Esato

Forum > General discussions > Announcements > Orange New Pay Monthly Tarriffs are based on animals

Previous  1234  Next
Author Orange New Pay Monthly Tarriffs are based on animals
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-03-25 20:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
If I used my phone far more extensively for calls etc. than what I do at the moment, I'll happily embrace a "silly" 18 month tariff that gives me 900 x-net minutes for 26-odd quid a month (if going through T-Mobile directly.)
And that's before all the 'rebate' deals available for this tariff through a host of high street and internet contract offers.
Incidently, Orange's reception is very poor in Beckton (east London) where I live, compared to say, the other networks. (The Gallions Reach Orange Shop are aware of this, but of course 'play it down'.) That's obviously not the case all over east London, but a point nevertheless.
Also, how often do we phone customer services? Orange are generally good, but in the same breath I've personally had no probz with T-Mobile.
Just my 2p's worth...

darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-03-28 22:33
Heres the response from Orange regarding there new animal Tarrifs

Orange: ‘We’re sticking with our Animals’
Orange said it had no intentions to rework its new animal-themed tariffs, despite fierce competition from rival networks and an initially lukewarm response from the dealers.

‘The animal tariffs were never designed to be the cheapest on the market. We’re not about to go on a land-grab. We’re more about getting the best possible customer on the base and making sure we keep customers on our base,’ Orange’s head of multiple retail, Simon Wetton, told Mobile.

Orange hopes that elements such as ‘magic numbers’ and free photo printing will give it an edge over bundled value tariffs like T-Mobile’s Flext, but initial feedback from the channel was less than positive. One dealer said: ‘From what I’ve seen so far you’ve got nothing that will be able to compete with T-Mobile or even 3. This will be tough for you.’

So far what i can see there doing a really good job of even upsetting the dealers,

This was taken from this website
http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/[....]est/publish/article_1311.shtml
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-03-28 23:12

‘The animal tariffs were never designed to be the cheapest on the market. We’re not about to go on a land-grab.'

Isn't that an euphemistic way of saying that they cannot compete at all with the likes of Flext et al? Or am I just being super-cynical or er... pig-ignorant? (or should that be racoon-ignorant?)

Oh, right, do they mean those that don't look out on the net or do some research to see what the best mobile phone network deals on the market are? Ignorance is indeed bliss, then.

Erm...they couldn't keep me when I was given a much better deal elsewhere, and the lady in the retention department must've thought I was clueless whan she tried to offer me a Motorola V545-whatever after a year with my Orange P900! And I'm sincere enough to say that I never missed a payment or gave them (IMHO) reason to offer me less.

Oh, give me strength....I must be missing something.
Don't get me wrong, I personally have no vendetta or grudge against Orange, but when Joe Public is fed BS like that and expected to swallow it, it does not bring out the best in me.
If I'm wrong, please feel free to show me the error(s) of my ways; after all, knowledge is power!
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-03-28 23:39
amawanqa

I dont think your wrong i think you said it correct.

Im currently with Orange, Customer care is ok, better than some of the networks, but they are thinking that the people or thick !!

So I could be a Racoon, Dolphin or what ever other animal they have thought of. Some people will go for the idea. But what are the incentives.

Has Orange sat up and smelt there own a**e recenlty.
Hello T-mobile are thrashing them, O2 are going to change the tarriffs next month I wounder if there called Mouse, Rabbit, Monkey, Elephant.

3 have superb deals, Ok Customer care is none but there network is so far a lot lot better than it used to be.
Voda donest really do much in deals, Just hoping that there name says it all.

People i have spoke to think they have lost the plot, A few of the staff think that they have too.

So Orange have changed the tarriffs to offer us the customer a better deal, Ok there not he cheapest (No Sh*t there)

But in line with every one else, Billing will be £1.50 if you dont pay by DD its £3.50 For a Delivery report on SMS / MMS well im sorry thats now going to cost 1p a time, Oh SMS has gone up to 12p, Calls out side of the bundle is 12p for Orange and Landlines, but cross network will now be 25p.

How about being out of the line and doing something differerent, this is what Orange used to do best!! Changing the mobile world.

Now like I say the futures no longer Orange.

They are now in rankings as of December 4th out of our 5 networks.

Info gained from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mobile_network_operators

We can only wait and see.
Frubin
HTC Desire
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-28 23:59
My boy-friend is considering to upgrade his contact soon and go to Orange online direct for tariffs as they provide better deals on xmins and inc texts then the Orange shop where he orginally got his contract from.

At the moment he is on the 120 xmins which is £25 per month but is also paying for 120 text bundles (£8 per month) as no text was included in the contract and tariff which was a 12 month contract. He does use all his xmins (sometimes goes over too!) but he also does alot of texting so the tariff he's on won't benefit him any more. Plus he was also paying quite high phone bills too. So i recommended him to go for one of the Orange direct tariffs (i'm on 300 xmins and 500 texts). He's thinking to for either the 200 xmins and 500 texts for £30 or or 300 xmins and 500 texts for £35.

I've already upgraded in Janurary with Orange Direct (which i was orginally on when i got my contract) so no need for me to worry till i next upgrade but my boy-friend is wondering would these new New Pay Monthly Tarriffs affect both the Orange shop and Orange direct and exisiting upgrade customers?

Regards,

[ This Message was edited by: Frubin on 2006-03-28 23:41 ]
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-03-29 00:06
So far what i know is the the shop tarriffs are only going to change first, The online tarrifs are going to change in a month or so and PAYG in Sep (Poss Later)

Tell orange that you want a Tarriff like T-mobile or 3 for even better deals, They might not b able ot match but give you a better deal than there own online tarrifs.

Be carful tho, Orange are saying to a lot of there customers that they will be on a 18 month tarriff (T-mobile flex t tarrifs are 18 months) but even some of there own tarriffs when you upgrade.

They also wont give you any of the freebies like new customers get.

There is one way to work round this (I havnt tried it but been told on good grounds that it works) Say you are leaving, see what deal they offer, if you dont like them ask them to transfer to Pay as you go. In 30 days you will get a new sim card with you mobile no on. Make a few calls in a couple of days, ring Orange sales and they will treat you as a new customer.

You get to keep you number and have the freebies.

This is now how Orange seems to work (Backwards)

Like i say dont quote me on it,
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-03-29 00:09
@ darrengf,

Yeah, we know there's no such thing as the perfect network; I've had two O2 contracts and one T-Mobile contract and one Orange contract.
At the end of the day, as a punter, all I want is the best possible value for my money; networks can call their tarriffs what they like and we can have a bit of a laugh at some of these, they can receive praise for having better customer service than the next network...that's all fine.
However, for me, the one who's going to give me the most, be it Orange or any other network, is gonna get my vote. Simple as that.
At the moment, with the current incentives and price plans, Orange is not 'where it's at' for me...
Frubin
HTC Desire
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-29 00:32
@ darrengf: Ah ok. We'll my boy-friend is not considering to go back to the Orange shop as they don't inc text in thier tariff but do offer other things like free 1/2 price line rental for 6 months (which my boy-friend already had when he first took his contract out!), 10% off line-rental, ect to existing customers which is tempting within itself.

But as i said before, my boy-friend really needs to get value and save money on his contract. The one that he is currently on isn't benefiting him enough plus i don't think it's not worth what is paying for.

I know myself as when i first got my contract with Orange direct, i was on a plan that gave me 120 xmins with 30 inc texts on top i paid for 120 text bundles (£8 per month), 4MB Orange World Access bundle (£4 per month) and Orange Insurance (£5 per month) on a 12 month contract. But as i found out i was a mixture of a medium-high talker and texter and i used up all my xmins (excess of 200+ xmins a month) and text quite alot too (anything from 150-200+ texts a month). As a result, i ended up paying high bills for my additional calls and texting plus everthing else i was paying for! So after examining my bills from the previous 1.5 years i checked all the tariffs previous to my upgrade and found one that would be right for me (300 mins and 500 texts) and kept the Orange insurance and 4mb Orange World Access bundle. It did reduced my phone bill to a 1/4 less than i was paying before but was tied in another 18 month contract with them which i didn't mind. I'm now happy with my contract as i have vaule for money in what is offered and paying for.

I want my boy-friend to experience the same and not choose the wrong tariff and get stuck in a contract for another 18 months, ending up being in square one again. I guess he needs to upgrade soon-ish to see get a chance to remain on the old tariffs before they change to these new ones!

[ This Message was edited by: Frubin on 2006-03-28 23:55 ]
DVS
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-03-29 16:49
Been with Orange for 9 (mostly happy) years. Liked teh advanced services they offered and customer services on the whole is pretty good.

HOWEVER....

Examples of new tariffs given arent very competitive (we'll see if it is a joke on 1st April). They won't match Flext or Stop the Clock - only 12 month contracts.

Not impressed that they are going to charge for itemised billing. If someone is going to charge me for something, I want to know what they are charging me for. If they offered more minutes and texts like Flext then their costs would be reduced as included calls don't need to be itemised. (Interestingly, if you have a non itemised bill but have online account access, the online account is itemised - wonder if this will change?).

Not impressed with delivery reports charge. Text messages have gone up 20% (that should factor in any charge for delivery reports). I remember when text messages were just 4p! If 100 million text messages are sent everyday, surely there are some economies of scale!

Customising the phones is silly. If all phones act the same, you are only buying a phone for it's external cosmetic looks.

Orange seem to be losing it a bit. They have removed key benefits such as Wildfire, Orange Answering Service and the like and raised their prices. I pay a premium for Orange Premier (soon to be Panther) but I can get the same deal for over £30 less each month with T-Mobile. It doesn't make any sense to stay with Orange.
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-03-31 00:03
Quote:

On 2006-03-29 16:49:59, DVS wrote:

Customising the phones is silly. If all phones act the same, you are only buying a phone for it's external cosmetic looks.

soon to be sorted!

fatreg
Frubin
HTC Desire
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-31 09:37
My boy-friend finally upgraded yesterday! Got some the same tariff as me and a Nokia N70 for free. Glad he has sorted it now plus it will reduce his phone bill dramatically!

At least he don't need to worry about these new Orange tariffs either untill he upgrades again in 18 months time, but you never know what may Orange changed again by then!

[ This Message was edited by: Frubin on 2006-03-31 08:41 ]
fatreg
T66 pink
PM
Posted: 2006-03-31 22:30
roll on tomorrow

fatreg
DVS
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-03-31 22:40
Found details of the new tariffs at The Link:
http://www.thelink.com/martpr[....]l/Network-Orange-NetworkOffers

Not even remotely competitive. Premier (now Panther) is the same except there is now a 400 minute version but all of them still only have 100 text messages. Panther for the person who wants all the extras - extra bills!
darrengf
T68i
PM
Posted: 2006-03-31 22:46
Well Im sorry make it easier for people
The new ruddy tarriffs are more complicated than the others

God how many now have you got to choose from

Delivery Reports are 1p

GPRS Bundels are still the same and Photos are
25p up to 50kb
50p up to 100kb

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2006-03-31 21:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: darrengf on 2006-03-31 23:05 ]
amawanqa
Nokia 7600
PM
Posted: 2006-04-01 11:31
Here's a link to their new, special 'web exclusive' deals... and no, they still don't come close to what Flext offers:
http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/yourplan/online

[ This Message was edited by: amawanqa on 2006-04-01 10:33 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi