Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > At exactly what point did we abandon reason for MADNESS?

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author At exactly what point did we abandon reason for MADNESS?
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-26 17:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2006-05-26 16:56:20, slattery69 wrote:
recently i ve seen something i truley dislike creeping into esato and it aint politcs its called racism.

Look at some of the recent posts; someone wanted Israel and America to be nuked! Apart from being insane, it is also hypocritical. Some of these self appointed champions of the oppressed seem quick to call for death and detruction on those they don't like.

I sincerely hope that what you have seen is limited and dies out very quickly. The vast majority of Esato members are uttrly against such horrendous and vile views.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2006-05-26 16:13 ]
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-05-26 17:14
i apprieciate that

and i clearly said the wrong thing by saying 'you not letting other have an opinion', wrongly worded (actually it was simpy badly worded) i meant it towards axxxr (him not being allowed an opinion [ which agian is badly worded).. anyhoots no hard feelings, in all fairness you seem alright mate.... Wierd coz i think axxxr is alright too..... its just the way it is i guess, some people just dont get on

Damn it , i dont get on with bus drives, but tats a whole other topic

All the best anyway
slattery69
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-05-26 17:17
Quote:

On 2006-05-26 17:12:00, scotsboyuk wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-05-26 16:56:20, slattery69 wrote:
recently i ve seen something i truley dislike creeping into esato and it aint politcs its called racism.

Look at some of the recent posts; someone wanted Israel and America to be nuked! Apart from being insane, it is also hypocritical. Some of these self appointed champions of the oppressed seem quick to call for death and detruction on those they don't like.

very true if you feel that passionate about something then why talk about it in those terms on a mobile phone forum surely you d be better off say on a website for this.
or better still get off your backside out of your bedsit go over to the country been oppressed and join your fellow men and women in there fight for freedom for a flag up your bum or whatever the cause is this week
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-26 17:27
Quote:

On 2006-05-26 17:14:33, leeboy13 wrote:
i meant it towards axxxr (him not being allowed an opinion [ which agian is badly worded).

axxxr is perfectly entitled to hold any opinion he wishes, I can't force him not to hold an opinion nor would I if I could. What I object to is the incessant political posts we see here on Esato coupled with the paranoid hate filled rants that go into them.

If axxxr wishes to make a point then fine, but let's see some evidence to back that up please. If he is so sure he is correct about something then he should have no problem in providing substantiating proof. Yet all we get is procrastination, obfuscation and misrepresentation.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2006-05-26 17:03 ]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-26 17:30
Quote:

On 2006-05-26 17:17:09, slattery69 wrote:

or better still get off your backside out of your bedsit go over to the country been oppressed and join your fellow men and women in there fight for freedom for a flag up your bum or whatever the cause is this week

Of course armchair protesting is so much easier!
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-26 17:57
Oooh this thread has developed rather since I last checked!

Cool your jets everyone before we get into a spot of bother! It looks like the subject of these politico-religious threads is quite a hot topic, some very strong opinions here! Bit less of the personal insults though, eh?

I shouldn't be here, should've been at work but got to work and felt rather sick, so have come home again.

How about you all club together and give me some sympathy?
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-26 18:26
scotsboyuk i'm getting a little tired of your pathetic and narrow minded views towards me... everyone is a witness that i've been very patient with you and your remarks..I feel dissapointed that we actually used to get on very well at one time,don't know what happened in between but my views have always remained the same,if anything you have changed not me!

You've been plotting and schemeing against me for a long time now and ive stayed quite and patient,for the sake of old times i let it go,but even i have limits and if you dislike me then thats fair enough but even so i don't hate you...I won't change my opinions and views whatever may come.

I put a lot of hard work and effort into esato,it may not seem like it but i do..and now and again i do post the occassional Political/Religious thread...but they are my choice and my views...If i feel the need to back them up i will,otherwise its another area of debate the way i see it.

Now i will try once again and be polite and respectfull to you even though you have said a lot of unfair things about me...So if you wish to make peace with me i am ready to do that...but i will not change my views and opinions.
[addsig]
EastCoastStar
S700
PM
Posted: 2006-05-26 18:40
i love everyone
Its good to be back!
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-05-26 18:55
Quote:

On 2006-05-26 18:26:50, axxxr wrote:

I put a lot of hard work and effort into esato,it may not seem like it but i do..and now and again i do post the occassional Political/Religious thread...but they are my choice and my views...If i feel the need to back them up i will,otherwise its another area of debate the way i see it.

You know that it's a hot subject and you know that it can turn easily into a flame war, yet you still post those threads (not only you btw).

For the sake of what?

[ This Message was edited by: Jim on 2006-05-26 17:55 ]
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-26 19:12
I think what Axxxr posts here on Esato is quite interesting and most of it for me is an education. These topics are always good to read to see what all members think on the matter. Some agree and some disagree which is a fair and interesting concept on all issues discussed.

For me Esato would not be the same without Axxxr.
and whether people like it or not this is a true fact
axxxr
K700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-26 19:14
Quote:

On 2006-05-26 18:55:25, Jim wrote:

You know that it's a hot subject and you know that it can turn easily into a flame war, yet you still post those threads (not only you btw).

For the sake of what?

Of course those type of threads do raise debate,but no one else seems to have a problem with them apart Scotsboyuk and a couple of other of his followers...if he does'nt like them,he should simply avoid them,they are plenty of members who don't get involved in threads because they have no interest in...The percentage of political threads i post here is very low...the remarks in this thread somehow suggest i flood the forums with them,if anything i flood the forums with mobile and gagdet news..and Scotsboyuk should participate in them rather than come on esato to make his views known about what he things about me....Scotsboyuk tends to post all his :e: discussion on se-nse and come on esato to make his political views known in my threads...otherwise he shows no other interest in esato! [addsig]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-26 19:17
Quote:

On 2006-05-26 18:26:50, axxxr wrote:
scotsboyuk i'm getting a little tired of your pathetic and narrow minded views towards me...

Oh dear, I'll be crying into my pillow tonight.

Quote:

everyone is a witness that i've been very patient with you and your remarks..I feel dissapointed that we actually used to get on very well at one time,don't know what happened in between but my views have always remained the same,if anything you have changed not me!

Here come the violins ... How terribly kind of you to be so patient with the nasty scotsboyuk, it must be hard for you with me being so outrageous as to ask you to provide evidence for your rants or challenging your more paranoid and hate injected ramblings.

Quote:

You've been plotting and schemeing against me for a long time now

That refutes that paranoia claim then!

Quote:

and ive stayed quite and patient,for the sake of old times i let it go,but even i have limits and if you dislike me then thats fair enough but even so i don't hate you...I won't change my opinions and views whatever may come.

I don't hate you either, I just dislike you.

Quote:

I put a lot of hard work and effort into esato,

... just as much as you do into tarnishing Esato.

Quote:

it may not seem like it but i do..

Well you do post news, but then that's not really what people object to.

Quote:

and now and again i do post the occassional Political/Religious thread...

... an the winner of the Esato 2006 Understatement of the Year award goes to ...

Quote:

but they are my choice and my views...If i feel the need to back them up i will,otherwise its another area of debate the way i see it.

They are your attempt at turning this forum into a soapbox to air your increasingly paranoid and hate soaked views. You claim you want political discussion, but when anyone actually tries to discuss an issue you cannot respond in a rational manner. What you really want is simply for people to pat you on the back and tell you how right you are. You are an attention seeker who needs the approval of other people.

Quote:

Now i will try once again and be polite and respectfull to you even though you have said a lot of unfair things about me...

Please point out what I have said that is unfair.

Quote:

So if you wish to make peace with me i am ready to do that...but i will not change my views and opinions.

You can hold any view you like, I did say that before, but then I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised that you didn't read that or failed to pick up on it. I asked you before to tone down your political rhetoric, in fact, as I recall, you asked me what you should do and that was my advice to you. If you cannot tone down your rhetoric then you will simply have to expect people to keep challenging you.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2006-05-26 19:19
ARG!!!
Luke-the-magic-man
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-05-26 19:25
Im sorry, but whats being said here is a load of SH*T!

Yes esato is a mobile forum, and people do talk about mobiles, in fact theres thousands of posts on them, but there are also sections where non mobile phone issues are talked about and discussed at great length and in my opinion thats one of the best bits of esato, I love the fact I can come on my pc and talk to some people who have a common interest, but also discuss some serious issues in the world, hell I posted about lack of jelly beans this monring and that has turned into quite a good thread (obviously in my opinion).

The reason people want to post about other issues is because theres a reel feel of comunity within these boards and as far as I can tell many people will openly discuss their problems in hoping that one of the comnunity members maybe able to help them out. (eastcosters thread, the computer help threads, my one regarding insomnia) its nice to have help once and a while

How can you say that the whole fredom of speach should be quietened down? If one is to give their opinion then they should say exactly what they think, not just dim it down so it doesnt offend anyone, what kind of cretin would want that?

All these posts debating the actions of terroists or talk of politics are not a bad thing, it shows that we as people actually care about the things going on in the world, what harm is there in discussing it? Its not as if were activly supporting terrorists or funding properganda.

Now regards axxxr in this I seriously think those accusing him of being narrow minded too opinionated should actually consider what he is doing (I cant say what I really think as I think my post would get deleted by the mods). Yes its well known he has some issues regarding america and does post allot of topics on politics, but he also posts a hell of allot of other bits and peices based on mobile phones and other similar technologies. I personally think his political threads are the best kind as its the only time I see people really getting into the subject at hand, I dont understand why people have a problem with this? He posts on lots of things and look how the 911 thread is going, well over 900 replys and thousands of views, now I think that clearly shows people want this kind of discussion?

@ scooty ---- I personally find axxxr a great guy and hes always helped me out with my threads and put in a great contribution into them, I can see you have some issues with axxxr and I dont see why, I can only asume its because you have some kind of problem with people expressing their opionns and you cant agreee, or prehaps you just dont like the news? But prhaps you should look at your own interuption into the forum, you have changed a political thread into a personal attack on axxxr just because you "dislike" him

Kick boxing Robots - Holy shit!

[ This Message was edited by: Luke-the-magic-man on 2006-05-26 18:31 ]
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-05-26 19:27
Amen to that luke!

Nicely said
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic