Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K800i (inactive sim)

Previous  12
Author K800i (inactive sim)
exaflare23
Nokia Lumia 510
PM
Posted: 2009-12-05 14:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@aftamath

try to go to a sony ericsson service center & unlocked it again your phone k800i so that it can use other network sim just like before.
"You don't need a reason to help people"
-Nokia N82 5.0MP Carl Zeiss Optics
-My|Phone A878 Duo
My C901 Shots flickr
dmist24
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 07:14
i experienced this too with my old w800i... but it rarely happens.. 2 weeks ago i bought a new SE c510 phone and it bugged me again up to the point i cannot longer use the phone coz it keeps giving me that error, I tried to clean the simcard myself but it wont work. With that, I bought back the phone to the SE store and they cleaned my aging sim card (9 years), and it went good again, but they advised me to upgrade my aging old sim card as they told me that most new phones also needs new versions of sim card..

So what I did was go to my cellphone provider (Smart - Philippines) and asked for a replacement of the simcard but still with the same phone number (I had to pay a fee of course P100 - thats around 2 US dollars for the new simcard), nevertheless it solved my problem, so far I never encounter the "invalid sim" error again since I upgraded to a new simcard.
biddy79uk
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-12-19 21:24
I have the same problem as you guys,
I bought a S.E K850i from someone off the street a year ago and yesterday it gave me the "inactive USIM" instead of the "3" it normally shows,
Has anyone ever found a solution to FIX this problem yet as this threads 2 year or more old now

Thanks in advance guys
[ This Message was edited by: biddy79uk on 2009-12-19 20:26 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi