Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Add K750 to iSync in Mac OS X 10.3 Panther and 10.4 Tiger

Previous  123 4 ... 131415  Next
Author Add K750 to iSync in Mac OS X 10.3 Panther and 10.4 Tiger
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-28 20:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

When i pair the phone its seems to be working but i can not send files to the phone. I sync finds the phone but as soon as the phone asks if it is ok to open up to the computer it just stops. Could not sync to k750i...

When you say "send files to the phone", do you mean the Contacts and Calendars through iSync?

When the phone asks if the computer cam access it, do you click "Yes".

What error message comes up?

In the iSync window underneath the progress bar, what text appears last?

In iSync, go to Window > Sync Log and see what messages appear there.

The best thing to do first is to delete all pairings from the phone, and from Bluetooth System Preferences, and delete the handset from the iSync window (Devices > Remove Device).

Also, go into (your Home folder)/Library/Phones and delete your K750 from there too if its there.

Then start again with the pairing process but initiate the pairing from the phone not the Mac.

Post back with any further info, error messages etc.
mak_attack
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-05-28 20:40
hi,

i am quite new to 'advanced' phones. i have had a basic nokia for past few years.

why do people sync with their computers? what new opportunites arise from hooking your k750i to your computer?

i mainly use the phone for calling/texting/mp3/video/camera and am interested in other benefits.

sorry for being a bit of a newbie

thanks,
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-05-28 21:00
Syncing with a phone (especially on a Mac) means your phone and computer are always up-to-date with the same information. That could be phone numbers, addresses, URLs, appointments, birthdays, reminders, tasks etc.

Often its easier to enter such information on a computer and then transfer it to the phone. It also means you always have a backup of the info on your phone in case anything ever happened to it.

Many people use their phones nowadays as personal organisers. Its an easy way of carrying around lots of important information in an electronic form.

You can also send and receive text messages from a Mac via your phone, and backup SMSs once your phone memory is full.
mak_attack
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-05-28 21:04
thank you JoolsG4 for your reply.

its basically adding 'pda' type info to your phone.

this could be handy as i prefer adding things on computer due to it being quicker.

this could come in handy for various info being added.

i will try the program out on mac osx

thanks,
EG
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-28 22:50
Thank you for taking time with me and my problem. When i pair the phone it is not possible to open the phone to download pictures or sound as i done with my k700i. I can see the window that looks like a browser. But i get a message that it is not possible to connect do i want to try again? Works fine with my k700 though. My problem is that it is hard to explain to you as my system is in swedish.

I think i have tried all your advices but will give it another try tomorrow.

Again thank you for your help.
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-28 23:56
@EG

Maybe you can write the problem down in Swedish. I can understand a bit and my wife is Finnish and can speak Swedish, so maybe we can translate things to get a better idea what is not happening.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
tazmania
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 00:31
hej EG...

theres no actual solution to your problem.

from what ur sayin i understood that u used 'Browse Device...' from the bluetooth menu but it wouldnt connect.

i had the same problem with you tried installing again and again but didnt help.

and then once, i had to restart the computer and when i tried again it worked perfectly fine.

so i suggest you restart your computer, and hope it works!!!

PS: any1 having kernel panics in Tiger when using the USB cable and disconnecting it ???
Yazan24
K750
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-05-29 00:41
So it still doesnt work for cable?
-Kamikaze-
Esato- The first Biased Sony Ericsson Forums
MP3 Ringtones? Oh yeah Laffen killed them.
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 01:02
Quote:

On 2005-05-29 00:41:49, Yazan24 wrote:
So it still doesnt work for cable?

What "it" still doesn't work for cable?

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 01:15
I do not get kernel panics but my PB stops responding once I dismount the v800. Apple has to fix this.

EG
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 11:09
Hello again! I have tried everything again today. Starting over, restarts and deleting. Sometimes i get the phone to browse device after restart but not always... This is the synclogg from isync (in swedish)

söndag 29 maj 2005 10.56.11
Kan inte ansluta till enheten. Kan inte ansluta till kanal på enhet (servern kan vara nere)
Synkroniseringen för enheten "Enzo K750i" misslyckades

I think it translates more or less to: Can not connect to the unit. Can not connect to channel on unit (the server can be down). Sync for unit "Enzo K750i" failure.

Maybe it is time to give up? This is my first time asking for help in a forum it is great. Thank you all.
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 11:18
@EG

Try this. Delete all pairings. Remove the phone. If you have another BT device, try to connect this and see if it is working with your Mac. If so, delete this and then try to pair again but let the phone do it.

tazmania
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 11:24
he has the same problem as i had.
i got the exact same error with isync and i couldnt browse the device, neither send anything to it !!!

i don what happened and it got fixed.
basically i just restarted one day and it was working!!!

and i know there wasnt any problem with my bluetooth since i had my bluetooth mouse paired to it all the time!!!
EG
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 11:50
Thanks Sapporobaby. Tried your advice but there is no change. The last few restarts it has not even been possible to browse the device anymore. I will just have to wait for it to fix itself. It is important to know when you have been beaten, is it not?

Thank you all. Maybe it is time to buy a new PB:)

Enzo from Sweden.
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-05-29 11:58
Hello EG

I have not have any problems. I am using a v800, s700i and they both work perfectly. My wife's Nokia 6680 even connects fine with my PB. Wish I could do more to help you.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 131415  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic