Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Add K750 to iSync in Mac OS X 10.3 Panther and 10.4 Tiger

Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 131415  Next
Author Add K750 to iSync in Mac OS X 10.3 Panther and 10.4 Tiger
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 01:06
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
You have tried restarting the computer and phone haven't you?

Also, try backing up then deleting the contents of the following folders:

Users/username/Library/Application Support/SyncServices
~/Library/Application Support/SyncService

If that does nothing restore the backups - not sure what these folders do!

I've also read that deleting (back up first just in case) the following files may help:

Home Folder>Library>Preferences>com.apple.HIToolbox.plist
Home Folder>Library>Preferences>ByHost>com.apple.HIToolbox.numbers.plist

There seems to be no logic or consistency to this whole K750 syncing issue. For some people the first method works fine, some it works partially, some it doesn't work at all. I've got mine working partially with the second method and for you its not working at all.

Just makes no sense...
Hoziedude
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 01:09
Well... I've now managed to get the right icon to show up in iSync after deleting all the pairings and pairing from the phone as opposed to the computer. However, I still can't sync my contacts - same old error message. The worst thing is that I did manage to sync both iCal and contacts initioally when I first got the phone and did the iSync.app hack. I then changed the time zone on the phone and have had probs ever since.

The most frustrating this is that this would take some Apple engineer probably no more that a couple of minutes to set up initially and probably not more than a few hours to thorougly test. I wish they'd just come out and give us a new version of iSync so we'd all be able to move on... /end whine

Thanks for your help Jools - if you come up with any other ideas I'd always be glad to hear them.

EDIT: Just read your message above - yes, did try restarting phone multiple times with no luck. I'll try the other tips tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

[ This Message was edited by: Hoziedude on 2005-06-04 00:11 ]
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 01:29
Couple of other things to try:

1) Before doing the first sync, delete all the existing contacts from your phone.
(Back them up to the Mac with the Send All Contacts option in the phone)

2) When doing the first sync, choose "Merge data" rather than "Erase data"
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 01:34
Been all over my Mac looking for iSync, iCal, and phone files. I could not find anything that I think would help. Things are much different from 10.3.x. Sorry I could not help more. I think I will sit with my v800 for quite a while.
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
sapporobaby
J110 Cream
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 01:39
Just found this on the Apple iSync site:

http://www.kinkykoala.com/macstuff/k750i/
*edited on a Mac of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

N82(YES), iPhone 3G, Shure es530, Nikon D300, more stuff. No more SE stuff, why am I still here?
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 01:44
Yeah, that's where the original plist hack came from in the first post. I added the icon to that plist mod!
Hoziedude
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 11:46
Quote:

On 2005-06-04 01:29:20, JoolsG4 wrote:
Couple of other things to try:

1) Before doing the first sync, delete all the existing contacts from your phone.
(Back them up to the Mac with the Send All Contacts option in the phone)

2) When doing the first sync, choose "Merge data" rather than "Erase data"

I think that is indeed one of the problems - it would explain why some people were having success pairing and syncing the phone originally but failed to do so after editing some settings on the K750i. Maybe iSync needs a blank slate for the first try and provided nothing changes in terms of settings afterwards, subsequent syncs go smoothly.

Only problem I have with deleting all my contacts is that if I fail to sync afterwards my phone will be useless - is there any way of manually transferring the contacts in one go?

Also, does anyone know whether a master reset causes you to lose any of the standard ringtones and/or games?

Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 11:54
To back-up all your contacts in one go (inc. photos) just go Contacts > Options > Advanced > Send all Contacts > Via Bluetooth

This will give you a .vcf file on the Mac that you can send back to the phone if anything goes wrong...
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 12:14
The Lindmark.net site is still off-line but I managed to get the info out of Google's cache:

[b]This is a description on how to use iSync 1.5 (OS X 10.3 Panther) with the new SonyEricsson K750i[b]

The new phone from SonyEricsson K750i isn't supported by iSync 1.5 in Apple OS X 10.3. You will be able to add the phone as a Bluetooth device and perform other operations on it, but you will not be able to add it as a new device in iSync.

Although the K750i is formally unsupported it is technically possible to enable it in iSync by following the procedure described below:

1. Go to the directory
    /System/Library/SyncServices/BTConduit.bundle/Contents/Resources and edit the file BTConduit_phones.plist (make sure you create a backup copy before making any changes)

2. Locate the following lines, or at least very similar ones:

Sony Ericsson--separator--AAB-1021041-CN
    bttool

3. Add the following four lines right below those to enable support for K750i and D750i (the T-mobile branded version):

Sony Ericsson--separator--AAB-1022011-BV
    bttool
    Sony Ericsson--separator--AAB-1022012-BV
    bttool

4. If you have previously paired your Mac with the K750i you must remove the pairing from both the phone and the Mac.

• Phone: Settings->Communication->Bluetooth->My Devices,
      select your Mac and then press the C key

• Mac: System Preferences->Bluetooth->Devices, select your K750i and then click on "Delete Pairing"

5. Re-pair the Mac with your K750i using the phone and not your Mac.
    Choose a temporary PIN for the pairing and enter it on the phone. Then re-enter the same code on the Mac to authorize the pairing.

6. Open iSync and add your K750i using Devices->Add Device.

7. You should now be able to sync as usual.

Bluetooth ID codes for the K750i/D750i found on bluetooth.org.

[ This Message was edited by: JoolsG4 on 2005-06-05 19:07 ]
Hoziedude
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 13:29
Victory!

Right, finally got it to sync correctly. This is what I did - with a fresh version of iSync (extract from Tiger DVD with Pacifier):

1) backed up contacts by Jools' method above
2) deleted all contacts on phone
3) deleted pairing on computer and phone
4) deleted all bluetooth.plist and isync.plist files
5) deleted the iSync .log file (don't think this is strictly necessary)
6) emptied the Phones folder in ~/Library
7) copied the PhonePlugins folder in ~/Library
restarted computer
9) restarted K750i
10) initiated pairing from computer
11) went through the regular process but unticked "use to acces internet"
13) in iSync, selected "merge data"
14) synced

All subsequent contact syncs worked after that. It must be the way either the phone or iSync deals with an existing contact list...

I haven't tested it all for stability but have synced without errors 4 or 5 times now so I'm hopeful the above should work for most people...

Thanks for your help Jools.

EDIT: I also completely emptied the calendar on my phone and that solved my calendar syncyng probs as well... It seems I've now regained all functionality...

[ This Message was edited by: Hoziedude on 2005-06-04 12:40 ]
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 13:42
Glad its started working for you...

One thing to test... I just tried editing a contact on the computer then synced the changed data. Instead of changing it on the phone it deleted the contact from the phone completely! I've read of other's on Apple's Discussions noticing the same thing.
PKblue
K750
PM
Posted: 2005-06-04 13:48
Jools, the same thing happened to me - edited a contact then it deleted it! However, adding the contact back through address book seems to have stabilised it.

But since the first sync I now get the following message after syncing even though the contacts seem to sync:

|K750i| Can't get modified records on device in fast sync : an unknown error occured (18)
Conduit K750i generated exception NSSyncConduitException: Can't get modified records on device in fast sync : an unknown error occured (18).
can't connect to the device to synchronize K750i.

Also, it doesn't seem to Sync the Calender still

We're getting close though!

PK

[ This Message was edited by: PKblue on 2005-06-04 12:49 ]

[ This Message was edited by: PKblue on 2005-06-04 12:50 ]
replicant
T68 gold
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-05 19:06
Any of you with Panther (10.3) having problems getting iSync to see the k750i after following the lindmark.net directions?

When i go to "Add Device" it simply scans then finds nothing, but on the phone it pops up "Synchronizing...", then it says "Session Completed".

Any thoughts?

THanks.

[ This Message was edited by: replicant on 2005-06-05 20:02 ]
Jools
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2005-06-05 21:37
According to Think Secret, 10.4.2 is very near to release and:

"Among the areas that have received fixes with the update are: file sharing using AFP and SMB/CIFS network file services; autologin for managed user accounts, Airport and wireless access; Core Graphics, Core Audio, and Core Image with updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers; synchronization with .Mac; creating and burning disk images using Disk Utility; and compatibility with third party applications and devices."

Hopefully this might mean the K750i...
WirelessMonkey
W800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2005-06-07 20:53
Greetings all - I envy you lot for having K750is to play with. I'm expecting mine any day now. In the meantime I've been tweaking iSync 2.0 (Tiger) to allow for the K750i. After encountering this issue with most of my Sony Ericssons, I'm now aware that the issue needs to be addressed before any contact has been made between my PowerBook, iSync and my Sony Ericsson. I've posted a solution that's worked in the past, but as I don't have my K750i yet, I'm unable to test it. The solution posted also adds the K600i to iSync. Good luck and report back please.

:: UNTESTED solution - use at own risk ::

Required altered files posted here: http://www.wirelessmonkey.co.za/iSync.zip

Instructions to add the Sony Ericsson K750i and the Sony Ericsson K600i to iSync conduit list:

Before you proceed - if you've already attempted to add you Apple to the phone, or vice versa, please delete all pairing on both the phone and your Apple. Also remove all the current definitions of your K750i or K600i in the preferences ~/Library/Phones directory (under your profile).

1. Quit iSync
2. From the APPLICATIONS folder find iSync.app
3. Ctrl Click (right click) on iSync.app
4. Choose"Show package contents"
5. Open "Contents"
6. Open "Plugins"
7. Open "ApplePhoneConduit.syncdevice
8. Open "Contents"
9. Open "Plugins"
10. Open "PhoneModelsSync.phoneplugin"
11. Open "Contents"
12. Open "Resources"
13. Add the three files supplied (SK600.tiff / SK750.tiff / MetaClasses.plist)
14. Choose to replace (with respect to MetaClasses.plist)
15. Close all Finder windows
16. Proceed to add device via Bluetooth
17. Select to use iSync
18. From iSync Add device - add your K750i or K600i
To ensure that I get your response plse priv message me.
http://www.wirelessmonkey.co.za
For Apple/Sony Ericsson resources plse visit http://www.wirelessmonkey.co.za/sonyericsson
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 8910 ... 131415  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic