Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia 808 PureView Thread And Discussion

Previous  123 ... 151617 ... 939495  Next
Author Nokia 808 PureView Thread And Discussion
ILoveBhe
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-21 07:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2012-08-20 12:04:44, reeflotz wrote:

where did that come from?

My bad, i was just used to reading a lot from this site, even on photo comments that when somebody calls someone else fanboy, the other answers back troll or sumthin.

On 2012-08-20 15:04:51, exaflare23 wrote:
in photography, picture quality is better than image quality ü

Try joining some competitions, like here in esato monthly camera phone photo shootout.

Image quality of pureview is useless if you're picture dont have or lack of some compositions, wow factors, story of the picture.

Members dont waste their time cropping the images then they'll the choose the image with noise free, accurate color etc. thats ridiculous coz its not a battle for the best camera.

The compitition is a battle for the photographers on how he/she makes a good image according to the theme by just using a camera phone.

We're just talking about image quality only if the camera/device is concern, but if its for good image well its up to us the photographers

Its true that pureview is far more better than other mobile phones and most of digital cameras in terms of image quality, but if you're talking about Good Images its not on the camera anymore.

I think you are not totally right there, yeah quality image counts of course but image quality counts too, imo these two go together.

ESATO competition looks good in web, and we are very proud seeing our photos like this

But don't we think its more fulfilling if those can be like these?

One thing is for sure, that cannot happen if there is no image quality.

And its been said, real Photographers take days preparing their tools, spend a day shooting and spend 30 minutes each photo in editing. Do the math, 30 minutes times 100 photos and i assume crop is the button usually clicked it is but reasonable then to leave a lot of room for editing.

And for the record, we are talking image quality here, please be kind enough to read the title, this is all about the camera then. If we move however to the photo competition threads, thats something else, thats where all your points count.
[ This Message was edited by: ILoveBhe on 2012-08-21 08:12 ]
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-08-21 07:14
Davidsic...

I Told You... The Problem Of Its Photos With The NOKIA 808 PUREVIEW Be Bad Not It Is The Apparatus And Yes You Because When The Subject It Is Shoot You It Is Mediocre !!!

In Hands Skilled And Firm As The Of Cu015170, Michelletan And ILoveBhe The Results Are PERFECT !!!

P.S: For Photographer Amateur Mediocre As You APPLE IPHONE 4S And SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII Are Top Options Because There Virtually All It Is Automatic !!!

#isthetip
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-08-21 07:22
Michelletan...

My Congratulations !

Their Thoughts... Placements And Weights About The 808 PUREVIEW...Cameraphones Android And The Photography In General Are Unquestionable And More That Correct !!!

Its Imagery Are Incredible... Perfect !!!
exaflare23
Nokia Lumia 510
PM
Posted: 2012-08-21 10:04

On 2012-08-21 07:05:58, ILoveBhe wrote:

On 2012-08-20 12:04:44, reeflotz wrote:

where did that come from?

My bad, i was just used to reading a lot from this site, even on photo comments that when somebody calls someone else fanboy, the other answers back troll or sumthin.

On 2012-08-20 15:04:51, exaflare23 wrote:
in photography, picture quality is better than image quality ü

Try joining some competitions, like here in esato monthly camera phone photo shootout.

Image quality of pureview is useless if you're picture dont have or lack of some compositions, wow factors, story of the picture.

Members dont waste their time cropping the images then they'll the choose the image with noise free, accurate color etc. thats ridiculous coz its not a battle for the best camera.

The compitition is a battle for the photographers on how he/she makes a good image according to the theme by just using a camera phone.

We're just talking about image quality only if the camera/device is concern, but if its for good image well its up to us the photographers

Its true that pureview is far more better than other mobile phones and most of digital cameras in terms of image quality, but if you're talking about Good Images its not on the camera anymore.

I think you are not totally right there, yeah quality image counts of course but image quality counts too, imo these two go together.

ESATO competition looks good in web, and we are very proud seeing our photos like this

But don't we think its more fulfilling if those can be like these?

One thing is for sure, that cannot happen if there is no image quality.

And its been said, real Photographers take days preparing their tools, spend a day shooting and spend 30 minutes each photo in editing. Do the math, 30 minutes times 100 photos and i assume crop is the button usually clicked it is but reasonable then to leave a lot of room for editing.

And for the record, we are talking image quality here, please be kind enough to read the title, this is all about the camera then. If we move however to the photo competition threads, thats something else, thats where all your points count.
[ This Message was edited by: ILoveBhe on 2012-08-21 08:12 ]

I already prove it here

If youre browsing a bunch pictures in the net you wont crop each just to pick the good one, of course youll choose the one that is good in your eyes, thats because of its composition, wow factor etc. and not because its just noise free image. Thats the reality..

We just doing some cropping to test the camera, but dont use "cropping" for "basis" on how good the image was.

I hope you get my point.
[ This Message was edited by: exaflare23 on 2012-08-21 09:06 ]
"You don't need a reason to help people"
-Nokia N82 5.0MP Carl Zeiss Optics
-My|Phone A878 Duo
My C901 Shots flickr
ILoveBhe
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-21 10:31
^^ what did you prove exactly? Once again i disagree, we crop mainly to get the best out of the images. Cropping for IQ comparison is never its intention. For the real photographers of course, but for us forumers who love to compare, or maybe you, specifically, use crop mainly for pixel peeping. But not me, i mainly crop to eliminate unwanted sections and to correct framing, i do crop for peeping however if provoked
[ This Message was edited by: ILoveBhe on 2012-08-21 09:51 ]
exaflare23
Nokia Lumia 510
PM
Posted: 2012-08-21 10:47
@ILoveBhe

I wonder you dont bother to quote the post of the thread starter.

On 2012-07-05 06:44:44, Guarulhos wrote:
But in 95% Of Cases, The Photos Taken With Cameraphones Top Of The Line Of Nokia (808 PUREVIEW And NSERIES N8) Will Be Better Than The Images Captured By All Other Cell Phone Companies (SAMSUNG, SONY, APPLE, LG, HTC And Etc...) !

It means youre agree with him arent you?

if that is the case then why did he chose the image from the other camera rather than the high image quality pureview on page 5
-My|Phone A878 Duo
My C901 Shots flickr
ILoveBhe
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-21 11:05
^^ I never quoted him coz he never argued with me, he chose your photo appropriate for your question, had you asked him which photo had better image quality who knows? Lets just be clear tho, are we talking about image quality here or you are taking this topic somwhere else. I just dont get you, my point was simple, a well composed image with high quality image is far better than a well composed image with a crappy IQ. If you feel fulfilled with that shot you made, im happy for you, but for me i am more fullfilled if i can use my photos as my desktop wallpaper.

Edit

why do pro photographers use dslrninsted of the p&s, and if they use dslr, why do they opt the full frame? For better composition? I doubt it, more probably for the better image quality

among the thousand phones out there, why did you choose the c901? Is it because you can compose better with c901 rather than with the c905? Come on, you chose the c901 because of image quality, or you just wont admit it
[ This Message was edited by: ILoveBhe on 2012-08-21 10:25 ]
exaflare23
Nokia Lumia 510
PM
Posted: 2012-08-21 11:36
im asking you if you're agree with him? all of his post.

I ask him based on what always happened in reality, even you.. if you're browsing in the internet and you saw many kinds of flowers you wont waste your time copping, zooming every single picture just to choose which is good in your eyes, you dont even know maybe 1 of those is taken by pureview but you ignore it becase of lack of compositions.

Here's 2 diff kinds of pic.

http://www.esato.com/phonepho[....]ureview/201208111809jWuXD6.jpg

http://www.esato.com/phonepho[....]on/c901/201205080105a6xlv5.jpg

I wont waste my time zooming, cropping each just to tell which one was better in showing sunset shot.

Its ok if you disagree with me, its just your opinion and not the fact

P.s. "High I.Q. + Good composition is better" I also agree with that.

On 2012-08-21 11:05:51, ILoveBhe wrote:

among the thousand phones out there, why did you choose the c901? Is it because you can compose better with c901 rather than with the c905? Come on, you chose the c901 because of image quality, or you just wont admit it
[ This Message was edited by: ILoveBhe on 2012-08-21 10:25 ]

Hahaha! I know who you are and you know who I am, before I got N8 and you know that..

but why I bought c901?

Its because of some manual controls that N8 doesnt have, c901 is small and I realize that im not comportable with touchscreens.

Same as the photographers, they prefer more controls.
[ This Message was edited by: exaflare23 on 2012-08-21 11:21 ]
-My|Phone A878 Duo
My C901 Shots flickr
ILoveBhe
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-21 12:20
If you agree with me, there is no point going through the links and this discussion.
davidsic
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2012-08-21 12:34

On 2012-08-21 03:31:43, cu015170 wrote:

On 2012-08-20 19:30:01, davidsic wrote:
My problem is consider a modern smartphone to be a all-in-one and not only the camera and for that the 808 can't c

You always forget to add "in my opinion" because.. it is I would take the 808 (without the camera) instead of the GS3 any day. I just like Symbian way more than I do android..
That's weird what you say here ! The thing i don't understand. You're probably old school but it's your taste.

@Guarulhos: you're very funny as usual Your country is nice, say hello for me to Rubens Barrichello i always like this pilot (that is serious/no joke).

ILoveBhe
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2012-08-21 12:55
@exa, what took you so long to figure it out? Funny thing is I left the N8 out of this coz i knew your reasons for dumping it. I named the 905 vs 901 to avoid branding, as to the dslr its only going to make things longer, and you agreed to my point anyway so im just gonna leave it there.
exaflare23
Nokia Lumia 510
PM
Posted: 2012-08-22 00:43

On 2012-08-21 12:55:51, ILoveBhe wrote:
@exa, what took you so long to figure it out? Funny thing is I left the N8 out of this coz i knew your reasons for dumping it. I named the 905 vs 901 to avoid branding, as to the dslr its only going to make things longer, and you agreed to my point anyway so im just gonna leave it there.

Figured who you?
-My|Phone A878 Duo
My C901 Shots flickr
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-08-22 02:26

On 2012-08-21 12:34:50, davidsic wrote:
That's weird what you say here ! The thing i don't understand. You're probably old school but it's your taste.

Well, I might be old school ... I will take it as a compliment but I actually don't like android for several specific reasons , and for the most part is the company behind it, and not the software itself. Before google got it, I was actually a big fan of the android project.

I've had two devices, and there are plenty of them around me (work-friends) so I think I have a pretty objective observation.

I can't get over the Java VM, its adds unnecessary strain to the system, it shouldn't be there. I see android as a "hack job" as in it was rushed out the door by google as a pre-emptive strike against Microsoft, and in a way, it was the fastest way for google to start putting their main biz into people's hands, and that is ads. Its an advertising platform.. to Google you are the product, which they are selling to their real customers, which are advertisers and marketing people. It is what it is, but I don't want to have anything to do with it.

Symbian, at the kernel level, is a much more elegant solution, in fact even more modern in some ways. Its a real-time OS which makes the 808 camera possible at the moment, non of the other OSs out there can support it (in its current form) because non of them are RTOS, and since the computing load from the sensor is split into two (probably 20Mpix to each the GPU and the companion DSP chip) a real-time OS is essential so that both of these essential tasks can be performed at the same time... and even if they (android, iOS, windows NT/CE) were low latency, it still wouldn't work.

Symbian is actually a very cool OS, it just got neglected by its owner is all..and also a lot of people confuse the OS with the UX, which was never a strong point, but seeing what they did with Harmattan on the N9, I don't see why that wouldn't be implemented into Symbian, since both support QT..

Its sad because we will never see the full potential of Symbian, which I think is vast, because now the code base will just sit on some internal Nokia server for years, or even deleted. I wish they would sell/give it away to an independent company and maybe they can continue the work on it. Its a proper mobile OS .. the first one actually, take a look at the history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Symbian

here is a great article on the OS, not the UX..

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=1578523

and here are some more technical info on the kernel itself,

http://www.developer.nokia.co[....]Internals/01._Introducing_EKA2

http://www.developer.nokia.co[....]iki/EPOC_Kernel_Architecture_2

great stuff
[ This Message was edited by: cu015170 on 2012-08-22 01:38 ]
Guarulhos
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-08-22 06:33
That It Is The That The Nikon Has For Present As Competitor Of King Of Cameraphones ???

Effective Pixels - 16.0 megapixels
Sensor Size - 1/2.3" (6.17 x 4.55 mm)
Sensor Type - BSI-CMOS
Camera F-Stop/Aperture - f/3.2/5.8
Focal Length (Equiv.) - 25 – 250 mm
Optical Zoom - 10×
Screen Size - 3.5"
OS Version - Android 2.3 (GingerBread)

P.S: Settings Simpletons... Design Bizarre...Summarizing... A Elephant White !!!

808 PureView It Is With Certainty Better Investment !!!
cu015170
Nokia 808 PureView
PM
Posted: 2012-08-22 07:44
^ the P&S makers know what is coming.. its only a matter of time. I was at the zoo the other day, and 90% of the people I saw taking pictures were either with a DSLR or a smartphone.. there is just no need for a P&S device. There is still some life left in the "super zooms" but that is about it..

Mirrorless/DSLR + a smartphone is the way to go.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 151617 ... 939495  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic