Esato

Forum > General discussions > Rumours > Ericsson Buying out Sony Ericsson?

Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author Ericsson Buying out Sony Ericsson?
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-04-26 21:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@wilson dont forget one fact. esato was created cos of ///. the success and the huge respect of this site comes from /// times, however it turned to a sE site, fact is fact. sony gave a better image maybe and some fun features, but thats it. u might say, i am exagarating a bit. my answer:

-show me a sony ( or any other asian brand ) related forum ( site )

-show me here a sony thread

Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
peanut
P1
PM
Posted: 2006-04-26 21:55
I don't understand where all these rumours keep coming from. It's a joint venture not a merger anyway so there really wouldn't be a great deal for Ericsson to buy. All tbey would need to do is devolve the JV which happens all the time. Ericsson aren't in any way gaining technology from Sony for these phones apart from MS duo/micro! And who needs that anyway.
rraz9228
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-04-27 00:14
It is kinda Ironic the you are talking about Ericsson buying out SE which if fact, the real rumor is, Sony is the one interested in buying out SE. But that only if Ericsson would like to sell. Ericsson had rumors before that they might sell their share on SE. Because of that, a lot of companies gave their interest in buying Ericsson's share, especially that SE is a success so far. And one of the companies who gave its interest in buying Ericsson's share if they try sell their stake is Sony themeselves. Sony stressed that in a news a read months ago that if Ericssons sell's their share, they are very much interested to buy it.

But with all the success of SE and Ericsson doesn't really need the cash, chances are Ericsson will not sell their stake either. Atleast not for the time being.

I can only Imagine Ericsson selling thier share in SE if they get involve in a big merger/purchase of another company(Nortel for example) and needs the cash to do it.

[ This Message was edited by: rraz9228 on 2006-04-26 23:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: rraz9228 on 2006-04-26 23:18 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2006-04-27 12:28
@rraz9228. I agree.

I think I read the same articles as you. I think would Sony to have first choice anyway.

In another article I read, it would seem that quite a few manufacturers are expecting mergers/acquisitions to take place eventually.

This is because with Moto and Nokia both holding around 50% of the market, and the others finding it a tough battle to take a decent slice of this, then either a merger of the smaller manufacturers such as Samsung and , or one of the smaller with the big 2, is looking more attractive.

Such is the nature of business
Krubach
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2006-04-27 13:39
Quote:

On 2006-03-06 17:23:09, Coxy wrote:
Check this out guys, it made me laugh!
The first paragraph of the first page in the latest issue of "Stuff" magazine.

Stupid ignorants...
Those are the kind of eyes-can-only-see-nokia journalists who were unemployed and started working on a magazine (whichever it was...). [addsig]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2006-05-02 16:08
It seems Sony had the upper hand at the beginning of the venture because Ericsson was doing so badly, which is interesting seeing how Ericsson had the bigger market share.

Rumours of Ericsson bailing out have been there since the beginning.

From this article, Ericsson was hoping for a lot of input from the Sony camp, to quote:

"We need a deeper understanding of consumer electronics, of entertainment, audio, video and design" ,said Kurt Hellström, president and CEO of Ericsson.

Link
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic