Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Add K750 to iSync in Mac OS X 10.3 Panther and 10.4 Tiger

Previous  123 45 ... 131415  Next
Author Add K750 to iSync in Mac OS X 10.3 Panther and 10.4 Tiger
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 12:21
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've just done a complete re-install of Mac OS X 10.4 to try to determine what my K750 syncing problem is. I thought it could be a botched installation or damaged iSync app or even a third-party bit of software. Anyway, it made no difference whatsoever.

The phone pairs ok from the computer. It asks to use it with iSync, synchronise contacts and calendars, access the internet and use as a remote control. I say 'Yes' to all except 'use internet'.

The phone acknowledges the connection and iSync opens up and the phone appears in the window. I then tell it to 'reset the device' on the first sync (not merge data) and click Sync Devices.

It connects to the phone ok and puts up the following messages below the progress bar:

Resetting "Jools K750i" contacts...
Receiving changes...
Resetting "Jools K750i" Calendars...
Receiving changes...

Then at that point it pauses for quite a while and eventually puts up a dialog box saying:

"The connection was lost while talking to the device. Device "Jools K750i syncronization failed."

The phone however, still thinks it is syncronizing and the progress bar and animation are still going on the phone's screen.

I hit Cancel on the phone and it says "Session Interrupted"

If I then press "Sync Devices" again in the iSync window I get the following error:

"Cannot connect to the device. Can't connect to channel on device (server might be down). Device 'Jools K750i syncronization failed'."

I then have to turn the phone off and on again before I can get back to the original error message.

Even if I disable Calendar syncing it stops at the "receiving changes" part of the process.

This is really very annoying. I'm going to try it on a mates computer tomorrow to see if that makes any difference.
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 12:38
Hey JoolsG4

Try this. Leave the phone in discoverable. I had to do this with my k700 and it worked.

If you have a chat client, send me a PM with your details, and we can maybe work this in realtime. I have a few, and I mean few ideas that might make this work. I use MSN, iChat, and Yahoo, so feel free.

*edited on a Mac PowerBook, of course*

[ This Message was edited by: sapporobaby on 2005-05-29 11:40 ]
mustu
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-29 13:35
guys i need to isync my contacts.I am using a G4 power book 15 inches with os 10.3.9
please can you help me out as I am pretty new to macs
Thanks
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 13:37
@Mustu,

I hope you have read this entire thread. You have not provided any information about if you are having a problem, if your Mac even sees your phone, even if it is paired, etc....

Makes it a bit hard to help you. First start by reading the thread from the beginning and then come back with a complete question about your problem and then we can see if we can help out.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
tazmania
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 16:14
guys im sure u wont find any solution to Jools's problem.

i had the exact same problem !!!!

im guessing theres some problem with the .plist file !!!

whats weird is that mine just worked accidentally after a restart and after that has been working perfectly !!!!

Jools: i suggest u remove anything to have to do with the K750 on ur mac.

reboot ur k750 turn on bluetooth and then reboot ur mac.
then, try to send a pic or something to ur phone. if it works, add ur phone through bluetooth setup assistant and then it should open isync. sync ur k750... i hope it works !

PS: I URGE ALL MAC USES TO GO TO http://www.apple.com/feedback/isync.html
and send feedback to apple about isync. i have done it, and ive requested that they update iSync once a month so that all phones are supported !!!!

sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 16:38
I agree with you there for sure as SE will be releasing new phones within the next few months and we will all be back here again, looking for solutions.

I also recommend that posters to this thread please READ the thread first and then post complete questions and provide as much info as possible. Simple posts like: "please help me to sync or I have a problem" are useless in finding a resolution to the issue we are having. Also, it might be a good idea to head over the to Apple site and see what is going on in the iSync thread over there as well.

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
skip
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-31 17:38
This address: http://lindmark.net/technical/osx/isync-k750i/ doesn't work. So, I would be oh so happy if someone could please explain to me how to sync my k750i. I have a iBook G4, OS 10.3.9, no bluetooth. The phone shows up as an external unit when I connect it with the usb-cabel, but iSync can't locate it. All help is greatly appricated.
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-31 18:01
The reason it doesn't work for you is because you don't have Bluetooth. You can only sync phones with Macs over Bluetooth.

Get yourself a USB Bluetooth Adapter and as well as iSync you'll also benefit from all the other cool things you can do over Bluetooth. Remote controlling your Mac for one...
whentheleveebreaks
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-31 19:24
Just to note, i did the little hack thing to get isync to work with my powerbook, initially it worked perfectly, but when i plugged my k750 into my powerbook i had 2 kernal panics. The next day my mac was totally dead/ I had no previous problems with it. It might not have caused the problem, but just wanted to warn epople it might not be perfect. I lost everything on my computer - totally has to wipe the HD, was very very annoying
gilliano
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-31 20:17
I have a problem syncing my k750. I am using Mac G4 running 10.4.1
I can browse the device via the Bleutooth satus in the menu bar and it does pair.

This is the message i get after syncing:
An unexpected exception occured while synchronizing the device.
Device "K750i" synchronization failed

I tried all the above (restarting, re-installing the plst file. etc)

This is the log i get via bleutooth/devices

Device Name: K750i

Device Address: 00-0f-de-9b-f5-39
Device Type: Phone
Device Services: , OBEX SyncML Client, Dial-up Networking, Serial Port, HF Voice Gateway, HS Voice Gateway, OBEX Object Push, OBEX File Transfer, OBEX IrMC Sync Server, Mouse & Keyboard

Paired: Yes
Configured: Yes
Favorite: Yes
Connected: No
Serial Port: Yes
gilliano
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-31 20:23
i also tried to reset the device in isync now i get this message " Cannot connect to the device. Can't connect to channel on device (Server might be down)
Device "K750i" synchronization failed
"
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-31 20:30
It seems that many to most are having a problem with the k750. Are they all branded or unbranded?

gilliano
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-31 22:33
My k750 is not branded. I find it very strange that i can browse the content of the phone but it seems impossible to sync it

[ This Message was edited by: gilliano on 2005-05-31 21:35 ]
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-31 22:42
People that are having problems syncing contacts to the K750, remember that as a workaround until Apple fix it you can drag vCards from Address Book to the desktop, then send them to the phone via Bluetooth File Exchange.

I've yet to discover a successful way of getting my Calendars onto the phone though.
gilliano
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-31 23:23
this is interesting! I found out i can sync my adresses but not my ical. I just turned it of in isync.
Now i just need to find a way to sync my calenders
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 131415  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic