Forum > Regional > Americas > canadian service

Previous  12
Author canadian service
gshanouda
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-10-30 20:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
You don't make sence at all, can you please explan what do you want to say, I can get what are you talking about...!?!?!
***Proud Owner of t68m with t68i upgraded software, and EPoX Dongle
**Proud Owner of and only ...!
*you can do anything with computers....!
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-30 21:02
Fido has more services at cheaper prices and gprs phone actually work well in their coverage area. The parent company isnt going 2 let Fido go outta business. MMS, direct email into T68i mail client is more than what Rogers offers. Also Microcell has 2 companies that do wireless internet service @ 2 MBps. Something 2 think about 4 the future,,,

This post was posted from a T39

Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-30 21:12
Rogers has the highest churn rate at present. Contracts can kill ur service and ur wallet. The economy right now doesnt guarantee jobs and if you cancell ur contract early cough up 200 dollars or months remaining x $20.this is highly relevant as why all wireless telcos have been hurting. My T39 has WAP,Email, and calender phone book sync on Fido! Cant do that on Rogers. France doesnt have 1900Mhz, so how can they help?

Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-30 21:32
Rogers had Ericsson technicians set up their network last year! WAP is offered as is internet and recently MMS. You cannot combine the 2 to get email into the client in your phone. Rogers was to implement EDGE this year but cash flow was hurting.

gshanouda
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-10-30 21:43
they should look first to improve there service and make the signal more strong then looking to interduce new services. I should tell the truth here the service is getting better by the day
Supa_Fly
X1 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-10-30 21:59
Whom are you refering to is improving daily? Rogers or Fido? I got coverage in Cookston this summer with Fido when i shouldnt have and didnt with Rogers but their coverage says i should. Our Experiences and needs differ, but all are valid!

gshanouda
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-10-30 22:02
I am talking about Rogers.
thanatos808
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-11-05 12:51
love/hate rogers.... but deep down inside they are good, just wished they got ppl working for them, customer support is important... everytime talking to anyone, tech, data, support is like pulling teeth, i know more than they do, last phone call, yeah the email service is down, they didn't even know, put me on hold and came back and told me it was down, i freaked, i told them it was down, thats why i called!! don't come back and tell me what i know already, tell me when u r fixing it and resolve the problem... sheesh!!
today is yesterday's tomorrow
jr_rca
T600
PM
Posted: 2002-11-05 13:15
hello canadians!!!

hows harem scarem doin'?
T68mi lunar grey
DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2002-11-05 16:59
I figured I'd get in on this.... Rogers' GSM network is getting better.. but they still have zillions of deadspots. FIDO's is still more consistent throughout the GTA. You don't need to have a contract with Rogers if you bring them a phone. (Like my unlocked t68i) But the contract plans are usually better. I use a corporate $20, 200 min, unlimited weekend, and weekenight plan. In the end though Rogers will probably have a very good network.. but for now us rogers user's will have to suffer....

on rumors...i heard FIDO got spamed by Rogers telling thenm to switch service and they get a $100 rebate and a new phone or something liek that...

I also heard they might by merging with Telus or going under...

dragoneye
SNL
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-11-10 06:02
Rogers GSM network is getting better. Better than one year ago,,, it was suck..... u couldn't recieve the signal almost anywhere, now they improve a lot
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi