Welcome to Esato.com



News Articles:

Technical details:
• Acer beTouch E140
• Apple iPhone
• Apple iPhone 4S
• Apple Iphone 5
• Apple iPhone 5C
• Apple iPhone 5S
• Apple iPhone 6
• Apple iPhone 6 Plus
• Samsung 4G LTE
• Samsung Ativ S
• Samsung Champ Neo Duos GT-C3262
• Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus
• Samsung Galaxy Beam
• Samsung Galaxy Fame
• Samsung Galaxy Fame Duos
• Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9080
• Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082
• Samsung Galaxy Music
• Samsung Galaxy Music Dual
• Samsung Galaxy Nexus
• Samsung Galaxy Note
• Samsung Galaxy Note II
• Samsung Galaxy Pocket
• Samsung Galaxy Premier
• Samsung Galaxy R I9103
• Samsung Galaxy S Advance
• Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562
• Samsung Galaxy S II
• Samsung Galaxy S II LTE
• Samsung Galaxy S II Plus
• Samsung Galaxy S II WiMAX ISW11SC
• Samsung Galaxy S III
• Samsung Galaxy S III Mini
• Samsung Galaxy S4
• Samsung Galaxy W
• Samsung Galaxy Xcover GT-S5690
• Samsung Galaxy Xcover II
• Samsung Galaxy Y Duos
• Samsung Galaxy Y Pro
• Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos
• Samsung Galaxy Young
• Samsung Galaxy Young Duos
• Samsung Google Nexus S I9020
• Samsung Omnia W
• Samsung Rex 60
• Samsung Rex 70
• Samsung Rex 80
• Samsung Rex 90
• Samsung Star 3
• Samsung Star 3 DUOS
• Samsung T-mobile Sidekick 4G
• Samsung Ultra S S7350
• Samsung Wave 3
• Samsung Wave M
• Samsung Wave Y S5380

From the forum:

Samsung to make Apple's next chip


Click to view updated thread with images




Posted by difenbaker
Samsung's set to make Apple's next chip

Updated 11:10 2 Oct 2014
by Sean Keach



New reports suggest Samsung's raring to go with the production of Apple's next smartphone chip.

According to ZDNet, Kim Ki-nam, president of Samsung's semiconductor business, says profits 'will improve positively' once the firm begins making the chips.

It's expected that the Korean firm will kick-off manufacturing proceedings at the end of the year.

Interestingly, the processors this time around will be 14nm, an improvement over the 20nm A8 chips currently in the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

Samsung's not new to making Apple chips, with 30% of the current output made by the firm. The remaining 70% is built by TSMC, a Taiwanese company. The A8 production was a reduction in business for Samsung however, as it was solely responsible for the entire flow of A7 chips that appeared in the iPhone 5S.

The report claims that Samsung has already written up a contract with Apple to create the A9 chip in advance of the next iPhone iteration.

Although Apple's not yet confirmed the iPhone 6 follow-up, it's likely we'll see an iterative improvement like the iPhone 5S or iPhone 4S, rather than an iPhone 7.

We're expecting somewhere between July and September 2015 for the next Apple handset launch.


http://www.t3.com/news/samsungs-set-to-make-apples-next-chip#null


cheers!


Click to view updated thread with images


© Esato.com - From the Esato mobile phone discussion forum