Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Ericsson Buying out Sony Ericsson?

Author Ericsson Buying out Sony Ericsson?
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2006-03-02 01:40
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@goldenface:
I won't bother. I'm tired of dissecting other users posts right now. I'll leave it at a statement for now.

@coxy: BestPic is from Ericsson
Actually developed by swedes @ the swedish part of SE in swe.
scotsboyuk
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-02 03:24
@S4k1s

If you are going to say someone is wrong you might at least explain why you think so old boy.
"I may be drunk my dear woman, but in the morning I will be sober, and you will still be ugly." WSC
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-02 03:42
Quote:

On 2006-03-02 01:40:01, S4k1s wrote:
@goldenface:
I won't bother. I'm tired of dissecting other users posts right now. I'll leave it at a statement for now.

@coxy: BestPic is from Ericsson
Actually developed by swedes @ the swedish part of SE in swe.

Perhaps it's better not to say anything at all if you can't be bothered to tell a person why you disagree with them? Infact you haven't even bothered to say WHAT you disagree with, let alone why.

Anyway, thanks for the BestPic info, that is very interesting.
ambyzown
W902 Red
PM
Posted: 2006-03-04 23:55
I definitely think it will be a bad idea for these two companies who have fared quite well together as a team, to part ways. No doubt, as seperate entities they would lose the No. 5 market spot
floatlite
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-03-05 00:36
I would not be surprised if Sony did sellup, they are currently backing out of many areas that are fringe to Sony's primary business (and SE is one of Sony's fringe areas).

IN early 2006 Sony have already closed, Aibo, Qrio, Qualia, ceased production of all Plasma TV's, phasing out CRT TV by 2008, and consolidating other areas.

Sony are in deep DEEP finacial do-do, and are, as the markets see it, paddling for there long term future.

David
themarques
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-03-05 01:05
Sony are not fools, you just need to look at a merger and take the name for example and you will see Sony dropped hell of alot. Sony-Ericsson..not the other way round..

The lawyers would have locked in a deal for a minimum stretch of x amount of years in financial terms 15-20 is not unheard of.

So this can go to the rumour mill.
Bambino
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2006-03-05 03:48

i hav theories
\\\ = conservative
Sony = inovations
conservative meets inovations = conservations
conservations means SONY & \\\ should not parted in order to survive in mobile world especially against nokia, samsung & moto
Non Mihi,
Non Tibi,
Sed Nobis.
Ravager
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-03-05 06:45
I reckon, if this would happen that a lot of people would stop buying Ericsson phones. Sony is a company with a great name in the world, everyone knows what it is and therefore feel more secure to buy the Sony Ericsson brand. /// biggest problem would be to get out into the world again, I think this is the major thing Sony has done.

Really the more Sony has gone in to the phones the worst they have become. For example the phone that made SE a world famous brand was T610. The T610 was mainly designed in Sweden by Ericsson and the technology was mainly ///'s. The further we have come into the "relationship" the more things is Sony trying to get into the phones.

Here we are with the "walkman" and "cyber-shot" phones, and I think this is just ridiculous. A good mp3 player or a camera in a phone can be achieved without the need of a Sony brand written on it.
So what do we have here, two not so successful brands made by Sony that they now trying to recreate by putting them in mobile phones.

My conclusion is therefore that, Sony Ericsson is a profitable company but through the years my opinion is that their phones have become a desperate attempt by Sony to survive and therefore they stoped focusing on quality and instead just are trying to get as good profit as possible.

So I feel that Ericsson alone would have problem to reach the world market but they would definitely produce better phones.
shaliron
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2006-03-05 07:07
@Ravager
I concur, but realistically /// wouldn't have gotten out of their financial troubles if it wasn't for the help of Sony. If Sony really are that bad then I think that the company would no longer exist today.
A wooden spoon is a spoon made from wood. Source: Wikipedia

Winner of: Best Thread (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Post (Huge SE Portfolio) 2007, Best Signature 2007, and 2nd Best Nickname 2007.
Ravager
T610
PM
Posted: 2006-03-05 07:15
If you really think so i think you should start reading what Ericsson actually is earning money on. Just a tiny bit is from the making of mobile phones and a huge part is communication technology. I can absolutely ensure u that Ericsson did not get out of their financial trouble because of the mobiles

As a Swede and having a familymember working at Ericsson i know this...
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2006-03-05 15:30
Quote:

On 2006-03-05 07:07:01, shaliron wrote:
@Ravager
I concur, but realistically /// wouldn't have gotten out of their financial troubles if it wasn't for the help of Sony. If Sony really are that bad then I think that the company would no longer exist today.

Sony had nothing to do with Ericsson getting out of their financial troubles.
And as Ravager was saying the mobile division of Ericsson is and was a tiny part of the company, a part that now is bringing profit to Ericsson instead of loss.

And if you look at Sony today, Sony is not doing good as a company.
Don't get me wrong, I like Sony and have used it's products for 20 over years now, my house is full of them =P ...

But this excessive branding must stop! For example the K800, SE did not have to put the Cyber Shot sticker at the front of the phone in a big ugly sticker at the middle. They already have it in big letters at the back side of the phone. Look at Nokia and the carls zeiss branding. The branding is there and you see it but it is made in a nice discrete way ...

Edit: spelling

[ This Message was edited by: S4k1s on 2006-03-05 14:41 ]
Nokialoverx
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-05 16:22
If sony should merge with nokia their products would the best on the market.I heard microsoft hate nokia

This message was posted from a Nokia

dr_thug
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-03-05 16:46
microsoft,sony,ericsson and all hate nokia for making such lousy products and fooling people to buy them.
if sony were to merge with nokia (i almost fainted typing this),i will no more be loyal to sony.
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-05 17:01
don't say such stupid things.
microsoft doesn't indeed like what nokia has become.
but ericsson and SE are working together on some things.
network and telecomunications: ericsson and nokia have been working together on standards from day 1
symbian: nokia/SE/ericsson are working together to make the best smartphone platform, and eventually "computer based OS"

nokia makes phones that some people like, their serieis60 phones are quite good, but thats where it ends.
but instead of trashing nokia, we should work together.

samsung should be seen more as an evil company. focus your trashing on them
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
Nokialoverx
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-03-05 17:10
I love s60 so much for reasons i am not sure of.Nokia has popularity and their features are good.Mate i think samsung makes the best phones when it comes to imaging.Look at their 7mp phone

This message was posted from a Nokia

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic