed fifth overall to continue in 3rd position in the Championship.

One more race meeting/3 more races to go!!!!!

Can the sponsored Team Vodafone team win it? Tune in 30th November...

http://www2.teamvodafone.com/
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi