Esato

Forum > General discussions > General > Electro-magnetic wave- Brain Problem

Author Electro-magnetic wave- Brain Problem
Kryptik
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-06 13:58
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
This has all the makings of a huge class action suit. Manufacturers have immense financial resources, so they could absolutely (but won't) pay independent researchers to conclusively prove whether or not those emissions are harmful.

This message was posted from a Nokia

BlueQuill
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-10-06 14:08
All phone manufacturers are trying to reduce this problem. It is an index called SAR. Also if the phone is kept in the shirt pocket for prolonged periods of time , it affects the heart adversely. If kept in the trouser pocket, it can lead to a man becoming sterile.

max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-06 17:07
There is no evidence that conclusively links normal phone use to sterility or cancer to mobile phone use. What is accepted, is that enough exposure at high enough doses, WILL cause cancer. What is not known, is whether normal mobile phone use can be classified as high exposure.

After more than a decade of phone use amongst most people I know, I still don't know anyone who has mobile phone related cancer or sterility. This study supports that finding: http://www.rfsafe.com/article[....]s_link_to_cancer_rejected.html

The guy who had three phones and talked for 5-6 hours a day, well duh. I would absolutely believe that using a mobile that often could cause cancer in susceptible people (it's anybody's guess how many people are that susceptible). Some people's chemistry is more resilient than others.

As to whether the phone should be in your pocket or near your head? Well put it this way, in your pocket the phone is 20cm away from your genitals. When near your ear it is 3cm from the brain. Because of the inversely proportional nature of the strength of radio waves, the exposure of the brain is many times greater than that of your gonads The strongest radiation is within 3-4cm's. After that the strength drops considerably.

So IF you have to have your phone on your person while talking, the best location is in your pants pocket, or better on your belt.

As to the headset acting as an antenna? Well think about it. If the headset was an antenna, then phone reception would be better with a headset in use. I have never ever found that to be so.

There is however a study by Which? magazine that supports the view that headsets increase exposure. Many scientists disagree.

Personally I think it's just a matter of using common sense. What is unquestioned, is that after using the phone for an hour or more, most people will feel a warm sensation around the ear, and some people will get headaches. As long as people don't ignore these warning signs, and stop using the phone when it becomes uncomfortable, then your body will have a chance to recover. If you keep pushing your body and using the phone for hours on end, everyday for months or years, then you are probably playing a form of Russian roulette.

Just using a phone doesn't give you cancer, just like smoking a couple of cigarettes a day doesn't mean you will get cancer. But pigging out on 50 cigarettes a day, year after year, and you drastically increase your chances.

It's all a matter of common sense imho.
Sony Ericsson Indonesia
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2005-10-06 18:22
who cares if u die u die
Leviath
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-10-06 19:53
I read all about electromagnectic waves and radiaton and what else equipment we use irradiates in some form or another....

The fact is that rocks (granite for one) are radioactive mother earth and its magnetic and electromagnetics fields that ocurr naturally and we are without choice exposed to these factors....

Much like those examples the list goes on and on....

So my conclusion is not how bad some microwave can impact on ourselfs fisiologically or if we become some mutant "ninja" turtle but how much are we really prepared to risk (just in case) for the comforts and comodities the modern world brings...

Unless we can just digress to dark ages a little more awareness of the world around us will soon dissipate some of these irrational fears some people seem to demonstrate abpout unknown things...

Heck everything is bad when in excess so dont talk on the phone so much... Use a wired hands free... Use the loudspeaker, dont use it...

Heck use the public phone, write a letter, send a telegram... e-mail..

Cancer? brain tumours? death?

the last is certain how we go it's a surprise...

I hate surprises... [addsig]
honus_700
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-10-06 19:58
Well the press quoted cellphone radiation will not affect the user for the first ten years of use...what happens afterwards is up to you to decide lol. You can get cancer in every sort of ways these days sigh...
Leviath
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-10-06 19:59
@honus_700

I listen to what the press says and believe it when it rains money... [addsig]
BlueQuill
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-10-06 20:02
No single report/study can be regarded conclusive in this case. While one study may point that mobile phones are harmless, there may be several others that will claim that mobile phones and harm are synonymous. Regardless of all these, cell phone lovers continue to grow by the no. and so does the usage of phones. Who cares anyway?

Leviath
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-10-06 23:15
who cares about reports or studies???

scaremongering.....

[addsig]
Tetsugaku-San
K800 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-06 23:26
Quote:

On 2005-10-05 16:06:34, batesie wrote:
best advice if your concerned is to use a bluetooth headset, and keep you phone/s out of your pocket and on the desk whenever possible

Yep cos Bluetooth doesn't use electro magnetic waves . . . .

It's unconclusive - if you sit it front of a pc all day you prolly get more. don't worry about it.
Leviath
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-10-06 23:45
The more replies I read the less I worry... But I worry more about the replies...

Bluetooth....

I never heard such funnier stuff in my life... No wonder people worry about the stars in the skies.... They might just drop and kill everyone

[ This Message was edited by: Leviath on 2005-10-06 22:45 ]
upper
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-07 01:25
Quote:

On 2005-10-05 23:25:46, Usual wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-10-05 16:03:42, wilson wrote:
How can I minimize the risk cause with time I heard that people may face the memory proplem, brain cancer... Is it true that SE has equiped their phone so as there are no such risk??

If you're really concerned then don't use a cell phone. Pay phones are everywhere and cost $0.25. Some of them are even somewhat clean.

i am sure that is not what he wanted to hear, thats easy to say. im sure if it was really harmful to him he wouldnt use a cell phone, but because he isnt sure he is asking around and seeking knowledge. so please come up with somethink which is not so blunt. cheers

[ This Message was edited by: upper on 2005-10-07 00:27 ]
blackspot
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-07 04:40
Quote:

On 2005-10-06 23:26:00, Tetsugaku-San wrote:

Yep cos Bluetooth doesn't use electro magnetic waves . . . .

You're joking, right?
resistance is futile.
Pradhika
T610
PM
Posted: 2005-10-07 05:06
And for those who think that they have more brain, this is a spot of botheration.

This message was posted from a WAP device

[ This Message was edited by: Pradhika on 2005-10-07 04:24 ]

max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-07 05:26
bluetooth doesn't use electro-magnetic waves so what does it use, mental telepathy?

Well, I suppose they mean it isn't at the same high frequency or power of gsm or umts radio...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi