Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > K750i - Standby Crash

Previous  123 456 ... 101112  Next
Author K750i - Standby Crash
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 19:46
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
the standby crash problem, does anyone know if sony ericsson are working on this bug at the moment to fix it? anyone who has reported this bug to sony ericsson, have they said anything, if they are working on resolving the issue???
gromit77
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 20:48
Well this is just crap isn't it. My phone has now frozen 3 times in the past 10 hours. And for the 8th time in 3 days.

Wondeful phone besides that, so disapointed. I bought it from Germany at a bargain price to beat the crowds in the UK and now I have to mess around sending it all the way back and trying to get a refund.

This is very poor from Ericsson. Very poor indeed.

Neil
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 21:16
gromit77 feel sorry for you. i got mines from cpw last saturday, unbranded but on the voda network, i had no probs at all with it, untill thursday when the camera started showing me blue dots and lines in the screen and the video mode started buzzing a motor type sound on me. i got my replacement from cpw on thur, then friday morning i experienced my 1st ever screen freeze on standby, this is the main problem most people have been talking about, so today i went and got another new k750i, now i shall see how this one goes for me.
swol
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 23:27
Hi, I have tried the sleep clock, brightness, master reset (which lost the extra software on da phone). phone SE and loggin a fault with orange. All of which have had no effect. it still crashes!!!!!.

there is the usual but. It crashes if its not busy. I have found if it is connected to your computer or a bluetooth device or is playing music even with the sound off it does not crash. This is with it also entering sleep mode which doing these things. I am trying to get an answer out of orange.

I have had me phone crash within a 5mins etc and each time I have had to take the batt out. I have had it for a week and bit so far. I like the features (apart from crash/freezing). SE said that firmware updates are normally realised a couple of months after the handset.

If anyone has any other ideas on stopping da freeze good as this method is not that good for battery life
Max Power
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 23:35
I have tried many, many things. Nothing has worked. This week I will return the phone for a new one, and hope that the new one doesn't crash. I do not think there is any other solution.
Killhippie
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-06-05 01:39
This is the reply i recieved from SE about the standbye crash.Guess we have to grin and bare it folks.

Thank you for contacting the Sony Ericsson Call Centre.

With regards to your enquiry, if your phone hangs, try to press and hold the On/Off button. If this does not help, remove the battery, insert it again, and restart the phone.

If this does not solve the problem, or if the problem occurs again, please contact your local dealer or a Sony Ericsson service location.

As the Sony Ericsson K750i has only just been released there is not a firmware upgrade currently available. If your phone was supplied by a network operator it will most likely be a customised software version in which your network may have a software upgrade themselves.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again for further help and support.

Read the small print!
Phantom
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-05 02:11
it really sounds like it's just a firmware problem, and with the next update should be fixed, i hope.
oXy
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-05 02:51
same problem here, norwegian phone locked to netcom, the phone hangs about 2-3 times a day. This always happens in standby when left unatended for some hours. Also i noticed the screen lights up every now and then loosing network and then coming back to life after about half a minute or so searching for network.

I dont belive that this problem is sim related as i got a new sim together with the brand new k750i. My guess is we live with these problems for a while and hope that se will post a good firmware really soon.

Phantom
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-05 03:03
Do any of you guys have the K750i ASIAN version locking up? It might not have anything to do with it, but then again it may have everything to do with it.
SL33PYH34D
P990
PM
Posted: 2005-06-05 03:38
Personally I don't think its a firmware problem at all - afterall there is probably just as many people - if not more - who have experienced no problems at all (I have not had one crash in the last week, or even since hacing the phone) I have no creaking with the casing and none of the problems others have reported).
I am starting to think there is a faulty batch going around, since people either seem to have lots of problems (creaking case, crashes) or none at all.
Guessing the only fix is likely to be a replacement phone if you are having these problems (and in fact some people around here appear to have done this and the replacement is not having any problems).
As juming
asked earlier in the thread is there any way to identify specific batches or manufacturing dates on the K750i?
Klorin
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2005-06-05 06:33
@oXy
I also live in Norway and have NetCom as a provider. Mine never locked up.. had it for a week and 4 days now. Mine is locked to NetCom though. I dont think this is a sw problem either. I think you should replace it.
Bart.w
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-06-05 12:21
The only problem i have so far is the standby crash. Since thursday 4 times. Like said before it seems to crash after a couple of hours left unattendend. Mostly in the night
Itīs the only problem i have, no cracky back and the other shit. Phone is sim free. Now i use the screensaver, hopefully that works against the standby crash...
Tr3v
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-06-05 12:45
Hi,

I'm experiencing this problem too, my phone is on UK Orange:
R1A044
prgCXC1250036_EU_3_C L R1A044

Customisation
CDA 102338/12 R23A
cxc 125953 R1A044
1EOW
Orange_Gen

Content Version
PA16

Mine has crashed a couple of times during the day and the last 2 nights. I did try setting the alarm friday night and it crashed, didn't set the alarm last night & it still crashed!

I've turned the clock off, animated screen saver off, static background, brightness 90%.

Hope there's a fw update soon!!
K750i
procterdc
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-05 12:59
Hi I have a k750 too and until two days ago mine kept crashing. Its playing nice at the moment. But for the last two days, I haven't put it on silent mode...(whereas i usually do at night)

Tell me, when all yours freeze in standby...is it on silent?

Apparantly you can take your k750 to an authorised SE dealer and they can flash it!?!

Any more info on this would be helpful

Ta
cloysterpete5
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-06-05 13:05
Mine has never froze in standby, would be surprised if it did that as i've never had a phone do that. I've had it crash twice while using bluetooth to transfer stuff, once when I walked off to answer the door while it was connecting to my pc, the second while just starting to send a pic over. Apart from that it's all been peachy, had it since the 2nd June.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 456 ... 101112  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic