Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > At exactly what point did we abandon reason for MADNESS?

Author At exactly what point did we abandon reason for MADNESS?
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-26 21:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2006-05-26 21:24:37, axxxr wrote:
Scotsboyuk your have proven beyond doubt that your complete idiot...and any respect that you had you have completely and utterly lost today.

Have you finally ran out dross to reply with or are you just having a break?

Respect? Do you live your entire life by what other people think of you? I don't need other people's approval, nor do I seek it. Pehaps you should do likewise.

Quote:

I have more important work to do on Esato

What's the latest injustice?

Quote:

than to converse with the likes of you...So I'll be signing off now and leave you in your pathetic little world!

So that's it? You are just giving up? You could have at least given me something worth my time to reply to! I'm sorry, but this has been a very poor showing indeed, you normally at least include a few humorous comments and the odd scathing remark.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-26 21:57
Quote:

On 2006-05-26 21:30:57, amnesia wrote:
@scots, I think this is going to be a cycle of 'it's my opinion, so be quiet'
Best thing to do is if you request proof, then to provide proof.

Many people said that Iraq was a consipiracy before it happend.
Many people said the Twin towers falling down the way it did was a consipiracy as well.

Why wait until it's too late to talk about an issue.

But that's changing the subject.

I guess it would be better if everybody clearly stated what their opinion was by saying' THIS IS MY OPINION or THIS IS FACT *insert link here*

Quite, that's a rather sensible suggestion. In addition to that I think it might actually be better for the community here if certain members didn't make post that alienate members from certain countries or involve the blind tarring of whole peoples. I also think it would be good for Esato if we didn't have certain members using it as a soapbox to air their political views. If we are to have political discussions here then they should not be allowed to turn into a party political broadcast for the Extremely Biased Party.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2006-05-26 20:58 ]
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-26 21:59
If I try my best to be unbiased. It looks like Axxxr feels strongly to various causes and perhaps is a bit sensitive to issues (depending on how people reply). It looks like scots is slightly condecending, you word your statements in such a way that it looks neutral or friendly however it does have an undertone which I feel is the main issue. Scots search for facts is indeed a positive attiribute though.

I live my life by trying not to be a hypocrit.
My advice, if you want to tell someone how you think they should act, then you should act that way too. If you don't want to take someone's advice, they dont have to take yours.

People reply way too fast in these threads, when I think you need to seriously think hard about the issue, how your words can affect someone, and how it can change the atmosphere.

When scots made the comment about not caring about what people thought about him, it was an obvious lie. If you didn't care, you wouldn't voice your opinion so openly. And if you really really don't care, I think you should. I try to get everyone to like me, there are those who don't, but those are the ones that I don't care about.
When axxxr made comments such as "old boy" or "you are vile", these are direct comments which will cause only one thing, self defence. So whether Scots wants to or not, his mind will automatically want to justify his beliefs, and so we have an endless cycle.

(Studying law, it's important to know how to word things without getting someone into defensive mode.)

Lets take a deep breath (without mile long quotes)
Try to find the root problem.

Scots, in three sentences can you say what your problem is with Axxxr?
And the same to Axxxr.

At this point we'll be able to see what's going on.

I'm sorry if I seem to have taken the role of mediator, but strong minded individuals need to work together.
Compare every UK Mobile deal available! | Qatar - A complete guide to the heart of the Middle East
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-26 22:28
Nice post and nice idea amnesia, wish I'd thought of that!. As long as scots and axxxr can avoid flaming each other again!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-26 22:37
now now sam, one does not start a thread on a known controversial subject to then whine when it explodes in your face bear it like a man!
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-26 22:37
Quote:

On 2006-05-26 21:59:42, amnesia wrote:
It looks like scots is slightly condecending, you word your statements in such a way that it looks neutral or friendly however it does have an undertone which I feel is the main issue. Scots search for facts is indeed a positive attiribute though.

Spot on! I can be extemely condescending when I choose to be.

Quote:

When scots made the comment about not caring about what people thought about him, it was an obvious lie. If you didn't care, you wouldn't voice your opinion so openly. And if you really really don't care, I think you should. I try to get everyone to like me, there are those who don't, but those are the ones that I don't care about.

The reason I do voice my opinion so openly is because I don't care what people think of me. If I cared what people on an internet forum though of me I would be a lot quieter I can assure you! I do not try to make anyone like me, if they do not like me for who I am then I see no point in trying to make them like me, which seems a bit silly to be honest.

Quote:

When axxxr made comments such as "old boy" or "you are vile", these are direct comments which will cause only one thing, self defence. So whether Scots wants to or not, his mind will automatically want to justify his beliefs, and so we have an endless cycle.

Do you mean that the other way around? I was the one saying axxxr was posting things that were vile and I do often use the term 'old boy'.

Quote:

Scots, in three sentences can you say what your problem is with Axxxr?

I feel that axxxr, as part of the Esato staff, should represent this forum in as objective and positive manner as possible, none of the other members of staff engage in such controversial topics. axxxr is extemely biased, paranoid, prone to invective and treats Esato as a personal soapbox to proselytise his political views. In closing he does not represent Esato as a member of staff should; he puts some members off the forum; he is paranoid to the point of thinking people are plotting against him; he seems to have no concept of objective or reasoned debate; he makes putrid accuations that have no basis in reality and quite frankly I think this forum would be a lot better off without his extreme political views.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2006-05-26 21:53 ]
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-26 22:55
Call me stupid but what's a soapbox (apart from the soap in a box) ?
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-26 22:59
@Jim

Here is the Wikipedia article for soapbox.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
amnesia
T68i mineral
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-26 23:02
So just to summarize when Axxxr comes.

You personally feel that Esato staff should not be engaged in such topics due to their role.

My opinion:
(this is understandable, staff have a duty to mediate and show composure)

You're concern with Axxxr's topics and debates are because you feel that he talks about political issues that often seem one sided without room for debate.

My opinion:
(In some cases threads can't always be a subject of debate, however I agree that there needs to be some 'breathing room' for debate. Key point to remember is that wording a reply in a correct method is essential to avoid the wrong impression of 'tone')

Finally you think that Axxxr is extremist in his views to the point of being paranoid or is being targetted by you and some other members.

My opinion:
(I think that he thinks his religion or culture is being targetted or may be tarnished indirectly. Such sensitive subjects cause the feeling of paranoia.
My solution is to try and be calm and explain that you just want to offer another perspective and not attack his opinions. Although it may be implied, it's always better to clearly mention that point)

Scotsboy's suggestion:
No more extreme political subjects (although that is hard to define)

Alright we now have scots view, we'll wait for Axxxr to voice his thoughts.

Note to Axxxr, ýou aren't supposed to reply to what Scots has said, you are supposed to tell us what your problem with scots is. Just wanted to re-mention that so we dont'go off course.

edit: made a fix

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2006-05-26 22:48 ]
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-26 23:26
Quote:

On 2006-05-26 22:37:25, Vlammetje wrote:
now now sam, one does not start a thread on a known controversial subject to then whine when it explodes in your face bear it like a man!

I feel more of a mouse at the moment!

My bad really, should've know this would happen! Let's hope amnesia's mediation can salvage something here

Pass the cheese, please
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-27 00:21
indeed, axxxr is the newsdirector, BUT next to a member aswell. its not easy to find the limit, where starts and where ends responsibility next to the forum and the members here. i have a very bad opinion about israel and his policy, but it doenst make me an antisemith imo. i have a very bad opinion about usa policy, but that doesnt mean, i hate the americans. axxxr has got a mission here, to ffed us with news, mostly about mobile technology and next to it with othercolourful ones. he posted usually, before he was newsdirector, some political news here, so its nothing new, when he spreads around his opinion about the above mentioned highlights. i always supported him and DO share his point of view and i ll do it in the next futre aswell. scotty and me had in the past really interesting and colourful discussions, our points rarely showed the same way, even, that made both of us friends here, cos we managed to honour and respect the opinion of the other. sometimes the point is, that i have an opinion, so i can share my thoughts. the question isnt that, if i am right or he is right, more, that the truth is somewhere beetween us and after many many pages full with discussions, the truth or almost the best of the story, was created by us and the other members who popped up there.

what i wanna say is, that at the end of the day, with or without purpose, we all learn something new here, should it be polotical, mobile or garbage related. it would be an endless discussion what we do here imo. 2 options, does political, religious etc fit esato or not? up to laffen. aslong those are on, there will be flamings. if laffen says, no such threads anymore, the problem is solved. i love all of u ladies and gents, so continue the "flaming", but go to bed with the feeling, that we belong in to the same "family" and need each other, cos without scotty, axxr etc etc etc and all of u, esato wouldt be that, what it now is.

amen.
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-27 00:27
Amen to that boba.
Luke-the-magic-man
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-27 00:43
Im back read the above and some very good points there I gota say. Scot, u online? ready for out debate

In my opinion I am still right about the mediation thing, unless it means something differnt in the mediation world I see no reason why I should believe otherwise especially as its been drumed into my head.

Also I believe axxxr is a great news reporter and im glad to have him as the esato news man. I also believe that although the news is mediated axxxr has presented it well and even if it seems to some people I think they should give their opinion and try to present both sides of the storey.

at this point i have forgotten most of what was said, but I believe most of it should be forgiven and forgotten as lets face it, we should all just get allong and happily in our comunitiy.

also just a thought, but next time this happens how about a conference call via skype or something? Surly that would be better then typing it all and we could get it over and done with in say 10-20 min?
Check out my sales
I am a mac fanboy .
I will honor Laffens gift of P990 flip free avartar, but I sold the p990
soulframe
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-27 00:55
For the love of Laffen! Could scots and axxxr make full use of the PM button. It is there for a purpose you know. Deny it all you want scots, you have a PERSONAL problem with axxxr. The same goes for axxxr as well. IF you had any respect for this forum you would agrue this in private. It would really make life so much nicer here on esato.

In closing, I will say that there should no longer be any posts that are:
a: In defence of those Palestinian terrorists
b: Anti USA
c: Anti Zionist
d: Against public opinion (i.e. the NORM)
e: Liable to make you use your brain.
f: Left wing/Liberal
g: 9/11 related (we should all just accept that the FACT is MUSLIM terrorists hijacked planes and flew them in to the Twin Towers and The Pentagon)

And above all please people try to think the same, it's nicer that way, no arguments, just one big forum of happy singleminded people!

www.prisonplanet.com
www.ifamericansknew.org/

[ This Message was edited by: soulframe on 2006-05-26 23:57 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-27 00:56
Quote:

On 2006-05-27 00:43:56, Luke-the-magic-man wrote:
Im back read the above and some very good points there I gota say. Scot, u online? ready for out debate

Yes I am online. Would you like to continue in this thread or create a new thread or use Windows Live messenger?

Quote:

In my opinion I am still right about the mediation thing, unless it means something differnt in the mediation world I see no reason why I should believe otherwise especially as its been drumed into my head.

Just because something has been drummed into your head does not necessarily make it 100% correct. At any rate, as I said before, the bastardisation of the English language seems to continue unabounded.

Quote:

Also I believe axxxr is a great news reporter and im glad to have him as the esato news man. I also believe that although the news is mediated axxxr has presented it well and even if it seems to some people I think they should give their opinion and try to present both sides of the storey.

Which news are you talking about here? We aren't discussing axxxr's posting of non-political information so are you saying axxxr is posting political issues as news?

Quote:

at this point i have forgotten most of what was said, but I believe most of it should be forgiven and forgotten as lets face it, we should all just get allong and happily in our comunitiy.

If the bile is cut out then by all means.

Quote:

also just a thought, but next time this happens how about a conference call via skype or something? Surly that would be better then typing it all and we could get it over and done with in say 10-20 min?

I make rather long posts if you hadn't noticed, I talk even more!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic