Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > P990 Preffered Internet Connections

Previous  12
Author P990 Preffered Internet Connections
shabazali
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-09-21 00:25
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
when you switch on your wifi or wlan it should automaticly connect you via that when you turn it on and press connect if you want to use grps simply switch of your wlan or wifi and it will use gprs, if you always have wlan activated its the first thing its going to use. hope this helps.
BigFeat
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-21 00:28
Is there any data on how much time will be spent on each connection on the priority list before it trickles down to the next one? What is the point of a priority list if it doesn't go down the list? Maybe I'm misreading what is happening with this.

For example, I go to RSS feeds and choose the "internet" group as my preferred account. The "internet" group has a total of 5 connections in it. I have my home WiFi network as the primary connection on that list. So if I'm away from home, the RSS feeds never update. That's because it keeps looking for the first connection item in that group, but never trickles down to the next on the list. I have to manually choose the connection that I want it to connect to for the time being. So my RSS feeds are no longer updated per my scheduled times anymore. It has to be done manually with a specific connection depending on where I am and what I want to use (i.e. WiFi or GPRS).
Breathe iT__Smell iT__Taste iT__Feel iT

B I G F E A T E N T E R T A I N M E N T
djsaad1
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-09-21 00:57
I have my home wifi as one of my accounts and its the number one priority. If i am away from home it automaticly connects to the internet through tzones which is my gprs. Now if i find a wireless network in the area and connect to it, it will use that as my connection and not use tzones. The only way it would use the wlan when i am away from home and didnt specify to use wlan is if there is a wireless network in the area that has the same name as mine does at home.

[ This Message was edited by: djsaad1 on 2006-09-20 23:58 ]
hemantbhele
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-09-21 07:15
i having the same problem as bigfeat. I have home wifi as the 1st priority followed by gprs and then bluetooth however after failing to connect to the homewifi it never switches to gprs and gives me a connection error. Any help....thanks
shabazali
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-09-21 20:39
what you need to do is switch of your wifi or wlan then it will use the gprs.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi