Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Unacceptable threads acceptable?

Previous  12
Author Unacceptable threads acceptable?
maggflodd
T630
PM
Posted: 2006-04-27 18:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yeah, well, thanks for the enlightening contrib. from the software dev'per. Unf.'ly this debate is exactly about the arbitrary-ness that seems to govern the dys-cussion here and in courts all over the world. You've only triumphantly shown us the noose around the loophole without adding much, and if you read back, u'll find 2 separate issues altogether and when i said 'enlightening', i didn't mean 'enlightened' - sorry!
there's more... [addsig]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-27 18:39
I don't think we should necessarily get into the debate over copyright law and file sharing etc. Let's just stick to the matter at hand, which is Esato policy.

Perhaps this would be a good time for one of the moderators to comment.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2006-04-27 17:41 ]
maggflodd
T630
PM
Posted: 2006-04-27 19:24
Yeah... You are exactly right, scotsboyuk! So, though i started this thread, i'll now shut my maggflodd-trap! Don't want this to turn into a lets-shut-up-the-opera-hack-fans-as-well type of debate ('if we can't, why can they? It's not fair, boohoo'). Wasn't my intention to cause sh+tstorm... I really thought there might be an unambiguous answer - obviously not... Or maybe i'm just thick'n'stubborn. Anyway, maggflodd's off [addsig]
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-27 20:38
@maggflod

I think you have raised a very good point actually, but I don't see the point in getting into a discussion on the nature of copyright law since we can't change the law here on this forum. Instead we should be asking for clarification on Esato's position as to warez, copyright videos, etc.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
Debu
R600
PM
Posted: 2006-04-27 21:23
@mag,scot: Please don't get me wrong, my point is that, since posting of vids etc. may not be entirely against the law, whereas posting about cracked versions of the software maybe; that could be the reason for the standpoint of the mods/team esato. Of course, as you mentioned the true reason can only be clarified by esato mods or laffen.
Visit My Blog : Debu's Innovations

'When nine hundred years old you will be, look as good, you will not' - Yoda
maggflodd
T630
PM
Posted: 2006-04-27 21:27
Scotsboyuk, right again! Also maybe start a thread for total wapwebdownload-newbies re. pitfalls, slings and arrows of 'free' stuff (I know for a fact that some, e.g., don't realise a say 500+ kb 'free' game might actually be cheaper to buy from your network as gprs-traffic costs in price included - so a 'free' game might cost u E5.oo to download, but ur network would've delivered it for E4.5o, etc...
maggflodd is off dreaming of the warmth of a Burning Bush
maggflodd
T630
PM
Posted: 2006-04-27 21:56
Quote:

On 2006-04-27 21:23:48, Debu wrote:
@mag,scot: Please don't get me wrong, my point is that, since posting of vids etc. may not be entirely against the law, whereas posting about cracked versions of the software maybe; that could be the reason for the standpoint of the mods/team esato. Of course, as you mentioned the true reason can only be clarified by esato mods or laffen.

Debu, Hi! U 2 are right. So, where are they?
(...chained to the dream they got you searchin' for...)
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-27 22:09
Quote:

On 2006-04-27 21:23:48, Debu wrote:

I'm sure there must be some reasoning behind the decision to allow videos since a decision has obviously been taken not to allo warez. It does seem to be somewhat hypocritical and confusing though.

@magg

Perhaps a sticky thread on such issues for newbies would be a good idea if there isn't already one.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
gelfen
Z600
PM
Posted: 2006-05-04 10:23
it could well be that discussing illegal activity relating to mobiles is tolerated while other such activity is not. that's the way it looks anyway.
Whomsoever you see in distress, recognize in him a fellow man

Gelfen's special place where nobody talks to him anymore
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi