Esato

Forum > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > "Cheap" MMS with Netcom

Author "Cheap" MMS with Netcom
laffen
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2002-08-13 15:35
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Digi.no reports today that Netcom will charge NOK 5 (EUR 0,67) for sending a MMS messages. This is exactly half the price of the NOK 10 that Telenor has promised. None of the two main operators in Norway have started to change for the service yet, but Telenor start doing so on September 1st. Telenor have been testing MMS for almost 6 month, and it has been free (except GPRS data transfer) for their customer to use. Customers of Netcom will be able to start testing MMS in the beginning of October.

Telenor’s heavy MMS pricing have been discussed a lot in the media lately and many predicted that they would have to lower the price if they wanted customers to use this new service. Because Netcom's now is offering the same service for half the price, Telenor will be forced to do the same Competition is a good thing

The 10-kroner price tag from Telenor was probably never intended to be real. I talked to someone working for Djuice (Telenor’s SMS,WAP,MMS portal) earlier this year, and they agreed that the price was set too high. But one thing that they pointed out was that it’s much easier to send out a press release about a price reduction than a price increase.
Raven
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-08-13 19:24
It's still too much I think! And what's up with Netcom beeing so far behind in releasing MMS!? Well, atleast they've finally done something about the 3Kb gateway limit...
I on NETCOM
carpe noctem
Raven
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-08-13 19:32
And there isn't really any serious competition between the tele operators in Norway.... Prices are still waaaay too high
carpe noctem
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi