Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Add K750 to iSync in Mac OS X 10.3 Panther and 10.4 Tiger

Previous  123 ... 91011 ... 131415  Next
Author Add K750 to iSync in Mac OS X 10.3 Panther and 10.4 Tiger
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-07 21:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@WirelessMonkey

This is basically the same as the 1st post of this thread. However, I have since found a better way of doing this that doesn't require modifying the iSync application with proper phone plugins that live in the ~/Library folder. See my post a few above for details, or check out http://mobile.feisar.com/
Carl_Stasiak
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-08 09:50
This still isn't working for me, I've tried everything, I can browse my phone and upload and download images, themes, etc. But I can not get isync to work, I've tried the above and it didn't work.

Any ideas?
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-08 10:19
Carl, have you done all the recommended deleting pairings from Mac & phone, restarting Mac & phone, deleting all previously mentioned .plist files etc. and started again from scratch?
WirelessMonkey
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-08 10:45
Dear JoolsG4

DANGER - there is a danger in using the file posted on http://mobile.feisar.com/ in that this bloke has only provided for the K750i and deleted ALL other devices. I use a K700, S700 and a V3, which means that is I used this bloke's file I'd remove all synching for all other devices except the K750i. Please be very careful about using this file. The one I posted at http://www.wirelessmonkey.co.za/iSync.zip just adds the K750i and K600i to the file. It doesn't affect any other devices that for now have no issue with iSync.

Cool dudes!
To ensure that I get your response plse priv message me.
http://www.wirelessmonkey.co.za
For Apple/Sony Ericsson resources plse visit http://www.wirelessmonkey.co.za/sonyericsson
Carl_Stasiak
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-08 11:34
Yes, i was a little unsure on 7) copied the PhonePlugins folder in ~/Library

But as far as I know I did everything right, it's weird, sometimes it could sync with this device other times it said it could but justed hanged, I must admit I never got the option to merge data like a did the very first time. Although I did delete .plist files. I've also tried both other options as mentions above, hope it has broke everything else as I've also go a T68i.

Would that be an option, can I sync the T68i phone up and then use that to sync my K750i?
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-08 11:59
@ WirelessMonkey

"This bloke" you mention is actually me! There is NO DANGER using my file - it is a 'plug-in' - it adds support for the K750i, it doesn't replace any files in the iSync application, unlike your solution (which is exactly the same as the first solution I posted in this thread!). Neither does it remove support for any existing phones.

You obviously don't understand the concept of 'plug-ins'.

Your solution IS potentially dangerous however, because you are modifying the actual iSync application. It is very easy to mess up the iSync application if anything goes wrong editing the package.

My solution is the official way Apple have devised for adding phone support via plug-ins. It does not change the iSync application. It does not replace any original files. And, if it doesn't work for some you, just delete the PhonePlugin, no editing of the iSync app required.

The reason there is no other phone information in my plug-in file is because there shouldn't be - it adds the K750i to the already existing phones supported by iSync.

Please don't post misleading information before checking the facts.

Your 'solution' is just the same as the original solution I posted over two weeks ago and you're claiming it to be something you found! I've since worked-out the proper way to add support for phones in iSync using PhonePlugins. This is the official way Apple have provided for third-parties to add support to iSync for specific individual devices. Apple do not recommend 'hacking' the iSync application.

Also, WirelessMonkey, you are asking people to use your method which you admit in your first post, you haven't even tested yourself!! I, and many others here, and on the Apple Discussion boards and other web-sites, have been using both the solutions I've posted for over two weeks!

[ This Message was edited by: JoolsG4 on 2005-06-08 12:01 ]
Carl_Stasiak
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-08 13:20
Jools do I just copy the PhonesPlugins folder you supplied then into user library to get this to work then? And should a download the original isync again and replace my one which has been modified?

Cheers for your help, it's so annoying as it will really help me out syncing up.
mikecooper
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-08 14:23
Is there any reason this won't work if the phone is a K750i (on the Orange network), rather than a straight K750? I raced out and picked up my new phone today but can't get this to work. I can pair the phone with the Mac but it tells me that iSync (2, on Tiger) doesn't recognise it.

I've tried pairing from the Mac, deleting the pairing on the phone and pairing from there too. I've also tried deleting the .plist file and dropping a fresh copy in instead.

Please, any ideas?
mikecooper
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-08 14:23
Is there any reason this won't work if the phone is a K750i (on the Orange network), rather than a straight K750? I raced out and picked up my new phone today but can't get this to work. I can pair the phone with the Mac but it tells me that iSync (2, on Tiger) doesn't recognise it.

I've tried pairing from the Mac, deleting the pairing on the phone and pairing from there too. I've also tried deleting the .plist file and dropping a fresh copy in instead.

Please, any ideas?
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-08 15:10
@Carl, you should put the PhonePlugins folder in the main Library folder, not the users Library. And yes, re-install an un-modified version of the iSync application from your original Tiger install DVD using Pacifist. (Or click here to download.)

@Mike, these iSync plug-ins and .plist hacks seem to work for some, partially for others and not at all for the rest. So far, there seems to be no pattern to it. I think we're going to have to wait for an official update from Apple for 100% support. Hopefully this will come in 10.4.2 in the next week or so.

Until then, I can only suggest you try different combinations of all the suggestions from this thread. Different combinations work for different people. Deleting all the Bluetooth and iSync .plist files is the key for most people, however.

For myself, I didn't get it working until I made the PhonePlugin. And even now it doesn't sync Calendars and deletes contacts edited on the Mac from the phone!

[ This Message was edited by: JoolsG4 on 2005-06-08 14:14 ]
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-06-08 16:40
Hey Jools,

I have some more testing info for you. My wife, a Finn, has a brand new Nokia 6680. iSync will not even look at this phone even though it is paired with my Mac. This is truly an iSync issue. Second, I got an error saying "iSync does not recognize this device" or something along those lines. Hopefully the next version of Tiger will fix this issue. I would say that the issue is related more to iSync than the phone.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-08 16:47
Have you seen this hint?. Maybe you can modify that Nokia 9300 PhonePlugin for your wife's phone?
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-06-08 16:50
No need. Her Nokia will NEVER sync with my precious.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
WirelessMonkey
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-08 18:40
HI guys - it's nasty little MonkeyMan again... JoolsG4 is correct in criticising me for posting an untested solution. While this has worked for me in the past, I've never attempted this with Tiger and iSync 2.0. I'll post my comments after I've tested my K750 (hopefully by PM tomorrow) and we'll find a solution together. Apologies to JoolsG4 if I've offended - I've never before tried your route. Peace dear JoolsG4?
To ensure that I get your response plse priv message me.
http://www.wirelessmonkey.co.za
For Apple/Sony Ericsson resources plse visit http://www.wirelessmonkey.co.za/sonyericsson
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-08 21:54
Of course! It wasn't meant to be taken as a criticism!

I'll be most interested to hear your experiences with your K750. Hopefully things will work better for you!
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 91011 ... 131415  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic