Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Ericsson Buying out Sony Ericsson?

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author Ericsson Buying out Sony Ericsson?
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-25 13:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
anymore nems or rumours on this?
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-26 00:10
it would be great the asian toys r us ( aka sony ) should make fones its own, might be they ll be able to put one together, guess the swedish collegaues showed them enough. its time to let the real knowledge rule the mobile world. but if se stays, it doesnt bother me anymore, i turned to nokia, according the traditon, the enemy of my enemy is my friend...
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
dr_thug
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-02-26 00:22
Finally,boba is here!!!
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-26 00:41
i can hardly imgaine, that /// would make mobile fones again, but if sony would do the favour and return to asia to spread there more shame in mobile business, i wouldnt mind. /// should have stopped making mobile fones, if they wanted, instead of merge with that cheap-copy-company.

/// Ericsson Forum
david1975
Z530 black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-26 01:26
well i think it would be good for ericsson to be back where they were sony dont really offer much only their name oh and maybe a memory stick but that wont matter to much will it
maki101
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-26 04:04
To me more realistic scenario is Sony to bay whole package of SE group, but maybe 50-50 as is now is the best for end users :-)

This message was posted from a T610

Julidzg
W800
PM
Posted: 2006-02-26 06:22
I think it's not good that Sony or Ericsson buy all of SE cause each one of them makes a part of the cellphon, sony makes all the media and ericsson makes the network part, the antenna and other thimˇngd native on a cellphone, but sony put the experience on viedo cameras tvs and radios on the cellphones, and those are things that i think ericsson wont do that good cause it ha never made a tv or radio or camera.
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-26 06:38
dont forget, that /// is a huge company, so the mobile platform was just a piece of the big cake. if the mob platform hasnt merged with sony, /// would be still what it was and the develpoment and knowledge was given by /// for the mobile communication, would be used and developed by the other brands. /// is more then busy in the background now a days.

/// Ericsson Forum
dadalin
R520 copper
PM
Posted: 2006-02-26 07:47
Really a interesting information
looking forward to more
I wonder what is signature!
Tigerblade
Xperia Play Black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-27 10:29
I agree with Coxy. Ericsson phones, IMO, are ugly and bland. Sony put the zing and style into the handsets. No Sony = big mistake, and they WILL lose a lot of customers without a shadow of a doubt.

IF this were to happen I'd go straight back to Nokia, I'm being tempted now because the successor to the z800 is taking so god damn long.
SE Xperia, Sony Playstation 3 (PSN ID : TigerbladeUK)
DeLa
T600
PM
Posted: 2006-02-27 11:19
Hard to believe E would do that.

Also the mobile handset market has changed a lot since the merger, no reason to get excited about a "remake" of the old ///.
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-27 14:06
you guys didn't like ericsson's style of phones, but style changes over the years.
also ericsson invested much more (to much) in R&D just ask the eri team here. we've seen prototypes that would amaze everybody here today. prototypes that are more then 5years old!
if ericsson would buy SE out and put their name back on it, i'm sure we would see more advanced phones then you guys could imagine.
and i'm sure they'll keep part of SE's design choice. so model design like T610/K750 will still remain.
With Ericsson and Nokia gone: we must keep their spirits alive and buy JOLLA or YOTA
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-02-27 14:54
If /// bought out SE, they'd almost certainly retain deals on the SE trademarks. After all the SONY part of Sony Ericsson is part of the registered trademark and legal name of Sony Ericsson - so if one party bought out the whole thing they'd get the 'Sony Ericsson' name, all logos, trdemarks etc.

However I'd expect the conditions of use of the Walkman logo and name would be the same as it is currently, that is; SE negotiate licencing deals with Sony for it's use, but get preferential treatment.

That would change if Ericsson owned SE and didn't play the way Sony wanted. Sony may then turn to Nokia for their walkman branded phones Imagine something like this: a Sony Ericsson iRiver phone competing with a Nokia Walkman Phone, competing with an iPod Motorola, wouldn't that be a turn up for the books
Dyce9984
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2006-02-27 14:59
When I first heard about it, it was the other way round, Sony wanting to part with the Ericsson half of the company. And a "Big Player" wanted to buy that released part.

Also there is a deal being discussed for the past few months with this so-called "Big Player"

I let you lot work out who that might be
Does it make -->[se-nse.com]
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-02-27 15:03
Source of this rumour ?

It's like me saying that sonyericsson will team together with nokia ...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic