Esato

Forum > General discussions > Announcements > Orange New Pay Monthly Tarriffs are based on animals

Previous  1234  Next
Author Orange New Pay Monthly Tarriffs are based on animals
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-04-01 13:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
There online Web Exclusive Tarriffs are worse than those last month.

Now when you go out of the bundle you are charged 12 p for sms, 12p for calls used to be 10p and cross network calls hasnt come down in price at all

they are ripping us of.

delivery reports are still 1p even though they dont mention any where on the web.

How convienent.
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-04-02 02:02
Quote:

On 2006-04-01 11:31:24, amawanqa wrote:
Here's a link to their new, special 'web exclusive' deals... and no, they still don't come close to what Flext offers:
http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/yourplan/online

[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2006-04-01 10:33 ]

they were never designed to win low end customers, these are not tariffs for people wanting to spend £0 per month and get £6000000 worth of credit for it, Orange didnt go in search of being the cheapest network about, its about quality and not quantity remember?

Need I ask how many of you prefer Coca-Cola to tecso blue and white stripe cola? You get what you pay for in life. its as simple as that.

take for example, a watch, yes a £7.99 thing from Argos will tell the time. as will a £10,000 Rolex. both will tell the time perfectly, both serve a purpose and do the job, just one provides a better, more pleasurable, exclusive, different, special service.

Just think about that, tesco or waitrose?

dont mean to get all hoighty toighty about this, but i hate to see people slate other networks, yes i may be favouralbe towards Orange but those of you that know me will know why. and as you all seem to say, These new animal tariffs come no where near flext!

THEY WERE NEVER MEANT TO!!

as for the "silly" name, its YOU, the public that chose animals as a suitable theme, not some nerd sat in an office, Can we get off Orange's back please?

END OF RANT.

fatreg
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-04-02 03:10
Quote:

On 2006-04-02 02:02:52, fatreg wrote:
Orange didnt go in search of being the cheapest network about, its about quality and not quantity remember?

Only from a personal perspective, I have not received a far better service from Orange for me to categorise them as 'quality' over 'T-Mobile or the other networks that I have had contracts etc with. And I'm also not stating that as some sort of lame justification for what has been said before, just what I have experienced.

Quote:

dont mean to get all hoighty toighty about this,

LOL, that made me think of Inspector Grimm's usual rant, from Rowan Atkinson's 'The Thin Blue Line.'
I'm not taking the mick, it just came to mind as I read it...

Quote:

as for the "silly" name, its YOU, the public that chose animals as a suitable theme, not some nerd sat in an office,

I couldn't care if 99.9% of Joe Public thought the names for the new tarriffs would be a suitable theme, we're all entitled to our opinions and there are obviously a few here who don't share that notion. (about Orange's thematic tarriff approach. )

One thing I do appreciate is that, for whatever your reasons for championing Orange's cause, we can be mature enough to agree to disagree without being childish or disrespectful.
Yes, we can all get going on a bit of a tangent and have a good rant, but at the end of the day knowledge is power. Let people read the thread, check the links, information and viewpoints, and let them make their own minds up from there.

PS: glad you got your pink T66 avatar wish.

darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-04-02 03:23
Here Here amawanqa

We all intitled our opinions. At The End of the Day the public will decide, and then and only when If Orange loose a lot more customers then lets see what they change it too next. i would have loved to be asked about new ideas. What about sending a letter/questionare to all of there customers?

Ok Orange have never been the cheapest and yes quality I dont mind paying for.

However charging 1p for delivery reports is something that seems very tight indeed when they have up there sms already to 12 p

Ive been with Orange for 7 years have 2 contracts, 2 payg and have recomended over 100 different people to the network.

Who in deed picked the Animal Names ?? If it was the jo public then fine but who?

Coming in line with all the other networks is fine, No one has a problem with that but standing out from the crowd and being uniqe is what Orange does best but like I said just falling in line with the other networks isnt standing out to be different.

Most people out there care about what they spend and can they get a free phone, how much is it going to cost them and with the Flext system they can see what they get.

The animal Tarrifs are more confusing than ever. Theres more to choose from and the public will just look to go some where else. Flext T offers simplicity.

I know that a couple more of my friends have just swicthed and yes from Orange. I asked them did they have any probs with Orange, No why switch then. Answer, The deal is so much better I got a nice new shiney phone and i can send loads of photos and text instead of paying for the bundles. I said what about on line tarrfis, One of them was well i havnt got internet so didnt know they had them, the other I dont undertstand them.

So you can have a Rolex watch and a £7.99 watch from Argos. But marketing them is something that counts and as for Tescos and waitrose.

Well its Asda and Morrisons for me. lol

So to the Answer, If Orange doesnt market this correct they will do serious damage
So Far Orange have signed up less people than the other networks in new contracts.
not showing that they charge 1p for delivery reports is a tight thing to do and again will damage the reputation with the cusomers when they wonder what all these 1p extra things are. Ok 10 sms is 10p. But 3000sms is an Extra £30

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2006-04-02 02:27 ]
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-04-02 11:06
i do love my pink T66 avatar indeed

and ja im am aware we are entitled to our own opionons, i was just voicing mine!

danke.

fatreg

PS: The futures bright!
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-04-02 20:02
Well I just thought id pop down to my local Orange shop in my local shopping center.

This is no joke or lie, but there were 8 staff in the shop and only 2 serving. I was with my mama at the time and her words not mine was thats the first time ive seen the orange shop empty Its always full, i wonder why.

Now my mum is 65 hasnt got a clue about these new animal names, but she knows how to work her phone and i only went in to get a new orange book. However while i was there, 1 woman got up and just said its all too complicated and left, The person that was serving her didnt know what to say!

It speaks volumes

and there is still no mention of the 1p delivery reports? I might keep going on about it but this is the mot thing that has anoyed me What stupididity and tight pinching can they get!!
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-04-02 21:38
seen how this mag is bined properly?

and the gloss on the front! what mag did you pick up? 4 diff ones avail, well diff covers

fatreg
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-04-03 00:45
http://www.orange.com/English/aboutorange/unitedkingdom.asp

23% of market share, 1st in country, see Orange are doing something right!

fatreg
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-04-03 01:52
Interesting, but those 2 stats that you've mentioned are from May '05, ie. nearly a year ago.(stipulated in that link.)
Anyone got more recent stats?
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-04-03 02:03
If the spent less on binding the magazines then we wouldnt have to pay for the 1 p delivery reports.

And yes i do have one mine has the canary on the front. Very posh indeed.
They are now in rankings as of December 05, 4th out of our 5 networks.

Info gained from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_network_operators

However im not sure if the above info is based on mvo which Orange has none.

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2006-04-03 01:04 ]
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-04-03 10:16
that above link so isnt correct!

Vodafone UK are the largest network in the world with 173million subscribers?

when did you last see 179 million people in the Uk? granted Vodafone as vodagroup may have that many customers, but on the same hand, Orange as Orange group must have nearly the same amount!

as for the other stats, that takes in to acount MVNO's which you rightly state that Orange have none of. and i fail to see how Fresh, Virgin, go, dot, tesco, easy and whoever else can be tacked on to their relevant providers, thats like saying, i buy my phones from CPW but they are nokias so they will go against Nokias figures and not CPWs!

also, all those figures added together, add up to 67.96 Million, there are not that many mobile phone users in the UK.

granted market saturation is very high, but its still a long way off 100%.

We will need to wait until May 06 to see who the biggest network is, as then will be year end!

fatreg
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-03 10:39
I think the UK market saturation is above 100% in the UK - there may be some people who don't have a mobile phone of some sort, by many do. I for example, although only having one contract out, also have three pay as you go sims too (for testing other phones etc.)

And there are some here that have 2,3, or even more contracts taken out - there's a GSM map (think the link's somewhere over on SE-NSE) that shows the current state of the markets, and shows the UK's market saturation as being 110% or something like that!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-04-03 13:32
fatreg, The top info is not just for the UK but worldwide. Go down the page and pick the UK

United Kingdom
(as of December 2005)

The country had 67,908,546 subscriptions in total, or a 113.4% penetration rate.

Rank Operator technology Subscribers
(in millions) Ownership
1 T-Mobile UMTS, GSM 17.2 (December 2005) Deutsche Telekom
2 Vodafone UMTS, GSM 16.33 (December 2005) Vodafone
3 O2 UMTS, GSM 15.98 (December 2005) Telefónica 2
4 Orange UMTS, GSM 14.86 (December 2005) France Télécom
5 3 UMTS 3.59 1 Hutchison Whampoa

As you can see from the List Orange is 4th.

Also if you look at the link it shows you all the info for every operator world wide

Have fun
DVS
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-04-03 19:52
Quote:

Quote:

Need I ask how many of you prefer Coca-Cola to tecso blue and white stripe cola? You get what you pay for in life. its as simple as that.

Not really a fair comparison. If you are comparing Tesco's cola against Coca-Cola in the T-Mobile vs Orange scenario, then a fairer comparison would be to say that you get 5 bottles of Tesco Cola for less than the price of one bottle of Coca-Cola. That's the difference in value between some of T-Mobile's Flext tariffs and Orange's Animal tariffs. You also assume that in this scenario that people don't like the taste of Tesco's cola and that Coca-Cola must be superior. I think the true difference in this example would be that both colas would taste the same but Coca-Cola is perceived to be better.*

I've been with Orange for 9 years and I know that they are simply not competitive at this time. I believe that the main networks offer a comparable service as far as technology and coverage and therefore it's down to customer service and price for me. Orange has a reputation for being excellent at customer service but in my experience that hasn't always been the case. I think Orange is a great brand and a great network but I don't believe that they are that superior that I should stay with them paying higher costs.

My contract on Orange is almost over. I am on Orange Premier 600 - I pay £55 a month and I get 600 minutes and a 100 texts plus free insurance. On T-Mobile Flext I can get 600 minutes, 600 texts for £26.25. I don't need insurance as I have free cover with my bank but even if you add the £6 charge I would still only be paying £32.25. My bill on T-Mobile is very rarely going to be more than £30 whereas on Orange I usually pay around £65 when you add photo messages etc.

I understand that Orange is looking for the premium paying customer but I am not sure that they will continue to be successful if they don't compete on price. I know several people who have recently move to T-Mobile after years of being with Orange. Time will tell...

* For the record I am not saying that Tesco Cola is better than Coca-Cola! That's down to personal preference!

[ This Message was edited by: DVS on 2006-04-03 18:54 ]
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-04-03 20:59
Yes Orange Customer service is good, but I think thats slipped alot recently.

I have spoke to the retention department my self and to be honest the guy that answered the phone at the other just sighed and sounded completely p***ed of.
Not good for customer relations.

Ive been with Orange 7 Years ad I average a bill of about 45-50 pound on one contract and 20 pound on the other, But again with T-mobile i can cut my cost in half.

I dont mind paying for quality at a fare price though.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi