Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > New Sony K800 niggles (

Author New Sony K800 niggles (
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-07-07 21:13
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
sorry, but I haven't seen a setting for that.

better too big than too small
BAH434X
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-08 20:04
Do you find the warning tones and startup tones very quiet...

Maybe its just me as this is my first sony..
jaykay
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2006-07-09 13:50
Eversince posessing the phone for five days, it had crashed two times with a white screen splash and total freeze-up. Removal of the battery was the only help to solve the issue. Other than that, the FW seems to be quite stable in playing with menu and using standard functions.
Hope this restart issue will be solved in the next FW versions.

Also, as smn had already noted in a separate thread here, I can't seem to find the Update Service for K800i on SE website. Maybe this is due to unavailability of next FW for the phone at the moment. [addsig]
peanut
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-07-09 17:53
Quote:

On 2006-07-06 23:47:43, jcwhite_uk wrote:
When sending emails you dont use the smtp server used by your email provides. You need to use the one for your phone network. There is a configuration tool on the se website.

This message was posted from a WAP device

Yea I know, it's sorted now. Was server side.
brayjd
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-07-09 19:49
Mines on O2 but had a few niggles with mine but overall a far superior phone to the K750. I presume Firmware updates with fix the bugs.
One problem I noticed was I copied a large file to the Memory Card and after deleting it the free space didn't go down. I had to eject the Memory Card for the free space count to be reset
Fazered
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-07-10 11:58
I am really disappointed that there isn't a light for video recording. That is absolutely rubbish. I feel a bit robbed.
jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-07-10 11:59
I've found a bug on my K800 (R1CA018) which is the inability to use numbers to jump to sub-menus on the File Manager, which brings up the ABC search facility instead as if you're in the address book (and then jumps seemingly at random through the list). It almost looks as though it's jumping to item 4 if you press 4, but it doesn't always!

And, opening the camera cover should activate the camera from any mode but usually doesn't. Even holding the camera button won't always activate it. I know that some Java applications will prevent the camera being usable, but if you're in the menu and want to take a photo then it should be possible without having to hold back up and wait. Why have BestPic to not miss the moment if it can take 10 seconds to fire up the camera!!

Firmware update please.
Jonathan Morris
Editor, What Mobile magazine - the UK's leading mobile phone magazine
www.whatmobile.netforum.whatmobile.net
Twitter @jmcomms
JuneBob
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-07-10 17:11
So, I've got myself one of these K800 phones, and I've found the following problems/niggles/questions, although I'm going to have another play tonight in case I did something wrong:

1) When recording voice activation words, the beep you wait for is very quiet, i.e. I can't hear it.
2) I can only program in 10 groups (a bit odd, a multiple of 2 would be more logical).
3) I can only put a maximum of 15 people in each group.
Anyway, that amounts to a maximum of 150 people that can be grouped. I think I read somewhere you could have 1000 contacts. That doesn't seem to add up to me.
4) I'd like it if the contacts were arranged by groups, with the little +/- symbol to expand them, similar to mail folders in outlook...
5) If someone's house address is long, it doesn't fit, i.e. if they have a house name instead of number.
6) There doesn't appear to be a fill flash, e.g. if it's light enough for the autoflash to be off, but the subject is in the shade (Trying to get a cat to pose in the sunlight is quite tricky...).
7) Will I be able to upload new firmware via my USB cable?
I don't think much of the software bundle.

Only 6 really bothers me though.

Other than that, it's fantastic!... although I might find some more...

Oh, and I get that white screen business, and the occasional lock-up (for a few seconds) as well as the green line in video mode.

Cheers,
Rob.
JuneBob
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-07-10 17:23
Ah bugger, thought of something else.

I know there is a plane mode, but is there also entertainment mode, i.e. switch of the phone HW?

I'm likely to use this phone just for entertainment quite often when abroad, so don't need all the phone stuff enabled, but plane mode switches off the radio.

Anyone know a way of just switching off the phone?
docmagoo2
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-11 11:34
@ junebob

I find the power button helps switch off the phone

[ This Message was edited by: docmagoo2 on 2006-07-11 10:35 ]
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-11 23:14
For some reason my K800 doesn't seem to recognise its own phone number.

Even though I have an entry in the phone book for myself, including the mobile number, if I send myself a text message, the phone only displays the number - not my name.

Anyone else have this problem? (well, its not much of a problem as I don't send myself many texts! I was just testing out the phone when I got it!)

scottt
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-07-11 23:29
Quote:

On 2006-07-11 23:14:08, JoolsG4 wrote:
For some reason my K800 doesn't seem to recognise its own phone number.

Even though I have an entry in the phone book for myself, including the mobile number, if I send myself a text message, the phone only displays the number - not my name.

Anyone else have this problem? (well, its not much of a problem as I don't send myself many texts! I was just testing out the phone when I got it!)

Strange, just tested it on mine and comes up as "My Number"
I my 32GB iPhone 3GS

Nebbs
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-07-12 00:09
Dont like how the k800 doesnt show up as a removable drive in My Computer unlike the k750 which did. Just dont like that SE phone manager program, prefer to do it through explorer and find it so much easier. I know i can just plug me M2 card straight into my laptop but i carp meself that i will end up snapping the card slot cover on the phone.
Brady
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-07-12 00:24
Quote:

On 2006-07-12 00:09:32, Nebbs wrote:
Dont like how the k800 doesnt show up as a removable drive in My Computer unlike the k750 which did. Just dont like that SE phone manager program, prefer to do it through explorer and find it so much easier. I know i can just plug me M2 card straight into my laptop but i carp meself that i will end up snapping the card slot cover on the phone.

Both the phone and memory card show up as 2 separate removable hard drives on my computer when i put the phone in 'file transfer' mode.
Nebbs
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-07-12 00:28
Hmm strange...im using XP home and downloaded the SE PC Suit from the se website, did'nt bother at all with the cd supplied with the phone?? Gonna have to investigate this!! anyone else having this problem or is it just me??
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic