Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sony Ericsson S600 discussion

Author Sony Ericsson S600 discussion
vanquish
V600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-13 10:05
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Singapore – The new Sony Ericsson S600, launched today, will undoubtedly appeal to the unashamedly expressive youth audience. Packed with features to enhance the lifestyles of those who live their lives to the fullest, the S600 is unique, delivering maximum fun and excitement in an ultra stylish package.

”The Sony Ericsson S600 offers a maxed out feature set to satisfy the daring fun-seekers,” says says Jan Wareby, Corporate Executive, Vice President and Head of Sales and Marketing of Sony Ericsson. “We have gone all out to provide excellent communication including Internet browsing, great music with stereo speakers, sensational widescreen gaming, quality still imaging and video capturing and loads of personalization options. The phone will appeal to young adults with busy social lives and a desire to express themselves in multiple ways.”

The S600 offers multiple ways of communication for maximum creativity to share messages, pictures and information. Voice calls can be made with the phone closed or open to use the keypad. The 1.3 MegaPixel camera is great for recording video clips - with 4 x zoom for great close-ups - that can be sent via MMS or Bluetooth. Sharing, storing and printing pictures is made easy with QuickShare™. The phone also supports instant messaging and POP3/IMAP4 email, enabling users to keep in touch across the world using whatever method is most convenient.

Gigs, movie schedules, search engines and webmail can easily be checked with the internet browser that features a choice of viewing modes: full scale mode enables users to scroll round the complete page, or if preferred, information can be presented in a single column. Either way, the bright 1.8 inch 262K TFT display provides razor sharp pictures.

Gamers will be stunned by the S600's widescreen mode. For the first time games can be played with the screen horizontal, enhancing the widescreen detail and excitement of games and giving a console gaming experience. The directional buttons on the left and dedicated game action buttons on the right of the screen are used for two handed control, and gamers can make full use

of these with the pre-installed 3D versions of Worms™ Forts: Under Siege 3D developed by THQ Wireless, Extreme Air Snowboarding™ developed by Digital Chocolate and a new multiplayer version of Midway's Gauntlet™, developed under license by TKO Software. Games can also be played in a more conventional portrait mode or an L-shaped mode using the keyboard and the S600 supports multi-player peer-2-peer gaming via Bluetooth™.

Stereo sound can be enjoyed through the headset packaged with the phone or with friends through the phone's powerful stereo speakers with MegaBass™ and Stereo Widening™ to enhance the sound. The S600 is supplied with music copying PC Software and a USB cable for fast transfer of music and images from the PC. If a call comes in when the user is listening to music on the headphones, the music fades out and resumes when the call is finished. As the ringtone sounds through the headphone, the chances of missing a call are minimised.

Downloading games and ringtones is easy with PlayNow™ - just one click to get online, preview games or listen to ringtones from a frequently updated selection, then another click to download.

The S600 has an impressive 64 MB memory, which means it can download and store hundreds of games, movie clips, music videos and ringtones from Sony Ericsson's Fun & Downloads website or operator networks.

There are plenty of ways to personalise the S600, which is available in universe blue, orchid white and radiant yellow. Choose a different colour from the range of additional Style-Up™ covers available in the market and match them with wallpapers, themes and start-up/close-down animations downloaded from Fun & Downloads . There's no reason to ever get bored with this stylish, fun phone.

The S600 will be available at the beginning of the 4th quarter 2005.

The S600 will come in the following editions:
S600i Triple Band 900/1800/1900 MHz
S600c Triple Band 900/1800/1900 MHz for Mainland China

SPECS:

Triband GSM 900/1800/1900
Exchangeable covers and 3 main body colors (Universal Blue, Orchid White, Radiant Yellow)
TFT 1.8" 176x220 pixel 262k color screen
1.3 megapixel camera with 4x digital zoom and flashlight
Full screen video recording and viewing
Bluetooth
Infrared
USB
MP3/AAC Player
2 integrated stereo speakers with MegaBass and StereoWidening ลำโพง2ตัว
Stereo headphones included
Radio FM with RDS
40-tone polyphonic ringtones
64mb internal memory
Java MIDP 2.0 and 3D games
OMA DRM phase 1
Preinstalled games: Worms Fronts, Ander Siege 3D, Extreme Air Snowboarding and Midway’s Gauntlet Multiplayer
Access Netfront HTML browser
GPRS class 10
Release date: Q3 2005
Price: 325€

More details later on in the day.

www.se-nse.com
www.sonyericsson.com/communicasia

This is fantastic! Just what i wanted, and we have good memory too! [addsig]
Superluminova
K610 red
PM
Posted: 2005-06-13 10:33
I do really like the style of the s-series phones and i like the new loop antenna but i only wish the were thinner!

But it looks like an ok middle class phone all the same
OBEY GAINT
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-13 10:35
Its really just a S700 made a little bit smaller and with stereo speakers. As long as the price is right it could do well.
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-06-13 10:35
excellent changeable covers and radio which is what i have wanted in phones for ages

mustafabay
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-13 10:36
It also looks like my next phone

It doesn't seem to many people are interseted in the new phones.
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-13 10:38
Quote:

On 2005-06-13 10:35:16, miss copperfield wrote:
excellent changeable covers and radio which is what i have wanted in phones for ages

Great to have changeable covers again but we have had radios in lots of se phones lately.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
Shaunkii
W550 red
PM
Posted: 2005-06-13 10:38
wwwwwwwwwoooooooooowwwwwwww!!!!!

now who said 32 MB memory?

its 64 MB!

yay!

[ This Message was edited by: Shaunkii on 2005-06-13 09:40 ]
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-06-13 10:40
yes but none in phones that i actually like that much

i like the idea of changeable covers i usually keep a phone longer if it has that option
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-13 10:41
I wud love to see a phone as thin as the the v3 razor.
Super G
T68i
PM
Posted: 2005-06-13 10:44
No memory card?!?
billy
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-06-13 10:44
does it support external memory card?
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2005-06-13 10:47
peter kay that would be great

it would wipe out the other manufacturers
PeterKay
W995 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-13 10:48
true miss, need a thin phone - its about time
Swedish_Chef
G900 Brown
PM
Mm problably because there is no memorystick
Choy100
K750
PM
Quote:

On 2005-06-13 10:41:35, PeterKay wrote:
I wud love to see a phone as thin as the the v3 razor.

Just get your hands on the classic T28. It was just as thin, or at least very close to it.

As for these new phones, I personally don't like them that much. But I can see that they have obvious market segments they are targetted at. These S-class phones are just too thick at the moment. Just as someone mentioned earlier, I'd wish they could make them thinner soon.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic