Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > At exactly what point did we abandon reason for MADNESS?

Author At exactly what point did we abandon reason for MADNESS?
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-28 12:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Talking sense as always there Marga (I'm not being sarcastic btw!)

True, there do seem to be some people who frequent the 'non-mobile' section more than others, I do generally post in other sections, normally to try to help people with hardware probs with their phones. Another forum I'm a member of (but haven't visited in a while), which is a 'free speech' board meaning anything goes and no one gets banned, and has a 'general board' section, which is basically where the same old people flame each other over the same old topics, getting very personal, and these people don't seem to visit other parts of the forum and only seem to be members to throw insults at each other across many threads in this 'general board'.

I don't want to see Esato going the same way either, if it does I can see it leading to a mass exodus to other sites like SE-NSE, etc.
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

marlonski
W902 Red
PM
Posted: 2006-05-28 19:53
I think it's a shame that this thread as many before it have to end up with people getting personal. Ok I understand that we don't always agree, I have to say that in the case of axxxr and scots I've sensed things coming to a head for some time now.

Ok so axxxr will post something controversial and take a particular stand point. Right or wrong these are his views, if i felt strongly enough or understood enough to put an alternative point across I would. But again that would be my view and unless somebody could give me a constructive argument against my view it would be unlikely for me to change it. Either way if we are going to have the type of threads here that cause friction we need to be adult about it.

@scots, your an intelligent guy. I don't think you needed to come across the way you have here mate. I'm not having a dig at you, and I'm not going to take sides either. Your well read, you have your views and I respect that.

Ok you've obviously got issues with axxxr , maybe you guys needed to have a bit of a 'blow out' as I said, I felt things were going to come to a head. However, this is the first time I have ever seen you get this personal with anybody here on esato . You once said to me that there isn't room for two cake eaters here. Maybe thats the case with you two ?

A state of balance between opposing forces is where I would like to see you two. I think they call that an equilibrium !

Come on boys, take a chill pill.

marls

[ This Message was edited by: marlonski on 2006-05-28 18:57 ]
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-05-28 19:56
spot on marls!

well said.

bravo.

fatreg
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:05
Did i miss the point, but who is leaving? Yeah very well said, people need to calm down.

There is far to much testosterone in here, this forum needs more women, would do the place the world of good.

Syrus_20
P900
PM
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:25
lol couldnt agree more miss c
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:27
i dunno miss c,

not all of us have for too much testoterone.... couldnt give a flying beeeeeeeep who started the 7/11 attacks, who created the world, who can draw pics of prophets.

i think marls had it spot on, some people just need a chill pilll...

fatreg
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:31
Yeah i am the same, politics and what not is just too confusing and i do not give two hoots about any of that stuff.

Some people probably think that is really bad and i should take more interest, but each to there own hey.

Most people in here are ok but they are some that just won't agree with someone or something and jump right in and attack someone or there view just because they don't like it or they don't agree.

I think that is just plain wrong, for example i am not religious at all! But i do not slag of my friend who is catholic or skit at her and say religion is crap or anything like that.

She is still my friend and i still like her as a person and value her opinions!!!

fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:40
exactly miss c, you are a clever bod and you know it, just cuz you dont like politics et all doesnt make you st00pid.

i hate all politics and arguements, somebody is not going to change their opionon just because you think that the egg came first.. many more of these silly threads where people are going to get personal and i might have to review my situatiuon as a part of the woodwork here...

one is entitled to an opinon and should be able to exercise that opinon without it being challenged, yet for the purpose of this forum and certain members i think it might be easier if they ust keep their thoughts to thereselves?

fatreg

haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:44
Yeah your dead right there! I think these type of threads should just be banned outright, i mean they shouldn't have to be in this day and age but for the sake of the forum it would be best imho.

It is a shame to think valued members have left because of these discussions and others are even contemplating it, sad situation indeedy. I just come here to have a laugh.

I mean i know i don't contribute alot to the mobile phone side of things i mean i am not that knowledgeable there and some people probably hate that. If it wasn't for me then garbage would not exist, lol.

fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:47
exactly miss c,

i cant say as i contribute to the mobile part much anymore....

but just look where we would be without the esato chat thread.

life would be unbearable!

very sad state of affairs indeedy miss c, i love it here, such a friendly attitiude most of the time!!! just a shame that some people decide to take it upon themsleves to go beyond that....

when will they learn?/

fatreg
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:50
Yeah i love it here too esato is like the brothers and sisters i never had, like an extended family!

Made so many friends here, people i really value and can trust, AHH!

fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-05-28 20:58
bliss hey miss c?

shame there certain people about that want to spoil it...

boo hiss to them i say!

fatreg

london-uk
Sony CMD MZ5
PM
Posted: 2006-05-29 01:00
When I joined esato, I thought it was brilliant. Members were (are) really helpful, and it seemed to be an excellent mobile-phone forum.

Some of the forum areas have developed into interesting areas. I had noticed the presence of axxxr early on. Initially, he seemed like an ordinary news-editor. However, within a short time I noticed that he was in fact a fake (journalist). Whilst any journalist will admit, there is a certain amount of bias involved in any news-reporting, no-one could however imagine the extent to which axxxr's bias would extend.

I have read pronouncements penned by axxxr which were just unbelievable. In fact, I remember statements made by him, which were actually unlawful in the UK (In relation to the authors of the Danish cartoons) (note to self: report Extreme islamist named "axxxr" for his statements. But oh no, I remember that his definition of freedom of speech is narrowed to whether or not his religion is criticised.). The truth of the matter is that axxxr has such a subjective view of the world, that he will never listen to reason.

Scotsboyuk has provided a level-headed response to axxxr and his cohorts. I totally support Scotsboy in his attempts to quell the mad rantings of axxxr. I sincerely hope that Scotsboy will continue posting on esato...

Signed
London-uk, who believes that axxr's position as "news editor" is untennable due to his obvious bias. (The position he has taken is essentially deeply subjective, thus not viable! Please fire the moron). [addsig]
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-29 01:14
Thats a load of bollocks mate.

Axxxr's work here on Esato is brilliant and very imformative.

Title of News Editor has only one worthy name and that is Axxxr.

If you don't like his work, don't read it.

Esato would not be the same without him.
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-29 01:53
@london, I've never seen a contradictory post such as yours.
You complain about a person's bias, but you then talk about freedom of speech.

edit: fixed spelling mistake

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2006-05-29 00:56 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic