Esato

Forum > General discussions > Announcements > Orange New Pay Monthly Tarriffs are based on animals

Author Orange New Pay Monthly Tarriffs are based on animals
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-04-11 21:08
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Want more proof that people dont like these new Tarriffs.
Oh an we are changin the name to the Teletubbie Tarriffs.

Well you have Tinky-Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa, and Po, So thats Contract Tarrifs sorted

and for Pay as you go you can have Noo Noo.

And they all lived in a futurstic house !! or a Futurist Orange world ??

Any way heres the latest on those luvly jubly Tarriffs.

"" Vodafone and Orange won’t follow the other operators in slashing their prices to compete with the mounting threat of T-Mobile’s Flext.

Contrary to rumours that new consumer tariffs would be launched, Vodafone held back from rolling out new deals this month. A spokesman for the operator said: ‘While we continue to explore ways of growing our dealer business, we won’t do it simply by trying to outbid the other networks.’ Vodafone is understood to be planning an updated range of deals and commissions for later this year.

Orange is hoping its animal packages will attract customers without the need for bundling more value. Orange’s head of multiple retail, Simon Wetton, said: ‘Flext has been successful and has taken a big share, but we’re trying to make things simple for the consumer. We won’t just offer up-front value but a wider range of products and services.’ However, the operator is currently offering 50% extra minutes and texts to customers who sign up online.

This week’s Mobile tariff tracker sees T-Mobile take the majority of connections through all indirect high street outlets. Meanwhile, Vodafone is nowhere to be seen and only one Orange tariff has made it into the top 20.
3 and O2 have both chosen to tackle T-Mobile by slashing prices and adding double minute and text offers to its deals ""

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/[....]est/publish/article_1357.shtml
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-04-11 21:27
Gonna be interesting to see how the networks' market share and stats have fluctuated by May, when the outgoing 05-06 financial years' figures become available...
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-04-11 21:31
Yes me too. Orange dont seem to care thats the problem, They are hoping that cusotmer stay with them for the name and stay loyal to the network.

But customer have started to leave big time, The other networks have relised it.

Well Voda havnt, but they never do and Orange seem to have this problem now?

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2006-04-11 20:33 ]
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-04-22 02:15
more proof that customer dont like these new Tarrifs

Andrew Boden, MD at Orange solus distributor Mainline, said the tariffs were better value than those previously offered, but he had seen a drop in new connection sales of around 30%. 'Sales are down in April. I attribute that to dealers familiarising themselves with the new tariffs and the competition from Flext.'

So when are they going to give on on them.

People dont like them, dealers dont like them and charging 1p for delivery reports and not telling people is even worse

Oh and Orange are still saying that they are better value. "" There not Better Value, There Rubbish, and more confusing.

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/[....]est/publish/article_1382.shtml

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2006-04-22 01:17 ]
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-04-22 12:19
The local Orange Shop manager at the Gallions Reach Shopping Centre admitted that they had been hit very hard by customers migrating to the Flext tariffs, and that they simply could not compete with what Flext currently offers.
However, his 'defence' was that he predicts that T-Mobile will not be offering Flext to new customers for many more months on end, and that they (Orange) should see things improve significantly after this.
Now then, I'd love to see what T-Mobile's reaction would be to this prediction.
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-04-27 16:15
Orange have been stung very hard with the Flex T, so dont let them kid you on.

People dont like the new animal Tarriffs and I know alot of people have fallen out with Orange.

Orange are playing it down saying that it will get better. Go into any local high street and they hate the Orange Tarrifs,

Customer care seems to have gone down the hill fast recently, They are not interested in keeping loyal and old customers,They are now start to pick and choose who they want.

They have become Greedy asking customers to pay 1p for the SMS Reports and putting SMS up to 12 any way.

Tarrifs are now worse.

£19 Used to buy 60 mins (No sms)
£19 Now Buys 50 Mins and 25 SMS

The 18 month contracts they are begging you to go on and are trying to force exsting customers on the same.

You are the only people that can choose and make a difference.

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2006-04-27 15:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2006-04-27 15:24 ]
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-04-28 12:59
This is the best

See The future is Orange, Well we will just wait and see what they release next, Lets hopes there good!! Or they will loose yet more customers.

Orange are Ditching the new Tarriffs due to complaints, problems and people leaving left right and center.

Result God its about time they were all crap

No more Animals from Orange!!!

Orange UK is preparing to ditch its much derided "animals" campaign in favour of a generic branding campaign. The Animals campaign, costing around US$18 million was due to run to the end of this year, and was based around classifying customers as a type of animal when selecting their monthly tariffs. Orange said that it had uncovered four distinctive new groups with common personality and taste traits - the fun loving Dolphins, no-nonsense Racoons, sociable Canaries and the no-expense-spared Panthers.

However, the campaign has been largely scorned by media pundits, and it seems - the customers. The campaign will still continue in the press while a final decision is taken, but all poster adverts have been scrapped in favour of a general branding campaign, believed to be preparing to support the re-branding of the France Telecom owned internet service provider, Wanadoo as Orange Internet

http://www.cellular-news.com/story/17166.php
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-04-28 13:19
[quote]
On 2006-04-27 16:15:03, darrengf wrote:
Orange have been stung very hard with the Flex T, so dont let them kid you on.

No chance of Orange doing that to me mate; I was just euphemistically playing down a little bit of scorn about the manager's 'defence' there...

So now it seems Orange are indeed contemplating ditching the animals tariffs after such negative feedback form both business sectors and customers; strange...I thought that this is what WE, the customers, wanted...! LOL.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi