Visitors browsing this topic: 1
Add to Bookmarks
Author Electro-magnetic wave- Brain Problem
wilson
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-10-05 16:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I have just come with this topic so as we can share something on the danger of electromagnetic wave received by phone during receiving and making calls. How can I minimize the risk cause with time I heard that people may face the memory proplem, brain cancer... Is it true that SE has equiped their phone so as there are no such risk??
batesie
T66 black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-05 16:06
best advice if your concerned is to use a bluetooth headset, and keep you phone/s out of your pocket and on the desk whenever possible [addsig]
S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2005-10-05 16:09
@wilson: If you are concerned, have the phone in your hand when you dial. It is when the phone makes the call that you are exposed the most.
wilson
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-10-05 16:14
@S4k1s: I appreciate!!
Does headphone, headset help?
Gamerz10
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-05 16:31
Interesting... Sad to say though, but this topic is one that is controversial and has been research by many companys and individuals. But the results has always been inconclusive, then after a while they came out with a radio-active protector which i think was a money making scheme. Cellphone is consider harmless by many scientist and some consider it as dangerous. As i saidh the result is inconclusive. Peace

This message was posted from a T230

S4k1s
Sony Xperia Z5
PM
Posted: 2005-10-05 17:54
Headset helps, yes.
Kryptik
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-05 18:00
We've made more discoveries in the past 50-odd years than in all the preceding centuries combined, so i'd guess this problem will be solved pretty soon. In the meantime, if you're having doubts, use a headset. And don't have your phone in your pocket either. Those waves.... Your reproductive organs :-) hehehe

This message was posted from a Nokia

Usual
P910
PM
Posted: 2005-10-05 23:25
Quote:

On 2005-10-05 16:03:42, wilson wrote:
How can I minimize the risk cause with time I heard that people may face the memory proplem, brain cancer... Is it true that SE has equiped their phone so as there are no such risk??

SE hasn't equipped their phones in any special manner, nor do they need to. All cell phones by all manufacturers are roughly equivalent when it comes to these things. SE does give SAR ratings for most/all of their phones on the website and you can choose one with a lower SAR rating if you care.

If you're really concerned then don't use a cell phone. Pay phones are everywhere and cost $0.25. Some of them are even somewhat clean.
Leviath
W800
PM
Posted: 2005-10-06 00:09
Heck no one thinks about memory loss wilst smoking large amounts of grass....

Nor do they worry if they drink like fishes....

Yet it only with phone this raises a concern????

Be serious.... [addsig]
Kryptik
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-06 00:27
@Leviath, do smaller amounts of grass also qualify? Hehehe, just kidding. I do see Wilson's point though, this very topic does rear its head every now and then. It would be interesting to know how many members here take preventative measures against radiation. I know i don't.

This message was posted from a Nokia

max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-10-06 04:22
mobile phone radio emmissions have been proven to heat the cells in your brain near the location of the phone (ie: your ear). However there is no conclusive evidence that this heating causes cancer.

My personal view is that it is possible (I can't see heating your brain cells as a good thing), but that you would need an extreme amount of exposure before the heating will cause mutations in the cells.

Afterall, the body is very competent at recovering from such exposure. In all the experiments that have been done (to my knowledge), the cells successfully dissipitate the excess heat once the heating source (radio waves) is removed. I expect mutation will start to occur if the cells aren't given a chance to dissipitate the heat.

SAR is the measurement of how much radiation is absorbed by the cells (specific absorption rate), but there is disagreement about what level of SAR is dangerous. http://ntrg.cs.tcd.ie/mobile/SAR.html

Another factor to consider, is that the strength of the radiation is geometrically proportional to distance. What this means in practice is that if the phone is 1cm away from your head the radiation will be very strong, at 10cm away from your head it will be quite weak, and at 50cm, it will be virtually negligible.

So my advice, is use a headset where possible and keep the phone in your pocket or belt. Also, the skin and muscle on your hip is much more resistant to heating than your brain cells.

Some people say a wired headset acts as an antenna, therefore transferring the radio waves straight to your ear canal, but I don't believe that is the case with gsm radios - this theory is probably based on walkman style fm radios where the headphones act as an antenna. If you are worried that wired headsets do carry the EMR to your ear, then a BT headset is your solution

[ This Message was edited by: max_wedge on 2005-10-06 03:23 ]
Pradhika
T610
PM
Posted: 2005-10-06 04:30
Awareness always leaves a bit of doubt. Accept cellphones and electromagnetic waves too. There are groups of people to take care of such effects.

This message was posted from a WAP device

wilson
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-10-06 07:50
@max_wedge: Putting phone in Trouser pocket may result impotence. And to women if they put phones on their shirt pocket this may result into breast cancer. anyway it is inconclusive as many research shows according to some member who have post thread on this previously.
Rokin#128
S700
PM
Posted: 2005-10-06 10:13
Wait 'till everybody has 3G (UMTS), that's really way worse than GSM.

Saw this documentary a few years back about a guy who worked for BT (British Telecom) and he was always driving around and talking on his cellphones for work (he had like three) calling for around 5-6 hours a day. After a while he got mad headaches, like something was crushing his brain, to the point that everytime he put a cellphone to his ear he'd go mental with pain. He's on disability now. Poor fellow.

I'd say don't call too long and too often but if you do (or like to use a headset, preferably not BT as that is constant radiation next to your brain, no matter how low the level is, even when you're not on the phone. Can't be good for ya.
(\__/)
( O.o )
( > < ) On to world domination!
blayv
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2005-10-06 10:43
1st handsfree with cord acts like antenna, so it can also boost radiation to your head.

2nd from what i've learnt in school if mobile can cause breast cancer, it can cause any cancer.

3rd there's so much money involved in mobile industry they can sponsore research teams that will 'prove' mobile harmless, and hold back the opposite ones.

[ This Message was edited by: blayv on 2005-10-06 12:02 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi