Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > At exactly what point did we abandon reason for MADNESS?

Author At exactly what point did we abandon reason for MADNESS?
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-27 01:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2006-05-27 00:55:56, soulframe wrote:
For the love of Laffen! Could scots and axxxr make full use of the PM button.

I already tried that, it didn't work.

Quote:
Deny it all you want scots, you have a PERSONAL problem with axxxr.

As I said before I have no problem with axxxr, I simply don't like him.

Quote:

In closing, I will say that there should no longer be any posts that are:
a: In defence of those Palestinian terrorists
b: Anti USA
c: Anti Zionist
d: Against public opinion (i.e. the NORM)
e: Liable to make you use your brain.
f: Left wing/Liberal
g: 9/11 related (we should all just accept that the FACT is MUSLIM terrorists hijacked planes and flew them in to the Twin Towers and The Pentagon)

And above all please people try to think the same, it's nicer that way, no arguments, just one big forum of happy singleminded people!

Rather extreme wouldn't you say? Then again, extremes seem to be the norm on Esato these days!

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2006-05-27 00:00 ]
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-27 01:02
@soulframe, your points not to mention did seem pretty one sided.

What about 'NO anti Islam' or even smarter 'Any Anti Religion'
How about No Generalizing?
How about No Anti Arabs?

This is what I think is a main focus, people say no anti this or that, but forget those they dont care about.

edit:
sorry needed to be more specific.
a: In defence of those Palestinian terrorists

What about those who defend Israeli soldiers/terrorists?

b: Anti USA

What about Anti Iran or Iraq?

c: Anti Zionist

What about Anti Islam or Anti Religion?

d: Against public opinion (i.e. the NORM)

Why do people have to go with the norm? Was Martin Luther King going with the norm?

e: Liable to make you use your brain.

I'm unsure anymore if you were just joking or serious.

f: Left wing/Liberal

What about Right wing?

g: 9/11 related (we should all just accept that the FACT is MUSLIM terrorists hijacked planes and flew them in to the Twin Towers and The Pentagon)

Why was Muslim capitilized? It's not a fact at all that they hijacked the planes. As I said, Muslims are not supposed to kill, and if it's for the sake of a Holy war, it's not been declared by all nations.

Think please.

edit 2:
I was just told it was all sarcasm. Guess this shows that a calm person can also misunderstand ::Whoops::

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2006-05-27 00:08 ]

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2006-05-27 00:09 ]
upper
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-27 01:17
I dont get it, as well as axxxr is a member of esato.com his job is also to post news about almost anythink, when its about mobile phones he will put it in the mobile phone section and if not he will put it in the NONE mobile related section and i think he is doing a pretty damn GOOD JOB because of his news reports I have learnt soo much from it.

And people who are complaining about axxxr then they should not read his posts simple as, no one is forcing anyone just dont click on the none related mobile phone forum or anythink with his name on it.

For scotsboy, i think your taking this personal and its not right just because you hate what he posts, you may hate it, but ME and other members of this forum sure loves what he posts, Uuhhhmmm uhm uhm he's kinda, a unique reporter.

And also axxxr is a down to earth guy you no, he is in our level who we can have a chat with and also have a laugh with.

[ This Message was edited by: upper on 2006-05-27 00:20 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-27 01:29
Quote:

On 2006-05-27 01:17:43, upper wrote:
I dont get it, as well as axxxr is a member of esato.com his job is also to post news about almost anythink, when its about mobile phones he will put it in the mobile phone section and if not he will put it in the NONE mobile related section and i think he is doing a pretty damn GOOD JOB because of his news reports I have learnt soo much from it.

You think accusing a whole people of descrimination or saying that a country plans to commit genocide against Muslims without any proof is doing a good job?

Quote:

And people who are complaining about axxxr then they should not read his posts simple as, no one is forcing anyone just dont click on the none related mobile phone forum or anythink with his name on it.

No one is forcing anyone not to read them. Every member of this forum has a right to come here and have fun without other members making baseless accusations and perpetuating a vile political agenda with little or no basis in reality.

Quote:

For scotsboy, i think your taking this personal and its not right just because you hate what he posts, you may hate it, but ME and other members of this forum sure loves what he posts, Uuhhhmmm uhm uhm he's kinda, a unique reporter.

You can like whatever you wish, but personally I don't find accusations of planning mass murder, groundless accusations, misrepresentation of the truth or invective particularly appealing.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2006-05-27 00:33 ]
Lynx69
W810 white
PM
Posted: 2006-05-27 02:20
scots if you dont like whats happening with esato and the posts made, then dont read these posts, why do you have to moan about these posts made,let people do their own discussions, i mean its not hard to turn a blind eye, rather than complaining, nothings perfect in like as i know you would like to be...

>>*Wow 2100+ posts*<<
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-27 02:53
Quote:

On 2006-05-27 02:20:25, Lynx69 wrote:
scots if you dont like whats happening with esato and the posts made, then dont read these posts,

Have you read any of the other posts where people have mentioned that?

Quote:

why do you have to moan about these posts made,let people do their own discussions, i mean its not hard to turn a blind eye, rather than complaining, nothings perfect in like as i know you would like to be...

You may choose to do something just because it is easy, but I would rather do something that is hard, but worthwhile.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2006-05-27 03:20
Here's my fair share . . . my ever-reliable good 'ol man:

[addsig]
JK
W995 Red
PM
Posted: 2006-05-27 08:36
Quote:

On 2006-05-26 19:41:45, dealer3 wrote:
wow...
scot...whats wrong? what happened to you?
i thought you liked giving your opinion...you were prolly one of the biggest contributors to those threads...
its sad, you have resorted to slander, why and over what, i have no idea...
talking bout free speech...your saying threads related to politics/religion should be kept to a minimum, and then you say, 'we' dont like it when you say things...no one has ever said to you, dont speak, dont post...we debate, talk, give our opinion, not tell each other to stop thinking and go to another planet...in discussing ideas, we are trying to come to mutual understandings and educate ourselves on matters...
whats the problem...
if you have no intrest, if you dont like the threads, dont read them, is that too hard?

Yeah Mr Scoty, you fuel most of the debates, I always taught you liked the debates...

But if you dont, dont post there... simple.
slattery69
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-05-27 09:28
Quote:

For scotsboy, i think your taking this personal and its not right just because you hate what he posts, you may hate it, but ME and other members of this forum sure loves what he posts, Uuhhhmmm uhm uhm he's kinda, a unique reporter. :

i posted this earlier but it got lost in the amount of posts.perhaps this is were the problem lies, axxxr is not a reporter when hes posting in the non mobile thread very often he sposting his point of view. now i have no problem with him doing so nor anyone else were i agree with it or not.
however if he gonna post perhaps he should have another login or username as he s longer representing esato or the news he is in fact representing himself.
i ve thought for a while that people may confuse what he writes as news and what is just his opinion and lets be honest no we all do it we present our opionin as fact which it clearly isnt
so my answer is give axxxr a separate username or aleast a normal aviator when posting his own opinions
perhaps a lesson for everyone axxxr included is take a moment before you hit submit to think if calling for a mass killing because of the actions of one is the right thing to post
GreenKronic
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-05-27 15:22
@Scots Dont think anything will change...it seems people on here like to Post there SMILIES and LoL at the AAP-Axxr Anti Post.......Most of them dont understand or have knowledge of what he is posting rather just find it so called COOL to post back agreeing with him........I will not single him out but he knows I have the same problems with him and have already made it clear plenty of times.....I just bypass his lame half ass attempt to get attention post........What he post on here only gets read by a few hundred KIDS....So at the end of the day all he is doing is impressing his Little comrades here on Esato.......

CHEERS [addsig]
upper
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-27 20:02
Quote:

On 2006-05-27 09:28:46, slattery69 wrote:
Quote:

For scotsboy, i think your taking this personal and its not right just because you hate what he posts, you may hate it, but ME and other members of this forum sure loves what he posts, Uuhhhmmm uhm uhm he's kinda, a unique reporter. :

i posted this earlier but it got lost in the amount of posts.perhaps this is were the problem lies, axxxr is not a reporter when hes posting in the non mobile thread very often he sposting his point of view. now i have no problem with him doing so nor anyone else were i agree with it or not.
however if he gonna post perhaps he should have another login or username as he s longer representing esato or the news he is in fact representing himself.
i ve thought for a while that people may confuse what he writes as news and what is just his opinion and lets be honest no we all do it we present our opionin as fact which it clearly isnt
so my answer is give axxxr a separate username or aleast a normal aviator when posting his own opinions
perhaps a lesson for everyone axxxr included is take a moment before you hit submit to think if calling for a mass killing because of the actions of one is the right thing to post

But why should we discrimate him for being a member of esato staff i dont think its fair and i certainly dont see laffen having any problem with it.

@scotsboy you have got this all wrong, axxxr doesnt hate the yanks he just hates bush just like almost half the population on this earth does. I my self hate the bush administration i hate there policy over seas and i hate them being bias in whats happening in palestine and much more, but i dont hate america its self. I have been to the states in 98 and i loved it there is nothink like it, you may laugh but america is a very typical country in a funny way. So i think people missunderstand alot because i remember i saw one of the esato member said that "if you hate us why are you using microsoft" you see comments like that shows how ignorant the guy is. So you've just missunderstood axxxr scotsboy.
slattery69
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-05-28 04:00
@upper
axxxr is a unique memebr of staff he is the news editor not a moderator and as such he is responsilbe for the news.
i ve no objection to whatever he wants to post as its laffens forum. but i do believe it would be better and fairer for all mebers if he posts under a non esato logo and is just a regular memebr for his political posts
that way there is no confusion over what is news and what is personal opinion.
Syrus_20
P900
PM
Posted: 2006-05-28 04:24
No offence to anyone or anything but this thread is a load of bullsh*t! Started as something so simple but has evolved into lets stab each other in the back then b*tch about it.. Granted this is the 1st ive read this thread..but seems to be bringing out alotta ugly colours in quite a few members.. Couple of my thoughts:

1st @ Slattery: No point givin axxr a new login..its like changing his identity, he is a news reporter, he does it like any other reporter, with the occasional bias which is kept to a minimum. Most, if not all news reporters have bias in their articles which comes from their oppinion which they have a right to so best thing is to let it be.

Quote:

On 2006-05-27 15:22:04, GreenKronic wrote:
...I just bypass his lame half ass attempt to get attention post........What he post on here only gets read by a few hundred KIDS....So at the end of the day all he is doing is impressing his Little comrades here on Esato..

Excuse me but looks like to me that you're cussing a large portion of members, hell i take it as your cussing me. Granted i dont read all his posts but ones that appeal to me i read and find them intriguing. Whole point of a forum is to post ur opinion so why b*tch bout it, especially being ur 1st post!

Bottom line from me: if you got beef with another member, either create a thread specifically and sort it out, or dont get in each others way cause you cant do jack about what the other posts.

Not gonna be back to this thread for a long time..so peace!
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-28 09:45
Quote:

No offence to anyone or anything but this thread is a load of bullsh*t! Started as something so simple but has evolved into lets stab each other in the back then b*tch about it.. Granted this is the 1st ive read this thread..but seems to be bringing out alotta ugly colours in quite a few members..

Well put Syrus.

One long standing member of this forum has said he's leaving (and hasn't posted since), I suspect part of the reason is what he's seen here in this thread.
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-28 12:07
well now I rarely step into esato these days and I post even less... but this I gotta answer.

First and foremost: why do people have to announce they're leaving?? I never did get that particular act. Is it to make the rest feel bad or guilty about their behaviour? To belittle them? 'I'm moving on and so should you'? Or is it really a cry for attention?
One of my pet-peeves

Second, anybody saying they're leaving, albeit long- or shortstanding members, well known or not, builds their opinion on more than just one thread.
I say let them go.

Besides, even for someone like me, there is nothing new in this thread. All the sentiments here are years old and apparently never resolved, maybe they never will be. It seems the way esato as a whole wants to go, or at least the way esato's more verbally present crew insist on going.... and since I see no mod intervention here, and in fact esato's own staff is rather free to participate in any argument on any topic on any ground, I guess it is safe to assume that this is the way forward.

So deal with it. If I'm right, there will be more arguments, not less, over a variety of topics, in these 'non-mobile' areas of the forum. And it's in these 'non-mobile areas we find the complete section of 'verbally present' members who argue. Take a peek in the SE forums and you'll find people you've never heard of, asking genuine questions and giving genuine answers about phones. It's all there, and it's what first brought us here. This 'non mobile' forum is like another world, and I guess esato staff feels it works, but personally for me the combi is slightly overdone and I'm not so sure this 'broader addition of forums' is necessarily good...... but that god that's not my call to make
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic