Previous  123 ... 101112 131415  Next
Author Cases for the P990
Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-11-02 21:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@charliest

there are 2 Noreve cases now. The link I gave is for the one I have that has a cut-away for the connector. This case is for use with a flip attached P990, the other case that does not have access to the connector is for use with a P990 without a flip.
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-02 23:00
I've still not come accross a P990i flip open case that has made me say WOW !!! Maybe i'm too fussy?
p9nineo
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-11-03 03:32
Quote:

On 2006-11-02 21:43:09, Jah wrote:
@charliest

there are 2 Noreve cases now. The link I gave is for the one I have that has a cut-away for the connector. This case is for use with a flip attached P990, the other case that does not have access to the connector is for use with a P990 without a flip.

Do you have both the case?
From the picture, the tradition B do look almost the same as the initial case? I think it should be usable with the flip as well.
Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-11-03 08:07
@p9nineo

re: Noreve cases

No I only have the Traditional one, which was the first one to be launched. You right abut the B case, it seems to have a depression in the leather cover to accommodate the extra width created by the flip.
p9nineo
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-11-03 11:29
I am using the Tradition A as well.
Hope someone with Tradition B will give some feedback on it.
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2006-11-04 01:15
are vaja cases not doing any this time for the P990?
gseh88
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-04 03:38
You guys are confusing me with the Noreve Tradition and Tradition B cases. I think you have things the wrong way round. The Tradition case is the one which allows you to leave the flip on and the case cover hinges at the top of the phone. The Tradition B hinges at the bottom and does not have an opening for the connector.

Anyway, I bought the brown Tradition case (along with ones for my M600 and Archos AV500) and am totally disappointed with it (the other cases are not perfect but OK). The main problem is that it simply does not fit! The bits of the case at the front of the P990 do not line up with the phone by about 4 mm which means the front camera, speaker opening and warning light are all obscured by the case. I wrote to Noreve (with photos) about this assuming they would replace my case but instead, all they have offered is a 10 euro discount off my next purchase. What a joke! We're not talking about a slight defect or scratch here so I have turned down their offer but have not heard from them since 31st Oct (I thought I would give them a few days to rectify the situation before posting this). With this sort of attitude towards customer service and quality control I feel I ought to warn you all before you buy a case from Noreve. However, even if the cover did fit there are several problems with its design:

1. The edges of the openings for keyboard and screen have a thick rolled edge which makes pressing the keys at the sides (especially the letter "A") very difficult.
2. The corners of the screen opening are rounded so slightly obscuring the extreme corners of the screen and this, together with the thick edges means you cannot use your finger tip to tap on the task manager and the triangular icon at the bottom left corner (whatever it's called!).
3. The fit of the case is quite loose which means the phone tends to slide partially out of the case when you open it and the case is also bigger than it needs to be (the phone is big enough so I want a tight fit).
4. I now use the case without the flip as leaving it on meant a slight rubbing against the case when the flip was open which made the alignment problem even worse. Maybe if my case was correctly made and didn't have the alignment problem then it wouldn't have this problem either.

To balance my quick review, I would add that good points include good quality leather, nice stitching, and the ability to slot the phone into the original charging/sync base without needing to take the case off.
p9nineo
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-11-04 05:12
do agree there is alignment problem on the front and back camera as well as the speaker.
I need to shift the case slightly down to hear the caller better.
Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-11-04 11:31
@gseh88

agree with the case being a bit loose but I use a BT headset always and stylus so the other issues you raise are not that important for me.

Join the 'dots' and see what happens
deevonn
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2006-11-04 11:49
i agree too, when i use it for video call, i can actually see the leather case on the screen blocking my view .
but i've tried the Piel Frama before and i still think that the noreve one is better,
but i guess nothing is perfect though

i still believe that if Vaja made one for P990i it will be the best one,
but i doubt it as the company is based in the USA and P990i is not so popular down there.
I wish my avatar is an ERICSSON GF 388
NOKIA SUCKS!!!!
charliest
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2006-11-04 18:17
Rats, I ordered the Noreve Tradition case yesterday and just saw the latest comments

I guess the search for the perfect case is similar to the search for perfect firmware upgrade.
p9nineo
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-11-04 18:19
@charliest

which 1 have you ordered?
The Tradition A or the B one?
gseh88
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2006-11-05 03:09
It's sad to see that my alignment problem wasn't a one-off which I assumed it was. That definitely means I'm not going to be spending my 10 euro credit with Noreve! At this point I must confess that point 2 I made regarding not being able to get to some icons with your finger actually applies to my M600 case (also Noreve) - OK, I must have been tired but if you look at the time I posted my comments, I hope you will forgive me!

As for Vaja cases, I love their semi regid i-volution style of case but their normal ones use a horrible shiny leather. I had an i-volution case for my K700 which looked GREAT but again, the speaker grille didn't line up with the phone's speaker and to hear anything I had to push the phone slightly out of the case so that the speaker stuck out in the open. Not exactly convenient but I'd like to think this was just a design oversight as previous cases were outstanding.

In the meantime, the hunt goes on.......
Jah
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2006-11-05 09:26
@gseh88

the quality of fit for cases that cover the whole phone etc from the Krusell and Brando seem to be worst than for Noreve from the comments here. This only leaves the CoverTec as other quality brand that has a case planned. Given that so many cases don't seem perfect perhaps the shape of the P990 and flip open mode are too difficult to design for....
Join the 'dots' and see what happens
aqualung
P990
PM
Posted: 2006-11-07 07:21
Finally got my phone yesterday !

Jah, I agree, the Krusell case is not great, and doesn't fit properly ( I think their quality has gone down a bit since the P910 cases ! )
However I'm using it since it's all I've got right now. The Noreve cases look gorgeous BUT I prefer something that lets me see the screen without opeing the case. A Vaja case would be ideal.

I have ordered a crystal case from brando.hk. Let's hope it fits !
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 101112 131415  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic