altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-08-23 08:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2006-08-22 20:53:47, upper wrote:
On 2006-07-06 13:02:52, masseur wrote:
But the most annoying bit is when my radio gets muted for couple of seconds after maybe 5 mins. Does anyone knows why this happens?

Do you have the AF (Alternate Frequency) setting turned on? When the reception is weak, the radio tries to find another frequency with the same RDS id but with a stronger signal. For some dumb reason, the radio mutes while it does the search, it's probably due to limitations in the hardware. If you look at the display, you can see the message "Searching for an alternate frequency" (or something similar, my language selection in the phone is swedish). In an area with poor reception, and when you listen to a radio channel that you know only transmits on one frequency, it's better to turn AF off (In radio mode: More/RDS/Turn off AF)
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2006-08-23 10:06
No, I've long since learned to turn off AF. On the train to and from work is was sometimes spending more time hunting for the station than it was actually playing the station. I think the AF in the SE phones (including now the P990) is not as effective as the one in my car
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-08-23 10:50
On your car, the antenna is most likely placed outside the car, and it's bigger and has better reception than your headphones wire has when you sit on a train. Modern trains usually have a sun protection shield on the windows, which consists of a thin metallic layer, which, together with the rest of the train that is also probably metallic, practically makes you sit inside a Faraday's cage, where most of the radio signal is shielded off. That is one reason for bad reception for a start. The reception is much better when you go outside. I also noticed, that the HPM-70 yields a slightly poorer reception than the original headset that came with the K800.
hansen
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-08-23 12:59
I had to swap my first K800 after a week due to camera going crazy, rendering pictures distorted in size and/or colour or being just different coloured fields or completely black. After two weeks with phone number two the joystick is becoming pretty unresponsive in its downward motion. The phone has also completely frozen once while updating a RSS feed. Was totally unresponsive combined with occasional spontaneous restarts for several hours. It was also not able to receive calls during this time. It finally got back to life, the battery drained. Probably the processor was locked up doing something during all this time. Other than that, occasional white screens/restarts while browsing with Opera Mini.

About using email: don't forget that adding trusted certificates might be necessary. Had to add two to use gmail both in- and outgoing.

[ This Message was edited by: hansen on 2006-08-23 12:01 ]
squid2006
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-08-23 14:39
if going to get one with o2 ring them moan all time at them let get price down i got it for £50 on lowest contract with some free extra texts after 20 mins on phone, but forgot ask for the new m2 card......got 1 gig duo just sat in 750 now no problems with radio just no torch ..... i used old one on 750 alot so thats a pain, plus gave same shit ear phones same that came with 750! for price phone cost they should least put half decent w810 ear bud style ones in with Phono connector other than that no issue in 1 month
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-08-23 15:37
I don't think that the lack of torch is any problem. The display backlight is so bright, so if you just perss one digit on the keyboard, so that the number entry display appears, which always has a white background, the light emitted from the display is sufficient in a totally dark room, or at least as bright as the red LED that the camera focus uses, and that can be started with that torch.jar program.
upper
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-08-25 00:11
Quote:

On 2006-08-23 08:12:51, altemyr wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-08-22 20:53:47, upper wrote:
On 2006-07-06 13:02:52, masseur wrote:
But the most annoying bit is when my radio gets muted for couple of seconds after maybe 5 mins. Does anyone knows why this happens?

Do you have the AF (Alternate Frequency) setting turned on? When the reception is weak, the radio tries to find another frequency with the same RDS id but with a stronger signal. For some dumb reason, the radio mutes while it does the search, it's probably due to limitations in the hardware. If you look at the display, you can see the message "Searching for an alternate frequency" (or something similar, my language selection in the phone is swedish). In an area with poor reception, and when you listen to a radio channel that you know only transmits on one frequency, it's better to turn AF off (In radio mode: More/RDS/Turn off AF)

Thanks alot, now it works properly.
newphone
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-08-25 11:20
I had a problem with my K800i. I put my sim in the phone, but did not load any contacts off it, as I sync all my contacts from outlook and wanted to do that. So I installed the new PC suite software and drivers etc on my PC, then synced the phone, and all was well. Then the next day I had updated a couple of contacts in Outlook and wanted to sync the phone so it was updated. I tried the sync function but it would get up to 82 contacts out of 130 and then fail saying it had lost the connection. Then if I disconnected the phone and tried to look in the phone book the phone would white screen and crash. So I then deleted all the contacts from the phone and did a new sync from the PC and it was fine. I will see how it goes when I update another contact, but hopefully it was only a glitch.
newphone
K750
PM
Posted: 2006-08-26 00:03
I had a problem with my K800i. I put my sim in the phone, but did not load any contacts off it, as I sync all my contacts from outlook and wanted to do that. So I installed the new PC suite software and drivers etc on my PC, then synced the phone, and all was well. Then the next day I had updated a couple of contacts in Outlook and wanted to sync the phone so it was updated. I tried the sync function but it would get up to 82 contacts out of 130 and then fail saying it had lost the connection. Then if I disconnected the phone and tried to look in the phone book the phone would white screen and crash. So I then deleted all the contacts from the phone and did a new sync from the PC and it was fine. I will see how it goes when I update another contact, but hopefully it was only a glitch.
markmywords
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-09-01 17:51
Hi fellas.

Why is there a logo (white dot on the middle and two blue elliptical shadows going out) beside my signal indicator and bluetooth icon?

Not really a problem, but i'm just curious. Thanks!
Rajjy
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-09-01 17:56
Quote:

On 2006-09-01 17:51:42, markmywords wrote:
Hi fellas.

Why is there a logo (white dot on the middle and two blue elliptical shadows going out) beside my signal indicator and bluetooth icon?

Not really a problem, but i'm just curious. Thanks!

Its a 3G icon. Show's you've got a 3G signal. Also, for Neonismo, there's another thread called "K800i joystick problems - uh oh!". Read that. Your not alone. Includes some tips on how to clean the dirt from under the joystick.

[ This Message was edited by: Rajjy on 2006-09-01 17:00 ]
markmywords
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-09-02 03:45
Thanks for the quick reply, Rajjy. Cheers!
100percentjk
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-09-21 16:29
Whilt using the music player, up and down does not bring up the play list allowing you to skip tracks. i liked this function on the w800.

My phone was supplied by O2.

Any one experienced this?

JK
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-10-30 13:05
Quote:

On 2006-09-21 16:29:17, 100percentjk wrote:
Whilt using the music player, up and down does not bring up the play list allowing you to skip tracks. i liked this function on the w800.

My phone was supplied by O2.

Any one experienced this?

Yes, that's irritating, since that is a very nice feature. My (unbranded) K800i does not have the featuer neither. I guess this is because the K800i is not a walkman branded phone, while w800 is. My daughter's w300 also has the playlist feature, that is also a phone. Howerver, you can still skip tracks, using the "left" and "right" joystick moves, even though you will not know in advance which the next track will be.

[ This Message was edited by: altemyr on 2006-10-30 12:07 ]
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-11-06 16:34
Suddenly, the volume buttons ceased to function. They did not work neither in radio mode, music player mode or in standby mode. A reboot fixed the problem. Anyone else that experienced this?

This message was posted from a K800i
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic