Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K800i (inactive sim)

12  Next
Author K800i (inactive sim)
Mulder7
W810 white
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-23 22:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I bought an Orange k800 around 3 weeks ago and now all of a sudden 30 mins ago my phones keeps saying inactive sim where its supposed to say 'Orange'. Orange were great to me the other day on the phone so I dont want to slate them too much. Anybody know how I can fix this problem?
This whole phenomena is a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in a government agenda.
(+9, -0)
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-11-23 22:44
@mulder - I was experiencing this too with my T68i back then . . . the things that I've done was:

1. Turn the fone OFF and the ON again . . . several times.

2. Remove the SIMcard and make a LIGHT-scratch on the gold-platings against my jeans . . . just rub/scratch it gently.

It just worked afterwards . . .

If it's the FONE . . . I guess your unit is still covered by warranty mate

Good Luck !
[addsig]
Mulder7
W810 white
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-23 23:00
Yeh it happened for the first time yesterday and i turned my phone off and back on again and all was well. This time its not working, will try the sim card trick tho.

Yup phone is covered by warrenty, good job I havnt debranded it.

Thanks for the help.
This whole phenomena is a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in a government agenda.
(+9, -0)
squao
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-11-24 00:07
Had this problem a few times i to am on orange.
After talking to customer services 4 times after they advised me to switch the handset onto gsm (did'nt cure the problem) they replaced my handset that cured the problem, think that this is a common problem on the 3g side of the network as I have read loads of similar faults on other forums.
Had the same problems on my first 3g phone from orange what was a samsung
senninha
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-24 03:20
it's a 3G network problem. i've gotten that several times on a K618 and a K800. turning the phone off and on again usualy solves the problem. if it doesn't work, turn the phone off and remove the battery for a few seconds.

my solution was to leave the phone in GSM mode only and just switch on 3G when i need it.
Mulder7
W810 white
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-24 10:00
Thanks guys, sim seems to be working after a night in the darkness. I finally switched it too 'gsm only' as I didnt know you could turn off the 3g. Hopfully all is solved.
(+9, -0)
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-11-24 23:14
Quote:

On 2006-11-24 10:00:38, Mulder7 wrote:
Thanks guys, sim seems to be working after a night in the darkness. I finally switched it too 'gsm only' as I didnt know you could turn off the 3g. Hopfully all is solved.

. . . So, for the mean time YOU certainly just CANNOT use your VIDEO CALL then and if you will ACTIVATE the 3G . . . the problem will come back - again Looks like we NEED to look for a permanent SOLUTION to the problem here mate . . . [addsig]
hutchygers
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-11-24 23:18
i had that message when i got my new w800i phone. it was a new orange sim card so i had to phone orange and give them the sim card number and the imei number of the phone.

they registered my phone and my simcard together and told me to wait 24 hours until it worked and periodically turn the phone off then on every hour or so and it will eventually register and show orange instead of inactive sim.

so now since i registered and waited 24 hours everything is fine and the inactive sim no longer shows.
wapchimp
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-24 23:25
Orange had a network problem yesterday, that was the cause of this message. (I called them)

Although it has happened once or twice on my W850i, when I first got it. But nothing, until yesterday. You weren't the only one with the error. Relax
Mulder7
W810 white
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-24 23:26
@*Jojo*. I agree with your statment about getting this solved, but its an issue with Orange and not the Sony Ericssons phones so theres not much we can do.

I dont use the 3G side of the phone and prob wont for a while, but yes, if I do want to use it, it should be an option that I can use without my sim becoming inactive.
(+9, -0)
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-11-25 00:11
Quote:

On 2006-11-24 23:26:13, Mulder7 wrote:
@*Jojo*. I agree with your statment about getting this solved, but its an issue with Orange and not the Sony Ericssons phones so theres not much we can do.

I dont use the 3G side of the phone and prob wont for a while, but yes, if I do want to use it, it should be an option that I can use without my sim becoming inactive.

@mulder - Are you under CONTRACT with Orange? . . If not, thenmaybe it's TIME to get another- SIM If . . . YES, perhaps you can make a change-of-sim-request mate Sometimes we are encountering with the SIMcard itself . . . not the SIGNAL or what . . . [addsig]
senninha
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-25 02:08
it's a problem with some 3G networks, not the SIM. i have a pretty new USIM and it still happens occasionally, but not all the time. there is nothing you can do about it until the networks straighten out their problems.

the only drawback is that you cannot receive video calls unless you are notified beforehand and switch on 3G. but video calls are a useless gimmick for me anyway so it doesn't really bother me.

Dimstar
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-02-18 15:48
---- inactive SIM-----

means that any network provider has black listed the phones imei number and unless your know which network provider did this you'l have little chance of fixing this problem... black listing usally means that the phone has been reported lost or stolen.. i have looked for ways around this problem but have yet to find a good fix...... remember most contract sim cards are registerd to the hand set they are first issued with .. so even if your friend has sold/given you there old handset it can still be blocked as your sim number is not registerd to the imei number.....
gaming_guy
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-02-18 16:27

On 2008-02-18 15:48:47, Dimstar wrote:
---- inactive SIM-----

means that any network provider has black listed the phones imei number and unless your know which network provider did this you'l have little chance of fixing this problem... black listing usally means that the phone has been reported lost or stolen.. i have looked for ways around this problem but have yet to find a good fix...... remember most contract sim cards are registerd to the hand set they are first issued with .. so even if your friend has sold/given you there old handset it can still be blocked as your sim number is not registerd to the imei number.....

not always. ive had this issue with several brand new phones on different networks.

oh, and btw this thread is over a year old

K700i > K750i > K810i (current phone)
aftamath96
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-12-05 13:35
This is not a problem with a sim card at all...i hva eput my sim in many other phones n it works fine!!!!! My phone is a Sony ericsson K800i and was origonaly on voda i had it unlocked and have been running it on 02 for some time now, yesterday i got the INVALID SIM insted of 02 i have tried all advise on this page and nothing works......I have rang both voda and 02 and both cannot see what the problem is..this leads me to think that it must be a problem with either the handset itself or the 3g network...You are right their must be a fix for this but after a whole night searching the web and calls to phonwe networks i cannot find 1...IF THEIR IS SOMEONE OUT THEIR THAT KNOW THE REASON FOR THIS PLEASE HELP because this seems to be a big problem on sony ericsson handsets
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi