1st Garth Tander - Toll HSV
2nd Jamie Whincup - TeamVodafone
3rd Craig Lowndes - TeamVodafone

4th Rick Kelly - Toll HSV

2007 Season Completed.
Watch for 2008 thread to appear around Feb next year
Feel free to comment in this thread 'till then

CHECK OUT DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT on http://www.teamvodafone.com/index.php

1st and 5th at the SuperCheap Auto Bathurst 1000!

TeamVodafone Hits the Track in 07

Commencing from January 2007, the Triple Eight Race Engineering prepared V8 Supercar Team will be known as TeamVodafone, under a three-year naming rights partnership deal with Vodafone Australia announced today.

John Casey, CMO Vodafone Australia recognises Triple Eight Race Engineering as the organisation that prides itself on being competitive, innovative and at the forefront of technology excellence -- making it a great fit for Vodafone.

"Motor sport fans are driven by passion and Vodafone will take them closer to the action by bringing our partnership to life in new and exciting formats," said John.

Intimate and exclusive insights into TeamVodafone will be available next year [this year] for fans to download on Vodafone live! with 3G, including interviews from the drivers, garage cam and race previews.

"V8 Supercar racing is an iconic Australian sport and Vodafone is committed to giving our customers and staff across the country the opportunity to get up close and personal with TeamVodafone," he said.

Throughout the racing season, Vodafone customers and staff will get the chance to be in the driver's seat with TeamVodafone through hot laps, driver experience days, garage/ pit tours, wheel changing competitions and autograph sessions with the Team's popular drivers Craig Lowndes and Jamie Whincup.

"Vodafone is entering into an exciting era in motor sport and is taking on a new global relationship with the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes Formula 1 team also commencing in the new year," said John.

Triple Eight Race Engineering Team Principal, Roland Dane, said the signing of Vodafone was a major coup for the Team and for the Australian motorsport as a whole.

"We are very proud to be associated with one of the world's most prominent brands and are extremely excited to join with them on the V8 Championship circuit in 2007. We are also pleased to announce that Sony Ericsson will join TeamVodafone in 2007 as the Team's Official Handset Partner. The pairing of Vodafone and Sony Ericsson will offer the team and its supporters access to content and technology never associated with this team.

"Vodafone's three year commitment to Triple Eight Race Engineering indicates that they are serious about establishing a sustaining presence in V8 Supercars, and we hope to reward this by continuing to run at the front of the field.

"TeamVodafone with drivers Craig Lowndes and Jamie Whincup will be the cars to watch in 2007, with an exciting new look that will be unveiled early in the new year," said Roland.

Three times V8 Supercar Champion and this year's joint Bathurst winner, Craig Lowndes is excited about the new look team.

"To know you have the backing and support of global brands like Vodafone and Sony Ericsson is a huge compliment and we are really looking forward to delivering a Championship result in 2007," said Lowndes.

"And the opportunities associated with 3G mobiles will allow both Jamie and myself the opportunity to broadcast race previews and post race reports via Vodafone live! with 3G.

"It's a completely new era for Australian V8 Supercars and I can't wait to get it all started."

-credit: Triple Eight Race Engineering

source

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-03-26 07:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-04-22 12:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-05-05 07:23 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-05-21 02:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-06-11 12:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-06-13 03:58 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-07-01 12:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-07-22 15:35 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-07-28 03:08 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-08-20 10:54 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-09-16 11:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-10-07 08:30 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-10-08 23:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-10-13 10:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-10-21 23:27 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-10-21 23:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-11-05 08:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-11-19 00:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-11-19 00:47 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-11-26 23:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-12-01 21:45 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-12-01 21:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-12-02 23:55 ]

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-12-21 05:59 ]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-02 23:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Website with pictures

Video of the car at launch.

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-03-14 01:12 ]
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2007-02-05 08:27
Looks good, wheres the branding?
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-02-05 10:43
888 are the guys who do the british touring cars for Vauxhall. As far as I am aware they are a british company (not 100% sure though).
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-07 05:11
@JK / 786KBR
Yeah, I was wondering that myself. It should be there before the first meeting at Adelaide though.

@jcwhite_uk
You're right, and they have a Australian Division which races V8 Supercars in OZ, NZ, China and soon the Middle East. They even race in Tasmania.
Prodrive are another UK team with interests spread far and wide:
Le-Mans, F1, WRC, V8 Supercars...

New Zealand - Hosts of the 2011 Rugby World Cup

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-09-23 09:45 ]
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2007-02-07 08:43
The 888 Group is headquartered in Gibraltar and owns Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Limited, the company that operates 888.com. Cassava Enterprises operates under a license granted by the Government of Gibraltar

tut tut tut

tax dodging b*stards.

fatreg
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-02-09 01:35
The first race of the season will be the Clipsal 500, a street race in Adelaide, Australia; 1-4 March.

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-02-09 00:38 ]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-05 00:22
A 3rd for Jamie Whincup and a 13th for Craig Lowndes in the Team Vodafone Falcons at Adelaide last weekend. It shows the cars are competitive right from the start! Should be an exciting season.

SE and Vodafone have launched a competition for fans visiting certain races in NZ and Australia who purchase an SE phone at the Voda stand trackside.

Be sure to check out http://www.teamvodafone.com - its a great website.

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-03-14 01:19 ]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-26 07:38
A 6th overall for Craig Lowndes and a 13th for Jamie Whincup respectively for the two Team Vodafone Drivers at the Big Pond 400 last weekend at Barbagello. more...

Damaged car parts and memorabilia
Please email merchandise@tripleeight.com.au if you are interested in buying damaged car parts. We will advise you on what we have and the price at the time... info

TeamVodafone joins forces with Lifeline
TeamVodafone has formed an official relationship with leading Australian charity Lifeline and will lend their support to a series of fundraising... info

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-03-26 07:16 ]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-03-28 11:37
Just noticed that the next V8 Supercars round is at Pukekohe here in NZ, April 20-22nd. I'll try to get along and take some photos to post here.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-04-22 13:32
Spent the day at Pukekohe with my eldest son who turned 12 yesterday.
Check out the photos below!

Results:
Jamie Whincup - 4th, 2nd, 5th
Craig Lowndes - 14th, 7th, 4th
A good race meeting for Team Vodafone; Jamie Whincup coming 3rd for the round overall and with Craig Lowndes running in the top 10 all weekend, Team Vodafone were easily the best of the Ford teams.

Jamie Whincup

Craig Lowndes

For Jojo: Grid Girls

Also on show:
Ford FPV GT

Ford FPV Ute

Porsche GT3's

3000hp Dragster. Performed an awesome burnout down the front straight...

*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-04-22 22:17
@car - I never knew that this THREAD exists as I am a bit BUSY with the 2007 F1 Race Thread Yeah . . . to be honest I like browsing at those sexy and pretty girls than with the cars (I like the babe in black !) . . . WOW, those Porsches looks nice ! There are times that by chance I manage to watch races very similar to this one . . . held most of the time in - Australia though ! [addsig]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-16 00:23
TeamVodafone ready to bridge the gap at Winton
Tuesday, May 15 2007

With hundreds of man hours dedicated to the preparation and setup of their racecars, TeamVodafone drivers Jamie Whincup and Craig Lowndes are eager to repay their crew for their exhaustive efforts with a podium result as the V8 Supercar Championship Series heads to Winton this weekend.

While Whincup's pace was encouraging at Pukekohe, it was clear that there was potential improvement to be found for both Falcons, and at last week's test session it was evident that the leading Ford team had raised the bar.

Both drivers made smooth progress through the session, and with a good base setup they were able to target specific areas in order to improve handling and extract pace.

The TeamVodafone pairing is the only driver combination to have made the final stage of the new elimination-style qualifying at each 2007 round, and is sure to maintain this consistency at Winton.

Winton is a deceptively difficult track to put together a quick, complete lap on, but the Team is confident of finding the form it did at the Victorian circuit last year, where it took the overall round win thanks to a brilliant performance by Craig Lowndes.

While the opening three rounds were certainly an unexpected test for 2005 and 2006 Championship Runner-Up Lowndes, he is confident that the gap to the frontrunners has been bridged significantly.

"Heading into the weekend it looks as though rain may pay a major part in the racing, and to be honest I won't really mind, I'm pretty confident on a wet track," said Lowndes.

"This is one of the most important rounds in terms of qualifying at the front, given that there are so few places to pass."

"The Team has a good handle on what's required to do well here, and I'm looking forward to getting underway after we won here last year."

"Last week's test proved very successful, and while the tyres we ran on weren't that great we still made some really good progress in terms of setup."

Lowndes is in 7th place, with 79 points to his name heading into round 4.

Never one to shy away from a challenge, Jamie Whincup has stepped forward and taken up the Ford charge at the front of the field, comfortably placed in 4th after three rounds of competition.

Whincup gave his team a glowing review following weeks of hard work at their Brisbane base and the subsequent test session, and said he was very happy with the way his car was performing.

"We had a very good and productive test last Friday where we tested a number of new components ahead of the race weekend at Winton, which will be a significant round in terms of the championship," said Whincup. "The Team are just phenomenal - they are working really hard to make up the deficit and trying a whole range of new things," he said. "To see them putting in the hard yards gives me great confidence and inspires me to work even harder on my own preparation." "Both Craig and I were quick at Winton last year and I am confident we will have quick cars again this year, my focus is to keep the momentum that I've built up from the start of the season going."

The drivers will contest 3 x 32 lap races of the 3-kilometre circuit this weekend, with the opening race to be held on Saturday, and the following races to feature on Sunday morning and Sunday afternoon.

The racetrack, which is located around 10 minutes from the township of Benalla, is set to be a hive of activity as the event approaches, with a number of quality support classes, including the Fujitsu V8 Supercar Series on show.

source

If a man speaks in the woods and there's no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?

[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2007-05-15 23:26 ]
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-05-21 03:30

Whincup wins for TeamVodafone at Winton
Sunday, May 20 2007

Jamie Whincup has continued the Triple Eight flourish at Winton Motor Raceway, taking his and TeamVodafone's first round victory for the year after finishing second in both 40-lap races today.

Whincup took the round win by just one point from Garth Tander and Rick Kelly. Teammate Craig Lowndes finished fifth overall after resurrecting his weekend with two top ten race results... more

carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-06-11 14:07
Another good round for Team Vodafone cementing their 2nd position in the Team Championship and Jamie Whincup getting a third podium result in a row with a 3rd at a very wet Eastern Creek Raceway over the weekend. Craig Lowndes came fifth for the round. Individual race results were:
Whincup - 2nd, 3rd, 4th; Lowndes - 9th, 4th, 2nd.

more...

Official images from rounds 3 and 4 are on the site now.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi