Author Owning a pet
maggflodd
T630
PM
Posted: 2007-06-29 12:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2007-06-29 12:01:52, goldenface wrote:
Bagpuss!

What is with cats and bags? I came home with a cardboard shopping bag and my two moggies got hours of fun out of it.

They completely ignored the 2ft tall cat house I bought for £20 for them with the mouse on an elastic inside.

sooo know what you mean!
sometimes I think they do it on purposes - like, "don't you get it, dude... Wrong colour!" [addsig]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-06-29 12:19
I know!

Just give them a rolled-up ball of tin-foil and a go on the catnip and they're bouncing off the walls; nothing else in the world matters to them.

If only our lives were that simple. *sigh!*

Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-06-30 01:44
My mates cat Jaffa like it's owner and my mate snores which I find amusing lmao..

btw when im always cooking in the kitchen he's always there after my chicken I pressume, he always sits on the fridge watching

btw he never really goes out he's a proper house cat, and a naughty little sh*t at times, he bloomin clawed my feet the other night when I was asleep in bed
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-06-30 01:48
One of the advantages of owning a PUSSYcat indoors is that you are rest assured that there's NO rat/mice loitering around . . . [addsig]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2007-12-08 23:10
Hasn't he grown.

Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-27 04:09
Just like him:

Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
CookiCrumble
W660 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-27 10:06
Those are some gorgeous felines.I'm looking to adopt a kitten myself but need suggestions on where to start and what kind of cat to go for?can any of you give me any advice?

Topscooby
T700 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-27 10:10
Up until September we used to have three cats but, unfortunately, our ginger tom called 'Scorch' died He was sixteen years old and having trouble with his kidneys...which eventually took its toll. I got Scorch as a six week old kitten and gave him to my wife for her 21st birthday present. She adored him right from the moment she first saw him. He was a fantastic cat and we both miss him very much. Its kind of weird but i've been at work and found myself not concentrating on what i'm supposed to be doing but thinking of all the fun times we had with Scorch instead

Can i just advise anyone who is thinking of getting a cat, or even if you've already got one, to invest in a good health insurance plan for them. In the last three months of Scorch's life he cost us well over £1500 in vets fee's. Even though we did'nt mind paying this for him it still put a stretch on our finances at a time when we could have done without it ( just completing the purchase of our new house!). However, looking back, we would have paid anything to be able to save Scorch.

Here's a photo of Scorch on my wifes lap :

As i mentioned at the beginning we had three cats. After loosing Scorch we are left with Smokey, our tabby tom who is 15, and our youngest cat Little Benham who is 6. We got Smokey as a kitten a year after Scorch to keep him company whilst we were both at work. They had totally different characters but were always around one another. Our household changed when we got Little Benham. He is a pedigree Burmese Blue. Both his mother and father are UK champions and his grandfather was a UK Grand Champion. All their pedigree names are as long as your arm but we just refer to him as Ben! He is a much more active cat (being younger) but also his breed means he is much more intelligent and he can often be kept amused with a game of 'fetch' with one of his many toys.

Here is a photo of Smokey :

And here is a photo of Little Benham :

And heres one of all three of them :

So i would say if you are going to be at work and the cat will be on his own for long periods of time (over 6 hours) then get two so that they can keep each other company.

After speaking to our vet it would appear that if you keep them in and don't let them out then its not a problem so long as they've not been used to going outside. If you get them as kittens and keep them indoors then they don't know any different and it does'nt worry them. both our cats go out into our garden but we have to stop Ben from going 'A.W.O.L.' as he is a target for thieves because of his pedigree/value. I must admit that he tends to only go outside if it is sunny and then he only lays in the sun for a while and then he comes back inside

Please let us know what you decide to do and make sure you post up some photos if you go ahead and get a cat (or two!). I am sure that i am not alone when it comes to looking at photos of other peoples moggies lol

CookiCrumble
W660 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-27 10:26
Sorry about Scorch,may he rest in peace,he was a very beautiful cat.

abbafan1972
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2007-12-27 13:51
Aww this thread is lovely.

Here are my 2 cats...

Cindy

Sophie

Used to have 2 cats when I lived with my parents, chloe and Tammy but they are both in heaven now, RIP.

SE4NICK
W580 Grey
PM
Posted: 2007-12-28 08:57
Dogs anyone....? I have 2
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-28 20:44
Here is my other one.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
procterdc
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-29 14:05
Ok I've changed the thread ever so slightly. Its now "owning a pet" I started the thread but ended up getting a hamster, can't leave her out lol.

I'll post some pics later of her.
It ain't about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward - Rocky Balboa
scottt
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2007-12-29 18:00
My cat Thia

MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-29 18:49
Some lovely looking cats in this tread, especialy yours Scottt, we have 3 and are thinking about getting a dog soon too.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic