Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K750: Can't remove battery cover

Previous  12
Author K750: Can't remove battery cover
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2005-06-10 12:50
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've had problems getting mine off too, but i find pressing down hard onto the end of the cover which has the little clips that fit under the camera shutter usually opens it up really easy.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
JT
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-10 12:53
I dont know where you people get your phones from but I have had no problem with mine.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2005-06-10 12:56
Ive always been able to get mine off sure, but its just a little harder than previous phones.

The K750i has more of a locking mechanism to the back cover than previous phones.

Btw, mines a UK handset.
hopdylan
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-06-10 12:58
I think what most people are referring to is when paper has been put into the phone to stop creaking - when nothing has been inserted the cover is very easy to remove
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2005-06-10 13:00
No, many people have reported the battery cover is difficult to remove from day one.

Some people couldnt even get the battery cover off for the first time when they originally bought the phone and wanted to put their sim card and battery in to charge it.
iom_dave
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-10 13:37
To remove the cover don't push down where the clip, instead gently slide off the cover while squeezing the the black plastic just above the shutter button and on the other side just above and the right of the card slot. This make the main bit of the black plastic flex a little allowing the door to slide much more easily off
josh_watson
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-10 16:42
Yeah, my old crashing K750i did this too - if you press down on the phone body just inside + above where the two clips go in (in line with the silver camera edges), the back comes off.

I took the phone back - it counts as faulty (and it crashed too). New one doesn't have that issue, doesn't seem to crash (yet!).
dhdh
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2019-12-28 15:26
Simple solution to remocing stuck battery. The thing to know is that the cover has a "lip" which clicks into place when it is first closed. That is the problem. I think the body of the phone might get warped - from sitting on or whatever - so that it won't release the cover. Take a sharp object - say a screwdriver. Hold the point over the cover , pointing it dead centre of the line where it meets the body. Give it hard bang. Or two. Don''t overdo it. Youl'll find the cover then slips right off. You may have to do this every time, depends.... Anyway, worked forrepeatedly, so good luck. A great little phone.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi