Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > My K800 just died!

Author My K800 just died!
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-10-10 01:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Looks like the ISSUE on DEAD K800i's is OVER as it is an OLD model now . . . let's just SEE hwo the K850i will FAIR as it hits the market anytime - NOW ! [addsig]
rosu_vladut
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2007-10-28 08:12
Can be repaired a k800 dead?
muhammadrust
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-03-12 19:33

On 2006-10-04 08:26:44, The_Morgue wrote:
OK. Where should I start.....
My mom and I bought a K800i each at the first day they where released here in Sweden. Then in august her phone got the white screen death!
Two friends here at my work also got the white screen of death at the same time. Mom and one fried got there phones repaired, my other friends phone wasn't able do be repaired, so he got a new one.
Then yesterday I talked to my mom. She was sad because her phone just died white screen death AGAIN!!! I told her that she must have got a bad phone. Meanwhile I synced my phone through IR vs my computer and suddenly the IR link was interrupted....
My screen went white and nothing happened!!! Had to turn it off after a while and then wasn't able to start it again!!!!
Told mom about this and then she told me that when her phone died she also had the IR port activated to send files to another phone.
Both my mom and I got the one long red light when trying to turn on the phone. Second attempt to turn it on gives 6 short flashing lights.

Have returned our phones for repair. Have to wait 3 WEEKS!!!! according to the service centre!!!

Hope SE gives us a RCA (Root Cause Analyse) on this!

So...add 4 more phones with "white screen death" to the statistics!

I had a problem just a few mins ago. I updated my acoustic files using XS++ and it worked fine. Then I restarted my k800i and it wont turn on. Then I got help from a gr8 man and he told me to do this. Luckily now its restored. So here it is for you all

-first install USBFlash Driver http://www.kulankendi.com/index2.php?pStrona=download
(If you have already install the usb drivers like I did then you dont have to install the drivers again)

Now start the kulankendi client application and use username "KULAN" and password "KULAN". Now check mark the "EROM UPDATE" option. Then simply click on the "FLASH MOBILE" button.

Now while holding the 2 and 5 keys simultanously plug in the usb DCU-60 cable. It will finish updating EROM within secs.

HURRAY!!!!! K800 is back.

Now I have sorted the problem. While looking back at the XS++ log to search what I did wrong? may b i just unplugged the phone while the application was finalizing the write process. So the EROM got corrupted.

KK client just updated my rom. thanks KK and thanks tranced for your help...

GOOD LUCK DUDES...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi