Forum > Regional > Asia Pacific > New Zealanders

Previous  123 ... 201202 203204205  Next
Author New Zealanders
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-09-05 01:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
yeah they look good the Sony Tablets, although they are going to be a bit pricey but will be interested to see how they perform.

Just a quick heads up guys, I got my other half an xperia x10 a while back for a good price (pre gingerbread update) and now im looking to get a xperia x10 but the prices on trademe have shot up due to the update, anyone know where i would get a decent price x10. I would love one in white. It will be sad to see the w995 go but i need email and use AutoCAD WS for my work.
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-09-19 14:39
I got my white X10i from here for $503 brand new with Android 2.1 pre-installed. As a generic firmware version, the 2.3.3 update is instantly available.

However, the same place has the Xperia ray for $494, Xperia Play in white for $514 and the Xperia Arc for $547, all of which run Android 2.3 out of the box and will be further upgradeable unlike the X10i.

If you can afford to it would be worth waiting for the new 1.4GHz Xperia Arc S to arrive.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-10-27 01:34
Hey guys just ordered a xperia neo v at a very good price brand new for $400! can anyone let me know (if they have one) what their experience has been like? Im excited!!!
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-29 22:48
Sad, but since the announcement of Sony buying I can't see me buying any more phones and certainly not any Sony phones. iPhone, Samsung Galaxy S II and HTC Sensation are the phones that interest me at present. I was looking at the Arc S for my GF for Xmas but since the buyout news it looks like a dead end and servicing product is already a joke her in NZ, looks like it's set to get harder. Planning on getting her an iPad 2 instead since the iPhone 4S is not an option here yet.

Have you seen Telecom's Smartphone $100 plan? 300mins, 300txt and 2GB data per month and a SGSII or HTC Sensation for $0 up front on a 24 month contract. That equates to $10 per week for the phone and $55 per month for the plan, not bad at all and similar to what I'm paying now. With Vodafone dropping the 3GB/1000pxt promotion for new customers and reducing the iPhone subsidies on the $40 plan from $480 to $150, this Telecom plan is the new Best Deal IMHOand leaves Vodafone looking uncompetitive in the smartphone market, especially since they don't have the iPhone 4S yet and may never have it.
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-10-31 02:51
Yeah Carkitter i saw that, but the 2011 Xperia lineup will still be supported, I dont think Sony are that stupid not to let their existing customers down. I also think the CEO Howard Stringer will remain as CEO but of the mobile division of Sony. I think it will be pretty exciting to be honest because i have had a play with the Sony tablets they have brought out already and they are a really competitor to the ipad, especially its design and ergonomics. Maybe get your girlfriend a Sony tablet?
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-10-31 09:15
We went to the Youbee store in Newmarket yesterday followed by the Sony Store specifically to check out the tablets at both places. The iPad has far better build quality than the Sony Tablet S but you are right about the S having better ergonomics - it's lighter and the offset weight is pure genius. The iPad gave me sore wrists from it's weight after just a minute of holding it. However, the iPad has endless accessories for docking and angled support so in the end it won't be that big a problem. The UI is faster on the iPad, much simpler and more coordinated. The Android 3.2 UI was just a mess and it didn't help that the staff member setting it up and adding apps and content had placed random and useless stuff all over the place. I did like the infa-red remote feature of the S and having gone off Apple sometime ago and gotten really keen on Google's cloud features, I could see me getting the Sony Tablet S one day, when the price comes down. If the iPad is a $799 device the the S is only worth $600 IMHO.

Since I'm buying for my GF and not for me, it's iPad all the way (16GB wifi only in white). Should have it by the weekend.
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-11-03 04:56
Yeah your right Carkitter, that Android version is a bit of mess. Honestly Honeycomb is a mess in general, hopefully ICS will address some issues. Just got my white Neo V and its gorgeous, very sleek and looks thinner as it does in the photos. Love the Bravia display engine especially, so just going to have lots of fun setting it up and getting some decent apps and music on it!! Happy Shopping Carkitter!!
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-11-04 07:57
ok guys need a bit of help, the xperia neo v i got doesnt seem to work too well. I have tried to set up the phone for mobile internet and wireless but it doesnt seem to work. I tried to go through the 2degrees website but they dont have the neo v on yet. Also the phone has been imported from hong kong so im not sure if it will be work here, will it?
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-11-06 02:58
panic over guys! it was the wireless router messing me around so all good! , Loving the new gesture input it's so easy! I love this Sony Ericsson great handset!,:-D
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-11-06 11:49
Congrats on your new phone!

We bought the iPad yesterday. Quite nice to use but as usual, setting it up via iTunes can only be described using words unsuitable for the forum. I was surprised to find that it was running iOS 4.3.5 and not v5 but oh well, a 707MB(!) download soon fixed that. I'm certainly missing the extra buttons that Android has though; I've quite gotten used to having the Back and Options keys.

We also picked up a white rubberised Kensington cover to protect the back, an Apple smart cover in pastel blue for the front and against my better judgement a pack of two screen protectors so the final bill was boosted by $127 over and above the cost of the iPad. They tried to sell us Apple Care too but I said no.

Staff in the Youbee store in Newmarket were exceedingly casual. Sure it was a Saturday, but congregating in groups with backs to customers gives a poor impression, especially in a flagship store.
[ This Message was edited by: carkitter on 2011-11-06 10:51 ]
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-11-14 23:56
Next thing im due to get is this baby, http://www.expansys.co.nz/son[....]ock-multimedia-station-221384/

Wow i have downloaded game emulators and i really hate the touchscreen joypads so this should help me use proper joypads. I was going to get a Xperia Play but really need something thats easier & lighter hence the Neo V. I cant wait for this bad boy really will change how i use my phone now!!!
chunkybeats
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2011-11-15 21:49
oh great just went to order the item and expansys mysteriously remove the docking station. Does anyone know where else I can get this? It is pretty awesome and because its any other company, no one takes interest in it. My other option is to get it shipped as a gift from the UK as they sell heaps there. not a happy person today
Evilchap
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2011-11-21 06:43
Hi guys long time no see

For the dock you should try Mobile Fone Rescue on 0800 021 222, they may be able to assist with this.
K71
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2011-11-22 13:06
I've got a gold Ray heading my way from HK via. ebay. Hopefully it will work like a charm! Played with one a few times in the vodafone store and decided it will do for me, smaller screen than Arc (my other option), but looks and handles great, and cheaper too. I'll never do alot of net surfing on it anyway (most likely always at home), although i could still read the text on screen fairly easily with surfing on the store Ray. Will be my first Android, will be upgrading from my G900, so will have to learn a bit about apps and widgets etc!! It will be nice too to load up the 32GB card i got for it with lots of music, as i only have an 8gb card in the G900!! 8GB doesn't fit enough MP3 albums on it @ 320kbps!!
Gold Ray + 32 Gig Stick + Sennheiser PX200 = who needs an Iphoney?
K71
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2011-11-24 11:54
Wow!! I've had another photo hit the top of the charts!! that makes 2 chart toppers so far. Will be interesting to see how long that lasts!! I also killed this thread by visiting it after so long away. Typical!!
Gold Ray + 32 Gig Stick + Sennheiser PX200 = who needs an Iphoney?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 201202 203204205  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic