Esato

Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > Australians where are you?

Previous  123 4 ... 424344  Next
Author Australians where are you?
JForce
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-02-13 00:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Caff, no it hasn't. I work for SE, so I've had one since November last year. We are looking at releasing it here within the next month..no idea on price yet, but probably about $1900NZish...but dont hold me to that! [addsig]
ifan
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-02-19 07:22
good'ay, mates.

I just changed my old T28 to T68i from Telstra's summer sale. I found that my cell information can't be displayed even after I called SE customer support. The guy said that it is just the way T68i works, it displays the cell information when it exchanges the information with the cell server, like after you turned your cell information off and on ( refresh), or right after you make a call. I was a little disappointed because I get used to having the cell information displayed on my old T28 and use it to see which station I am in when I take a train

Anybody knows how to make the cell information always on the screen of T68i? If I need to update my software, how do I do it?

Ta!
caff
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-02-19 07:53
You just go to message, area info, then select reception, turn it on.....should be able to get call info like area info. However it will have 2 lines on the display, that's why I don't use it !
Jjaks
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-02-22 03:24
gReEtiNgs from Perth!

I hv a question... does anybody know what is the latest firmware version available for T300 here? And which is the best service centre to go to? I'm on the Telstra network...
superunknown
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-02-22 05:39
Hello aussie mates. Been there last 1999. We'll if you guys are advance in internet. I guess some of you knew me. Living legend is mobile internet. Is xpimp here? My best australian mate.

This message was posted from a T68i

baileynash
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-02-22 13:24
Quote:

On 2003-02-22 03:24, Jjaks wrote:
gReEtiNgs from Perth!

I hv a question... does anybody know what is the latest firmware version available for T300 here? And which is the best service centre to go to? I'm on the Telstra network...

Newest Version is R1D. Don't know about service centres in Perth. Phone 1300 650 050 and ask SE for the information. They got awsome customer care, I have nver waited in a cue for them.
Jjaks
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-02-23 10:13
thanks mate!
Jjaks
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-02-26 10:06
Hi everyone!

For those interested, the latest firmware version for T300 is R1G... and it's available right here in Perth! I'm with Telstra, so I'm sending my mobile to the Telstra shop I got it from (any will do actually) to get it upgraded...

Any other enquiries, call 1800 898 898
benjamingreenau
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-02-26 11:13
Quote:

On 2003-02-19 07:22, ifan wrote:
good'ay, mates.

I just changed my old T28 to T68i from Telstra's summer sale. I found that my cell information can't be displayed even after I called SE customer support. The guy said that it is just the way T68i works, it displays the cell information when it exchanges the information with the cell server, like after you turned your cell information off and on ( refresh), or right after you make a call. I was a little disappointed because I get used to having the cell information displayed on my old T28 and use it to see which station I am in when I take a train

Anybody knows how to make the cell information always on the screen of T68i? If I need to update my software, how do I do it?

Ta!

Hi!!!! I am from sydney and did the same thing!!! T28->T100->T68i
and as for the cell information - i dont think telstra provides it. i know optus does and i got optus cell info on my phone. to turn it on anyway: Messages:Area Info:Reception:On AND Messages:Area Info:Cell Information:On

thats all ic an suggest. GO OZ!!!!! (also harvey norman has the HBH-60 (399.95) and P800 (1599.00) on pre-order for mar14)
Only time can define the sanity remaining - J. Koke
hurny
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-02-27 09:15
G'day- Perth boy here.
I have the pleasure of owning a 6510 at the moment. Should be content for the time being.

I'm looking for a WAP site that will work in Australia to download logos/ringtones. All the ones I've seen seem to be for 'UK only' or some other country.

Have fun mates!!

Josh
Bogus Jimmy
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-03-02 14:15
Another Aussie in da house! Adelaide to be precise. I love my T68m(i) to bits even thought its been giving me the cold treatment lately (freezing a lot), maybe I should be nicer to it? It's true that Australians take up new technology comparatively quickly, but it takes so long for new stuff to reach us! And in terms of infrastructure for things like broadband, I think its coz we are so spread out around the edge of a huge island that it takes so long for thigs like broadband etc to get connected.

I'm with Telstra just coz it seems like they offer the new services a bit quicker than Optus, Vodafone etc, and I'm the kinda person who has to have that kinda stuff straight away. (I end up being able to send MMSs but I dont know anyone else with an MMS enabled phone!) Another thing that sucks about Oz is that if you wanna buy cool stuff from the net (like a T68i face plate for my T68m) then you have to double the US dollars then add a huge postage! Why can't there be companies in Australia that import all that kinda stuff quickly! Oh well.... I'll just keep saving for my P800....

[addsig]
HellBound
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2003-03-08 09:47

And yet another aussie from melb i just got my self the SE T100
so far so good the only
thing is i just cant seem to find any good ringtones

Rotavap
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-03-12 10:56
Hi Perth boys - Hurny, Jjaks... Have something to ask from you.

Just checking which provider is better in terms of coverage and GPRS charges - Optus or Telstra? These are the only partners my service provider has roaming agreements w/. How much are the GPRS charges there? Ill be coming over there 1st week of April Any info is well appreciated. Thanks!
callum
K750
PM
Posted: 2003-03-15 08:01
telstra is pretty good but you don't get gprs (or at least i can't) if you get a prepaid sim card,if you get a contract i think you can use gprs.i recomend optus if you want to talk at night for really cheap costs but telstra and optus are mostly the same
K750i kicks ass! (i'm bones and the fisting machine)

"i remember that for 100 years we have fought these.....*machines*"
"the machines are tunneling to avoid our defence systems" lol
Rotavap
T68i mineral
PM
Posted: 2003-03-15 09:27
@Callum - thanks for the info... I will use my local sim card and choose which provider has the widest reach and inexpensive GPRS charges. You have any idea? I think the free rates will not apply to international roaming arrangement. Thanks mate!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 424344  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic