Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > New to Esato? Please read this forum first > Want to upgrade my new T68's software

Author Want to upgrade my new T68's software
Bighamsterneck
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-08-23 07:59
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've been searching around these forums and have been trying to figure out how to upgrade my software for my phone. I just bought my phone and I am a Cingular subscriber here in southern california. I wanted to get screensavers and custom themes, but I'm reading that I have to upgrade my software. Where do I go for this? When checking my service, I'm guessing my phone version is R2D (005). Can someone point me in the right place to get my phone up to date with the software (to a T68i).

Thanks a bunch!
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-08-23 08:08

it's not available in US yet... check this thread: http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=8184&forum=31
Bighamsterneck
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-08-23 08:53
Cytech, when i went to the link, i read that some people sent their phones straight to Ericcson for upgrading...so shouldn't there be some kind of software already available to us in the U.S. to upgrade? Or is sending our phones straight to Sony Ericsson, the only way (besides Rob Weiss).
Cytech
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2002-08-23 09:06
Quote:

On 2002-08-23 08:53, Bighamsterneck wrote:
Cytech, when i went to the link, i read that some people sent their phones straight to Ericcson for upgrading...so shouldn't there be some kind of software already available to us in the U.S. to upgrade? Or is sending our phones straight to Sony Ericsson, the only way (besides Rob Weiss).

well... it can depend on what level of access the servicepoint has... can control which servicepoints has access to which software on the server. So it's quite easy for them to block all US servicepoints from having the MMS upgrade. Have seen some people from US even sending their phone to Europe for upgrade.
StevenCHOU
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-09-07 14:01
Quote:

On 2002-08-23 07:59, Bighamsterneck wrote:
I've been searching around these forums and have been trying to figure out how to upgrade my software for my phone. I just bought my phone and I am a Cingular subscriber here in southern california. I wanted to get screensavers and custom themes, but I'm reading that I have to upgrade my software. Where do I go for this? When checking my service, I'm guessing my phone version is R2D (005). Can someone point me in the right place to get my phone up to date with the software (to a T68i).

Thanks a bunch!

It's also not available in China
but I'm waiting

I'm a new one,nice to meet everybody:)
be cool!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi