Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Technical > 'Insert Sim' Problem.

Previous  12
Author 'Insert Sim' Problem.
Hahnite
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2007-08-14 23:09
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have a brand new Motorola v190 with the same issue. I had a heck of a time to get it to work to begin with. I applied a little pressure on the sim card and it worked for a while. This phone has a little silver lock that is supposed to hold the sim card. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to apply enough pressure to keep contact. I don't know if there is any way to adjust the pressure or not. It almost seems like the sim card is not thick enough. I even tried several sim cards. If I put a piece of cardboard or plastic on top of the sim card it seems to put enough pressure on. A piece of plastic from an old credit or bank card seems to work well. I hate to return it since I really like the phone and have already swithed my old number to this phone. Try it, it may help your situation as well.
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-08-15 00:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@xu - I totally agree with Samboy's suggestion back there matey . . . or you CAN rub the gold-plated-tin of your simcard AGAINST your jeans, some sort of cleaning it - gently, then try inserting the simcard - again ! [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi