Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > How difficult can it be to connect k800i to pc?

Author How difficult can it be to connect k800i to pc?
ycul
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-17 18:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've tried everything on this post and still no luck. I tried that right click on my computer etc and it worked but now I've come on the computer the next day it won't work again. All the hardware prompts came up and they all got installed but connection wizard still isn't detecting my phone, oh my god my head is going to explode, help!!!!!
Yadrinas
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-01-25 15:57
I'm having similar problems with my K800i.

Only recently bought it (1 day a time of wrting).

I connect the phone, follow suggested steps (from manuals and on this thread, but my PC refuses to recognise 'the new device'. 'Found new device sometimes appears in the bottom right hand corner of my pc, but it always says error or malfunction occured and then 'USB Device not recognised'.
That's as far as I can get.

Any more suggestions?

This problem is driving me up the wall

Yad

[ This Message was edited by: Yadrinas on 2007-01-25 15:09 ]
johnrm
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-02 13:04
EDIT: I now have PC Suite working. Solution is to remove .Net and reinstall PCSuite.

I've been having great difficulty trying to get my K800i connected to my PC but I have now found a solution.

2 things...
1. Clean the contacts on the phone. If the PC does not see the Phone and start charging, use a pointy object and gently abrase each contact on the phone. (I had lots of connectivity funnies until I did a job on the contacts.)
2. DO NOT USE ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE ORIGINAL CD.

My Laptop couldn't read the original disc which is why I downloaded the Suite from SE, which didn't work.

I also tried the s/w from a new boxed K550im, it didn't work.

A few days later, I'm still not having any joy, so I burnt a copy of the CD and used it and now phone/PC work perfectly.

I don't know why but the phone only works with the Original Software that comes with it.

Hope this helps someone.

This raises the question "what do I do if I lose or break my CD?"

[ This Message was edited by: johnrm on 2007-12-31 10:04 ]
vladn02
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-11-03 01:29

On 2006-09-03 18:05:27, moollans wrote:
bloody difficult thats how.
I just cant do it and its driving me crazy. My friend said it took him 2 hours and doesnt even know how he did it!
The pc does not find my phone at all, whether in phone mode or file transfer. It just has no device connected.
Can anyone help?

well be one with the phone and follow instructions to 100% lol promise it will work... i had a friend have a hard time with his k810 and it was weird the day he followed the instructions to 100% it all worked out great for him...
johnrm
W995 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-12-12 13:06
I now have SonyEricsson PC Suite 2.10.46 working.

I could post the complete blurb from Sony Ericsson, but in summary...
Remove .NET and reinstall PC Suite.

There was a lot more stuff suggested, but this is as much as I had to do.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi