Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > How difficult can it be to connect k800i to pc?

Previous  123  Next
Author How difficult can it be to connect k800i to pc?
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-04 00:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
When i download the pc suit, its incl, but when i wanna run it, i have to install it separated. Bit stupid

This message was posted from a K610i
bugsiiy
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-09-04 00:53
@moollans try this: Right-click My computer (either on desktop or in Start),go to Properties>Hardware>Device Manager and there search for something like Other USB (i don't quite remeber how it is called,it must have a yellow question mark) and see if there is listed something related to your K800.If so then right-click>properties>uninstall driver(or something like that).
Then start SE PC Suite,Start Connectivity Wizzard (or how the heck it is called,anyway,the wizzard which helps you connect your k800 for the first time) and then plug in your phone.See if this works.

one maybe simple question,are you sure you are inserting the cable right?! I mean the symbol on the cable must be facing the same way as the keypad on the phone.

cheers

[ This Message was edited by: bugsiiy on 2006-09-03 23:53 ]
Euromancer
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-09-04 05:08
Make sure you install USB driver 1st, then PC Suite. The 1st time you plug the phone into the computer there should be around 5 or 6 devices found and the computer will ask for drivers. You can tell windows to auto find but it is better to point windows to where the drivers are. Either CD-ROM or if you DLed them from SE site then the driver folder. After that use the phone mode over that of the file mode to transfer files, since the file transfer mode seems buggy to me.

Longest part of getting the phone connected is installing the software and the driver installation (it’s a bit messy) but keep at it each time it asks for a driver.
moollans
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-09-05 01:37
Hallejula(doesnt look quite right does it?)!!!!!!!!!!
It F@*king worked!!!! Bugsiiy you are a genius mate. The whole uninstall driver thing worked, then straight away the driver install prompts appeared and away i go! Its now connected I am I quite happy after the hours of farting around with it.
Just wanna say many many thanks for to all who tried to help, englishmanabroad, bugsiiy you did it! We made it!
thanks again
Os
moollans
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-09-05 02:05
eermm sorry to be a pain but why does the phone become not connected when I switch to file transfer mode? How can I transfer music and such to my phone if this happens.
Euromancer
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-09-05 03:32
As I understand it when you have a memory card in the phone and using file trans mode, then like a USB dongle a drive will appear in My Computer, however when you use the PC Suite you will need to use it in Phone Mode. Then click File Manager, a new window will appear which will enable you to browse the phones internal memory folder(s).

Quote:

On 2006-09-05 02:05:58, moollans wrote:
eermm sorry to be a pain but why does the phone become not connected when I switch to file transfer mode? How can I transfer music and such to my phone if this happens.

The phone goes unconnected because I am guessing you have no memory card and it is looking for one, times out and cannot handle the error as there is no error catching/recovery programmed into the phone. Another great SE product with bugs (erm I mean FEATURES).

[ This Message was edited by: Euromancer on 2006-09-05 02:36 ]
Breakthrough
K610 silver
PM
Posted: 2006-09-21 04:07
Hello,

My SE K610i was difficulty being detected by the PC Suite. I would run the "Connection Wizard" and it would attempt to search for my connected phone without success.

I have installed the 6-7 drivers and I can use the File Transefer mode.

Does anyone have any tips in overcoming this problem?

Thankyou.
Breakthrough
K610 silver
PM
Posted: 2006-09-21 04:51
Hey Everyone,

I fixed it!

Apparently the software provided with the phone was buggy (well for me anyway) so I went to the SE site and got the latest PC Suite (PC Suite 1.20.237).

And it works! Hooray!
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-21 04:57
Quote:

On 2006-09-21 04:51:31, Breakthrough wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I fixed it!

Apparently the software provided with the phone was buggy (well for me anyway) so I went to the SE site and got the latest PC Suite (PC Suite 1.20.237).

And it works! Hooray!

pc suite sux. I've never liked it. I use MyPhoneExplorer for phone management, and usb mass storage for file transfer. I'm not sure if MyPhoneExplorer supports K800, if it doesn'yt it shouldn't be far away.
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-09-21 05:26
Not very difficult.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
fw190a8
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-11-22 22:45
The software is useless. The way I eventually managed to get my K800i connected was to go to the Device Manager, view devices by connection, find the USB port I had connected the phone to, open up the properties on the 'Unknown Device' and manually choose 'USB Mass Storage Device' - as soon as I did this, the phone was recognised as a removable drive and I could access the files on it.

Compared to connecting my PSP to my PC, the phone is extremely complicated and I am disappointed that it took so long to get to my photos.
baste07
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2006-11-23 01:08
how difficult? just plug in the cable
3G ADIKT
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-23 04:18
thats rite plug it in and providing you have installed all needed software it will work. for anyone to say it is diff to connect must have probs ,no offence man but not hard at all
curr phones---k800i_hpm70---w850i_A8 bang&oulfsen---N73_hpm70
moollans
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-11-25 22:12
yeah alright whatever you say residentevil and baste07. Have you not read all of the posts. just plugging it in didnt work so shut it. anyway this prob was solved long ago so where the hell you come from?
xklox999
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-01-13 12:36
I have a K800i and i haven't got the CD. Where can i download it? Basically I had the CD and i downloaded it to my PC. I lost the CD before i had my laptop and now I need it. I did try copying the file from Program Files and tried to run it but it didn't work!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi